Springfield Police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting

The man killed in an officer-involved shooting Thursday in Springfield has been identified as Jason Strange, 38, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Full Story
plain spoken

United States

#243 Jul 17, 2012
If the city had been more prepared a life would have been saved.....and 2 children would still have a father... Keep in mind Mr Strange was someone's son.... father...brother...nephew... grandson... friend. Hopefully now that the ill equipped city of Springfield finally has Tasers less brutal force will be used.... Unless those are abused~
plain spoken

United States

#244 Jul 24, 2012
Seems springfield police are a lil trigger happy.... smh another shooting on July 19th... I hope everyone looks into this.
plain spoken

United States

#245 Jul 26, 2012
Greatful wrote:
I have know Officer Berry for many years and he is one of the best officers and men that I know in and out of uniform! It is very easy to Monday morning quarter back anyone but with this paticular incident, not only was officer Berry at risk of seriouse bodly injury but the apartment manager, who was pregnant and standing next to him, was also at risk for being stabbed or slashed. If there were ever an incident where deadly force was justified, this was it! The suspect was told many times to put the knife down so that no one else got hurt, he did NOT heed the warning and left this officer no chose! No officer wants is to have to use deadly force but he/she doesn't act it could cost his/hers or someone else's life...ie, the pregnant apartment manager. The city of Springfield, its residence and the apartment manager owes officer Berry a great deal of gratitude, thank you officer Berry for your selfless sacrifice and my thoughts and prayers are most definantly with you! As for the family of the suspect, my prayers are with you as well!
As for meme, you really need to know more about the Bilble before you post remark like this, it goes a little further than tho shalt not kill, there's also many other passages and words of God that apply to our protectors, and just in case you did not catch this part, he was protecting innocent lives that day as he does every other day! He did not shoot to kill, he shot to stop the threat that was imminent that day at that time. If you were there and the threat was comming after you, I think you would hope and pray that he would stop it and save your life! This day, officer Berry did his job very well and without hesitation which saved at least two lives, again very well done officer Berry! You are a truly a wonderfully caring person, never stop being or believing that!
I hope that the apt manager also told the police officer that Mr Stranges son was there.... and I just wonder just how close the apt manager was to Mr Strange.... I pray that everyone is investigating all of this to the fullest. And from what I understand Mr Strange could barely walk that day!!! And he didn't shoot to kill? Point blank range in the chest gtho... He most definitely didn't shoot to wound or Mr Strange would still be here with his children. I hope all who praise this officer makes sure they pray for Mr Stranges children!
Greatful

United States

#246 Aug 26, 2012
plain spoken wrote:
<quoted text>I hope that the apt manager also told the police officer that Mr Stranges son was there.... and I just wonder just how close the apt manager was to Mr Strange.... I pray that everyone is investigating all of this to the fullest. And from what I understand Mr Strange could barely walk that day!!! And he didn't shoot to kill? Point blank range in the chest gtho... He most definitely didn't shoot to wound or Mr Strange would still be here with his children. I hope all who praise this officer makes sure they pray for Mr Stranges children!
Your very correct, he did not shoot to wound.... He shot to stop the threat! And how close someone is to the suspect has nothing to do with anything! If my best friend, brother, or anyone else came at me and most other people, that have a pair, with the intent to kill me me or a pregnant woman, we would shoot them as well! It is a bad thing all around but the blame lies on the late suspect! Unfortunately the kids have to suffer for his stupid decisions that day, but it's better than three other lives being lost.... Counting the viable fetus that was there as well! So to be Plain Spoken.... Sit back calm down, stfu and stop being a forking bleeding heart liberal that think the criminals should more rights than the law or law abiding citizens!
plain spoken

United States

#247 Aug 27, 2012
LMAO... THE "PREGNANT WOMAN" WASN'T CAME AFTER...What a dumba#*...and neither was the officer...better get ya facts straight before ya start runnin ya trap~
plain spoken

