Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

There are 9850 comments on the Bloomberg story from Mar 20, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8241 Sep 26, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence indicates Martin was adopting a “gangsta” persona. Makes my theory much more likely. Calling the police would be dissing him.
only in your own mind. What evidence is that? A twitter account and a few photo of some tats? So you suggest rounding up eveyone with tats and bad grammar and murdering them because they are "gangsta" as u call it? ROFL!
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s no evidence Zimmerman ever used his pistol in the fashion you indicate. There is no evidence he used the pistol until after the beating began.
If you took your blinders off and set your political agenda aside, you might see the "writing on the wall".

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#8242 Sep 26, 2012
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
only in your own mind. What evidence is that? A twitter account and a few photo of some tats? So you suggest rounding up eveyone with tats and bad grammar and murdering them because they are "gangsta" as u call it? ROFL!
<quoted text>
If you took your blinders off and set your political agenda aside, you might see the "writing on the wall".
Keep playing the role of fool. You do that so well.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#8243 Sep 26, 2012
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL! You are too slow to keep up. Try again.
Still waiting on that proof. You've been asked several times for proof of your claims so where is it? Looks like your the one to catch up.
Dr Freud

Copenhagen, Denmark

#8246 Sep 26, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evidence indicates". That isn't evidence, it is an attempt to blame the victim for his own death.
No matter what persona TM adopted that was no reason to shoot him in cold blood while he was unarmed.
TM had the right to defend himself from the strange man who had been following him. GZ had no right to follow him and should have stayed in his truck.
"That isn't evidence, it is an attempt to blame the victim for his own death."

Yeah? Well, talk about this (from a LIBERAL news source nonetheless):
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-med...
Dr Freud

Copenhagen, Denmark

#8248 Sep 26, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't click on links. What does liberal have to do with TM's murder?
You "don't click on links." But you 'click on' the TOPIX links.
Uh-huh ...
Dr Freud

Helsinki, Finland

#8250 Sep 26, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
I assumed you had common sense. Sorry for that misconception.
I don't click on links in blog posted by people I don't know.
I always have a Topix tab open and have no need to click on a link. I certainly would if necessary, I have it bookmarked.
Yes, of course: Duplicitousness is your nickname.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#8251 Sep 26, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't click on links. What does liberal have to do with TM's murder?
You don't "click" on much.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#8252 Sep 27, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evidence indicates". That isn't evidence, it is an attempt to blame the victim for his own death.
No matter what persona TM adopted that was no reason to shoot him in cold blood while he was unarmed.
TM had the right to defend himself from the strange man who had been following him. GZ had no right to follow him and should have stayed in his truck.
Not for the blame, for the reason he may have attacked Zimmerman.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#8253 Sep 27, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't click on links. What does liberal have to do with TM's murder?
Yes, you don’t want to learn more about the case.

“Put the X Back in X-Mas.”

Since: Feb 08

Norman, Oklahoma

#8254 Sep 27, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
Not for the blame, for the reason he may have attacked Zimmerman.
He was just upset that Zimmerman was making him drop those deadly Skittles...
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#8256 Sep 27, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
How about why GZ might have attacked him?
TM was minding his own business when a strange man started following him. As it turned out, a strange man with a loaded gun and a Napoleon complex. All TM was doing was defending himself from this strange man who might have been a pervert for all TM knew. I'm not sure he isn't a pervert. It would certainly explain a lot of things, like why he didn't want the dispatcher to be on the line when he accosted TM.
GZ should have stayed in his truck.
"All TM was doing was defending himself from this strange man who might have been a pervert for all TM knew."

I asked you and others this question before...all have failed to provide an answer...what threat of "unlawful use of force" by GZ was TM defending himself agains...?

Can YOU answer that question...? And "IF" he was defending himself, where is the evidence of offensive wounds on GZ...?

"GZ should have stayed in his truck."

That is the ONE statement so far that I agree with.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#8258 Sep 27, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"All TM was doing was defending himself from this strange man who might have been a pervert for all TM knew."
I asked you and others this question before...all have failed to provide an answer...what threat of "unlawful use of force" by GZ was TM defending himself agains...?
Can YOU answer that question...? And "IF" he was defending himself, where is the evidence of offensive wounds on GZ...?
"GZ should have stayed in his truck."
That is the ONE statement so far that I agree with.
I herd a lady in Alaska fell of an 18 foot cliff testing.

I join with Bloomberg and screamed , there out to be a law.

