Euharlee police officer under investi...

Euharlee police officer under investigation fired from last job

There are 20 comments on the 11Alive story from Mar 3, 2014, titled Euharlee police officer under investigation fired from last job. In it, 11Alive reports that:

Personnel records of a Euharlee police officer involved in a deadly shooting show that she was repeatedly reprimanded over her 10 years on the job in Acworth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 11Alive.

Watch and Learn

Durham, NC

#1 Mar 4, 2014
Loose cannon perhaps?
Thorrand

Shawnee, KS

#2 Mar 4, 2014
Discharged her weapon because someone was taking off a backpack. Shot because she thought something was in his hand. Does this sound like the kind of person you want patrolling your streets with a gun. She is way too careless to be a cop.
Amazed

Rome, GA

#3 Mar 4, 2014
Huge issue for the chief. He's made several bad hires and decisions and it's finally caught up with him in a tragic way. I don't see how the city can keep him after this. He either knew of her past or should've known.
Reeda reckon

United States

#4 Mar 21, 2014
My goodness! Way would they even hire knowing about all of this. They should've known something bad was going to happen. I voted for Mayor Thayer, he needs to do something about our police dept. It's embarrassing, dangerous, and just plain wrong.

The government is supposed to be for the people people?
Truth

Cartersville, GA

#5 Mar 21, 2014
Don't believe everything you hear, She was cleared by Acworth, no charges ever filed and she was fully vetted before even being offered the position. Euharlee PD has an extensive interview process. Either way, She was hired before Dennis even ran for office.
Watch and Learn

Durham, NC

#6 Mar 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
Don't believe everything you hear, She was cleared by Acworth, no charges ever filed and she was fully vetted before even being offered the position. Euharlee PD has an extensive interview process. Either way, She was hired before Dennis even ran for office.
An extensive interview process? I still think you're an inside man, you seem to know more than others on here. Especially more than that Purple Unicorn moron on the other thread.
Truth

Cartersville, GA

#7 Mar 21, 2014
Watch and Learn wrote:
<quoted text>
An extensive interview process? I still think you're an inside man, you seem to know more than others on here. Especially more than that Purple Unicorn moron on the other thread.
Just curious, do you live in Euharlee?
Watch and Learn

Durham, NC

#8 Mar 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, do you live in Euharlee?
Grew up in the area and have relatives that live there.(No, not the Roupe's). Why do you ask?
Truth

Cartersville, GA

#9 Mar 21, 2014
Watch and Learn wrote:
<quoted text>
Grew up in the area and have relatives that live there.(No, not the Roupe's). Why do you ask?
Just curious. To answer your question, No I am not an insider. I have not learned anything from EPD that others in the city are not able to do. The Chief has been very open and transparent since taking the job and even offers monthly stats if you ask. There is a monthly meeting that all residents are welcome to attend and ask any question or find out things they are doing. If it is something he can't talk about, he will tell you that. I deal with many officers (no I am not a cop) and agencies and can tell you EPD is one of the most forthcoming when they can be.
Purple unicorn

United States

#10 Mar 21, 2014
Go pull the personnel file dumbass, Someone posted about this in the rumor forum and the real facts were spelled out there. I believe you were one of the idiots bashing the officer over there to. IA investigation and video show suspect reached behind his back into his waistband to take off his back pack, dumbass should have been shot.
Purple unicorn

United States

#11 Mar 21, 2014
Just read some more of the posts and yes you are the idiot from the rumors circulating forum..... What you switch to another forum cause the user truth will come tore apart all your lies about the officer by personally getting her file? I like the part of the reported discipline timeline was on an illegal write up and 2 of the accidents weren't her fault and that there was not one legit complaint in 10 years. Leaving her gun with a civilian employee whom probably has some type of law enforcement certification behind what were probably secured doors for a pr photo ....cole law is out trying to ruin the officers image again with defamation. The officer needs to sue the media , attorney and family. What about the numerous commendations and the award from the governor of Georgia for heroism. The firing from the last job was for running out of family medical leave for some type if illness. What about the training record with over 2000 hours, certified field training officer, intermediate and advanced certification. Sounds highly trained and competent to me. Funny how the media can put a spin on something and idiots like some of you eat it up. If someone put a gun in your face the only thing you would have for them is a bullet, why does it not apply here? Your government is not here to die needlessly for you, everyone of them have families to go home to and they will fight until death to save an innocent , their partners or themselves, hell they would all do anything in their power to save you idiots even though you are all rendering your judgement without any facts and attacking the people that have given you real verifiable data or pointed to where you could find it. VZcristopher roupe was not an innocent that night he criminally pointed a gun at a police officer
Watch and Learn

