Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Comments
7,841 - 7,860 of 9,570 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2014
Dr Freud

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Martin was doing nothing illegal. Police Chief Lee said so and Angela Corey confirmed it.
The "Police Chief Lee said so and Angela Corey confirmed it."
Really?
Well, do be telling us how it was that Martin was seen by witnesses, to be sitting atop Zimmerman, both punching him and pounding his head into the pavement, prior to being eliminated from the gene pool?
Dr Freud

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

zerosum wrote:
Zimmerman isn't very bright but he was smart enough to notify LE that there was a black teen wearing a hoodie. Then he got off the line to make sure LE could not listen to him as he followed Martin (against the advice of the dispatcher), accosted Martin and shot Martin dead.
Thank heavens Zimmerman will have to stand trial for shooting Martin.
Justice will prevail. That will not bring Martin bacck but it will assure that Zimmerman never again shoots another unarmed black teenager, or any teens of any color, wearing hoodies or not.
But you're a racist though, right?
Dr Freud

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

zerosum wrote:
Because GZ gunned the unarmed lad down - in cold blood.
All the while being on the ground, on his back, and while being pummeled by Martin ...

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a possibility of that but highly doubtful.
How many kids do we know of go all rabid dog crazy whome have never had a violent background over such a statement?
It's hard to say given we have one obviously one man with a huge self interest who lived and the other witness dead.
The fact still remains is that Zimmerman brought this to a head.
I don't care how illegal anyone thinks someone going after another because they thought they were a threat is - Zimmerman had no right to fuck with Trayvon in the manner he did.
That's the bottom line. Don't screw with people only to cry at the outcome. You pistol packing pussies piss me off in thinking you can wade through life pushing people around as if you had a right to. Appointing yourself the Lone Ranger and dicking with others is not acceptable.
Evidence indicates Martin was adopting a “gangsta” persona. Makes my theory much more likely. Calling the police would be dissing him.

There’s no evidence Zimmerman ever used his pistol in the fashion you indicate. There is no evidence he used the pistol until after the beating began.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

zerosum wrote:
Zimmerman isn't very bright but he was smart enough to notify LE that there was a black teen wearing a hoodie. Then he got off the line to make sure LE could not listen to him as he followed Martin (against the advice of the dispatcher), accosted Martin and shot Martin dead.
Thank heavens Zimmerman will have to stand trial for shooting Martin.
Justice will prevail. That will not bring Martin bacck but it will assure that Zimmerman never again shoots another unarmed black teenager, or any teens of any color, wearing hoodies or not.
You mean if it goes to trial? It does not look like the state is in any hurry to get to trial. Could it be because they have no case and in no hurry to make fools of themselves in court? Looks like ole George is going to be wandering the streets for a while. Maybe he has learned from this, when he shoots a thug just don't call the police. Or just be patient and the black teens in hoodies will kill each other.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Martin was doing nothing illegal. Police Chief Lee said so and Angela Corey confirmed it.
Up until he assaulted Z for no apparent reason.

There has been yet anyone to show what "threat of unlawful force" by Z that M was allegedly defending himself against when he hit Z.

Do you have any facts that would support M's use of force against Z...?
Marauder

Valdez, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure TM thought GZ was a pervert following him. He may have been correct, we don't know.
Because GZ gunned the unarmed lad down - in cold blood.
ROTFLMAO...more arrogant speculation...lol

"He may have been correct, we don't know."

Then why bring it up...? It's not an established fact of the case...is it...?

"Because GZ gunned the unarmed lad down - in cold blood."

Yeah...riiiight!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Was either action illegal? Since these actions were legal they are not relevant at trial. The state must prove a law was broken. Do you have any proof, you know that thing the state must provide? Please show what laws were broken and the proof of that violation. No more perhaps, maybe, could be, what if, odds are, probably, or any other crap. Prove your case or just shut up. I for one am tired of your racist crap. If you have an I.Q. above 3 this should not be a problem.
ROFL! You are too slow to keep up. Try again.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence indicates Martin was adopting a “gangsta” persona. Makes my theory much more likely. Calling the police would be dissing him.
only in your own mind. What evidence is that? A twitter account and a few photo of some tats? So you suggest rounding up eveyone with tats and bad grammar and murdering them because they are "gangsta" as u call it? ROFL!
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s no evidence Zimmerman ever used his pistol in the fashion you indicate. There is no evidence he used the pistol until after the beating began.
If you took your blinders off and set your political agenda aside, you might see the "writing on the wall".