We need to register and give training classes to all those who would dare use something as dangerous as a cell phone.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#8259 Sep 27, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>I herd a lady in Alaska fell of an 18 foot cliff testing.
I join with Bloomberg and screamed , there out to be a law.
We need to register and give training classes to all those who would dare use something as dangerous as a cell phone.
Bloomberg can come suck on my "Big Gulp".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#8260 Sep 27, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
Because GZ's many statements conflict with each other and to date there are no known witnesses to verify exactly what happened, we will most likely never know what transpired.
GZ lies in court, to his friends, to TV cameras, and most likely to everyone, so we can't trust anything he says. I will defer to the state to present the evidence.
Obviously O'Mara thinks the state's evidence is compelling since he has said it will cost well over a million to defend his client.
That's a big number for a man who claimed he was going to take the case pro bono.
So we agree that there is no evidence or justification for TM to attack or "defend" himself agaimst GZ...and no evidence that GZ attacked TM.

What we do have is the 2nd hand information of the phone conversation at the time "contact" was made...meaning verbal contact. TM..."Why are you following me?"...GZ..."What are you doing here?". Both legitimate questions under the circumstances and neither of which would justify an attack by either side.

Then you have to rely on the physical evidence that you do have from the scene and the individuals involved...and the limited witness accounts of what they saw.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#8261 Sep 27, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Bloomberg can come suck on my "Big Gulp".
If I had the money I would rent a bus and delivery truck and bring in a bunch of "outsiders" and hand out empty 64 0z. plastic cups with the
Gadsden flag on one side and the the words "Where is my America on the other.

It is distressing my dreams are so costly but I will protest NYC by spending my dollars not there but with the friendly people of Alaska , true Americans.
Dr Freud

Helsinki, Finland

#8262 Sep 27, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
Because GZ's many statements conflict with each other and to date there are no known witnesses to verify exactly what happened, we will most likely never know what transpired.
GZ lies in court, to his friends, to TV cameras, and most likely to everyone, so we can't trust anything he says. I will defer to the state to present the evidence.
Obviously O'Mara thinks the state's evidence is compelling since he has said it will cost well over a million to defend his client.
That's a big number for a man who claimed he was going to take the case pro bono.
"Because GZ's many statements conflict with each other and to date there are no known witnesses to verify exactly what happened, we will most likely never know what transpired."

PROVIDE PROOF of that.
Give URL's.
Will you do that?
Just because YOU say so, it doesn't mean that YOUR statements are in any way true.
So, PROVIDE PROOF.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#8263 Sep 27, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>If I had the money I would rent a bus and delivery truck and bring in a bunch of "outsiders" and hand out empty 64 0z. plastic cups with the
Gadsden flag on one side and the the words "Where is my America on the other.
It is distressing my dreams are so costly but I will protest NYC by spending my dollars not there but with the friendly people of Alaska , true Americans.
Thank you brother. ;)

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#8265 Sep 28, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evidence indicates". That isn't evidence, it is an attempt to blame the victim for his own death.
No matter what persona TM adopted that was no reason to shoot him in cold blood while he was unarmed.
TM had the right to defend himself from the strange man who had been following him. GZ had no right to follow him and should have stayed in his truck.
I don’t believe Zimmerman attacked Martin. The 911 call clearly indicates Zimmerman lost Martin. Check that out for yourself. What happened after that point? Most reasonably is Martin circled back and ambushed Zimmerman. The lack of defensive wounds on Martin support that.

Keep in mind, Zimmerman probably couldn’t break a ten minute mile. Chasing is out of the question.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#8266 Sep 28, 2012
zerosum wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read everything that has been released officially about this case. You are the one who doesn't want to learn more.
Really? You’re the one refusing to follow links which possibly contain more information. I have indeed read all the released documents.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8267 Sep 28, 2012
Ahh this one came out today. I thought scenarios like this one are "crazy" and "would never happen"...

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/sep/28/co...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Payne gets new trial in triple homicide (Sep '06) 5 hr IamTerriffic 24
News 27 years later, woman charged in fatal shooting... 13 hr Doc Holiday 3
News My Turn: Another day, another mass shooting in ... 19 hr payme 4
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 22 hr hmmmm 2,062
News Oak Hill man dies after shots exchanged in Faye... 22 hr Upeopleneedtogeta... 22
News America's deadliest shooting incidents are gett... Fri Noe 474
News Supreme Court temporarily halts Alabama execution Fri Stephen D Clark 3
More from around the web