Durham, NC

#12 Mar 22, 2014
Purple unicorn wrote:
Just read some more of the posts and yes you are the idiot from the rumors circulating forum..... What you switch to another forum cause the user truth will come tore apart all your lies about the officer by personally getting her file? I like the part of the reported discipline timeline was on an illegal write up and 2 of the accidents weren't her fault and that there was not one legit complaint in 10 years. Leaving her gun with a civilian employee whom probably has some type of law enforcement certification behind what were probably secured doors for a pr photo ....cole law is out trying to ruin the officers image again with defamation. The officer needs to sue the media , attorney and family. What about the numerous commendations and the award from the governor of Georgia for heroism. The firing from the last job was for running out of family medical leave for some type if illness. What about the training record with over 2000 hours, certified field training officer, intermediate and advanced certification. Sounds highly trained and competent to me. Funny how the media can put a spin on something and idiots like some of you eat it up. If someone put a gun in your face the only thing you would have for them is a bullet, why does it not apply here? Your government is not here to die needlessly for you, everyone of them have families to go home to and they will fight until death to save an innocent , their partners or themselves, hell they would all do anything in their power to save you idiots even though you are all rendering your judgement without any facts and attacking the people that have given you real verifiable data or pointed to where you could find it. VZcristopher roupe was not an innocent that night he criminally pointed a gun at a police officer
Wow Officer Unicorn, you are really wound up tight on this one!
You present numerous opportunites for discussion, but I only intend to address your last sentence: cristopher roupe was not an innocent that night he criminally pointed a gun at a police officer
Do you have some inside information too? All we have is the officers testimony. Was you there?
1. How do you know it was actually a gun? No one but the GBI, DA and witnesses can say what the young fellow had in his hand when Officer Gatny executed him.
2. If there was a gun, how do you know it was pointed at her? Did you see it, or are you basing it on her sworn testimony? Of course if it is a sworn testimony then it must be true, cops would never lie, especially not to save their own ass.
Unless you were there, Mr. Unicorn, then you are just speculating like the rest of us.
Purple unicorn

United States

#13 Mar 22, 2014
The gun is a fact per GBI. Pointing it at her is based on her affidavit, What the trailer manager stated about the pull the trigger game, and finally one of the roupes aunts stated daddy roupe and sister roupe told her christopher answered the door pointing a gun at the officer and has since condemned the dad and sister for their story changing. I think that was a Facebook posting, probably been taken down cause it hurts cole laws case, maybe that aunt will find this forum and post here for us. I thought this forum was about her record, nice to see mr cole law wants it sent another way. Especially when someone actually has evidence and facts about her record and can disprove everything you say about her. Although it's not a perfect record it is pretty damn good and definitely not what the media is spinning it to be. Keep to topic here highly trained, experienced and decorated officer shoots young man who put a gun in her face. And another fact that you can verify if you look in the mirror, you are a douch
Watch and Learn

Durham, NC

#14 Mar 22, 2014
Purple unicorn wrote:
The gun is a fact per GBI. Pointing it at her is based on her affidavit, What the trailer manager stated about the pull the trigger game, and finally one of the roupes aunts stated daddy roupe and sister roupe told her christopher answered the door pointing a gun at the officer and has since condemned the dad and sister for their story changing. I think that was a Facebook posting, probably been taken down cause it hurts cole laws case, maybe that aunt will find this forum and post here for us. I thought this forum was about her record, nice to see mr cole law wants it sent another way. Especially when someone actually has evidence and facts about her record and can disprove everything you say about her. Although it's not a perfect record it is pretty damn good and definitely not what the media is spinning it to be. Keep to topic here highly trained, experienced and decorated officer shoots young man who put a gun in her face. And another fact that you can verify if you look in the mirror, you are a douch
I'll give you that the GBI stated there was a gun, although the GBI spokesperson didn't even know what kind of gun, which seems like an important detail. The rest of your rhetoric is based on hearsay and rumors.
It is true that Gatny has a lot of training and a lot of hours. This means nothing. You can send an idiot to college, and when he finally graduates years later, what will you have? Well, Mr. Purple Unicorn, you will have yourself one college-educated idiot!
On a final note, Officer, if you are going to call me names, at least have the dignity to spell it correctly. You called me a douch, I believe you meant to call me a douche. I forgive your mistake, but please try harder next time. Its just embarrassing.
good point