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
only in your own mind. What evidence is that? A twitter account and a few photo of some tats? So you suggest rounding up eveyone with tats and bad grammar and murdering them because they are "gangsta" as u call it? ROFL!
<quoted text>
If you took your blinders off and set your political agenda aside, you might see the "writing on the wall".
Keep playing the role of fool. You do that so well.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! You are too slow to keep up. Try again.
Still waiting on that proof. You've been asked several times for proof of your claims so where is it? Looks like your the one to catch up.
Dr Freud

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evidence indicates". That isn't evidence, it is an attempt to blame the victim for his own death.
No matter what persona TM adopted that was no reason to shoot him in cold blood while he was unarmed.
TM had the right to defend himself from the strange man who had been following him. GZ had no right to follow him and should have stayed in his truck.
"That isn't evidence, it is an attempt to blame the victim for his own death."

Yeah? Well, talk about this (from a LIBERAL news source nonetheless):
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-med...
Dr Freud

Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't click on links. What does liberal have to do with TM's murder?
You "don't click on links." But you 'click on' the TOPIX links.
Uh-huh ...
Dr Freud

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
I assumed you had common sense. Sorry for that misconception.
I don't click on links in blog posted by people I don't know.
I always have a Topix tab open and have no need to click on a link. I certainly would if necessary, I have it bookmarked.
Yes, of course: Duplicitousness is your nickname.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't "click" on much.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evidence indicates". That isn't evidence, it is an attempt to blame the victim for his own death.
No matter what persona TM adopted that was no reason to shoot him in cold blood while he was unarmed.
TM had the right to defend himself from the strange man who had been following him. GZ had no right to follow him and should have stayed in his truck.
Not for the blame, for the reason he may have attacked Zimmerman.

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you don’t want to learn more about the case.

“Put the X Back in X-Mas.”

Norman, Oklahoma

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

eternal cynic wrote:
Not for the blame, for the reason he may have attacked Zimmerman.
He was just upset that Zimmerman was making him drop those deadly Skittles...
Marauder

Valdez, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
How about why GZ might have attacked him?
TM was minding his own business when a strange man started following him. As it turned out, a strange man with a loaded gun and a Napoleon complex. All TM was doing was defending himself from this strange man who might have been a pervert for all TM knew. I'm not sure he isn't a pervert. It would certainly explain a lot of things, like why he didn't want the dispatcher to be on the line when he accosted TM.
GZ should have stayed in his truck.
"All TM was doing was defending himself from this strange man who might have been a pervert for all TM knew."

I asked you and others this question before...all have failed to provide an answer...what threat of "unlawful use of force" by GZ was TM defending himself agains...?

Can YOU answer that question...? And "IF" he was defending himself, where is the evidence of offensive wounds on GZ...?

"GZ should have stayed in his truck."

That is the ONE statement so far that I agree with.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"All TM was doing was defending himself from this strange man who might have been a pervert for all TM knew."
I asked you and others this question before...all have failed to provide an answer...what threat of "unlawful use of force" by GZ was TM defending himself agains...?
Can YOU answer that question...? And "IF" he was defending himself, where is the evidence of offensive wounds on GZ...?
"GZ should have stayed in his truck."
That is the ONE statement so far that I agree with.
I herd a lady in Alaska fell of an 18 foot cliff testing.

I join with Bloomberg and screamed , there out to be a law.

We need to register and give training classes to all those who would dare use something as dangerous as a cell phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police cleared to return to duty after shooting... 30 min inquiring minds 10
Michael Brown's family prepares to say goodbye 31 min Honestly 5
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr Hansup Doan Shoe 1,245
Shooting has gained Pittsfield's attention 5 hr DCF CPS DSS are M... 10
Manslaughter verdict in bizarre San Francisco s... 5 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 2
Two Weekend Shootings Involving Police Prompt P... 8 hr Serious Mess 2
Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing (Jul '08) 20 hr cords too tight 164
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••