Cartersville, GA

#15 Mar 22, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious. To answer your question, No I am not an insider. I have not learned anything from EPD that others in the city are not able to do. The Chief has been very open and transparent since taking the job and even offers monthly stats if you ask. There is a monthly meeting that all residents are welcome to attend and ask any question or find out things they are doing. If it is something he can't talk about, he will tell you that. I deal with many officers (no I am not a cop) and agencies and can tell you EPD is one of the most forthcoming when they can be.
If you were at the meeting thur night the Chief explain the process
Truth

Cartersville, GA

#16 Mar 22, 2014
good point wrote:
<quoted text>If you were at the meeting thur night the Chief explain the process
I take it you were! Just curious, did it sound extensive or do they just hire anyone who can write a ticket?
Purple unicorn

Bolivar, MO

#17 Mar 22, 2014
Seems the spelling corrections you hit on in both forums for me and another was turd and douche..... Good indicator what you gravitate towards. Not hearsay from the the aunt if it's in writing.... Say on a Facebook post ect.... Audio , video and internet are wonderful things! What's embarrassing is your efforts to spread crap when peoples hands are tied and can't defend themselves, you are a coward plain and simple. You remind me of a bad attorney.. Give it another 2 weeks and then we can all rub your face in the filth you are spewing and watch you scurry back into your hole trying to help fake walmart slip and fall con artists, smoking dope and having the police respond to domestic calls at your house like cole law
Purple unicorn

Bolivar, MO

#18 Mar 22, 2014
By the way, 10 years of stellar evals, commendations, awards and the like is pretty good proof of the officer's ability. The proof is in the file and THAT is a fact.
Watch and Learn

Durham, NC

#19 Mar 23, 2014
Purple unicorn wrote:
Seems the spelling corrections you hit on in both forums for me and another was turd and douche..... Good indicator what you gravitate towards. Not hearsay from the the aunt if it's in writing.... Say on a Facebook post ect.... Audio , video and internet are wonderful things! What's embarrassing is your efforts to spread crap when peoples hands are tied and can't defend themselves, you are a coward plain and simple. You remind me of a bad attorney.. Give it another 2 weeks and then we can all rub your face in the filth you are spewing and watch you scurry back into your hole trying to help fake walmart slip and fall con artists, smoking dope and having the police respond to domestic calls at your house like cole law
Wow, you can dish it out but you really can't take it can you? I am going to have to go easy on your from now on, I feel terrible for making you so upset.
Congrats on using spell check on that thread, your performance is improving. All of the insults you shot at me were spelled correctly this time. We are all so proud of your achievement!
Justice JAGoff

San Antonio, TX

#20 Mar 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
Come on, these small departments are full of half-loads and misfits that are constantly scurrying around looking for the next higher paying job while leaving a trail of mistakes and screw-ups behind them. Small departments are filled with leftovers who couldn't qualify for the big city or federal & state governments. If the background checks & interview process were as thorough as you claim, then no one would get hired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charleston church shooting coverage criticized ... 2 hr Ben 354
News Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate fl... 4 hr Reynosa Mariacha 14
News 3 dead, 21 wounded in weekend shootings 11 hr reality is a crutch 1
News IPRA recommends the firing of a Chicago police ... 15 hr reality is a crutch 1
News Funeral set for Charleston church slaying victi... Sun Oliver Howell 1
News Cops bought Dylann Roof a Burger King meal afte... Sun goonsquad 9
News Canton man pleads guilty to murder (Oct '07) Jun 27 DsNutts 7
More from around the web