United States

#248 Aug 27, 2012
Greatful wrote:
<quoted text>
Your very correct, he did not shoot to wound.... He shot to stop the threat! And how close someone is to the suspect has nothing to do with anything! If my best friend, brother, or anyone else came at me and most other people, that have a pair, with the intent to kill me me or a pregnant woman, we would shoot them as well! It is a bad thing all around but the blame lies on the late suspect! Unfortunately the kids have to suffer for his stupid decisions that day, but it's better than three other lives being lost.... Counting the viable fetus that was there as well! So to be Plain Spoken.... Sit back calm down, stfu and stop being a forking bleeding heart liberal that think the criminals should more rights than the law or law abiding citizens!
question more the activities of the "pregnant" apt manager that the public just don't know...but it will all come to light...u can bet on it!....and who the hell are youuu to tell me to calm down... this is a public forum and I won't stfu and I wish I knew who u were cause I would tell ya so myself! Mr Strange wasn't a criminal but the junkies in that apt complex are!!!
plain spoken

United States

#249 Aug 27, 2012
Greatful wrote:
<quoted text>
and P.S. shouldn't your name be "grateful" uneducated idiot~
Plain spoken

Eureka, MO

#250 Sep 23, 2012
Greatful wrote:
<quoted text>
let's count the "viable fetus"..... was anyone thinking about Mr Strange's son... who the apt manager KNEW HE WAS THERE.....SMDH AT THE IGNORANCE!
bill jill

Springfield, TN

#251 Jan 3, 2013
Yamo Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!!!
That's a hell of a thing to say to someone you don't even know and by the way I didn't know that berry had that many family members that could comment surprise surprise .But none of you where there at the shooting just like I wasn't there so I don't make judgement or comments about something I didn't witness or have sound proof of but each one on here I believe have taken MR.BERRY'S side as the gospel you only know what you have been told by police and all this stuff about him being a good caring man what about the deceased his family spoken about his faults and the good things but you people act as if mr.berry is a saint say what you want say what you will mr.berry broke gods commandment because he killed.no way around that let god judge him.
bill jill

Springfield, TN

#252 Jan 3, 2013
plain spoken wrote:
If the city had been more prepared a life would have been saved.....and 2 children would still have a father... Keep in mind Mr Strange was someone's son.... father...brother...nephew... grandson... friend. Hopefully now that the ill equipped city of Springfield finally has Tasers less brutal force will be used.... Unless those are abused~
they got them and they abused them a Spanish man who was beaten by a city cop and had a jury to find him not guilty of everything the cop had him charged with has filed a damage suit in court.I believe the police dept.only had them for a couple of months so now they go from shooting people to tasing them for nothing.and in this case it was for no reason the jury said the cop was aggressive from the time he got out of the car.now we the tax payers will pay more because the premium will go up after the case goes to court.question is who will be next me,you a family member just have to wait and see.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#253 Jan 26, 2013
To all the people attempting to make their position against Officer Berry's actions with the Bible.......

No.

That quote "...Thou Shalt Not Kill..." is taken from King James version of the 10 commandments part of the Law from the OT. The word which is translated "kill" really means "to kill for no reason". Today we would use the word "murder". Actually if you look that verse up in a modern translation- it will say murder.

The Hebrew translation "Thou shalt not MURDER".

The NIV has it in Duet. 5:17- "you shall not murder".

SELF DEFENSE is biblically permitted.
fact is

Clarksville, TN

#255 Jan 27, 2013
meme wrote:
did you really have to shot to kill,in the bible it says thou should not kill!!!!!!!!!!
What's the bible say about obeying the law...duh!!!
plain spoken

Madison, TN

#256 Feb 1, 2013
The officer was trigger happy... as I've said this officer took a childs father and to my understanding. .. Mr Strange never attacked him... way I see it murder could be said
plain spoken

Madison, TN

#257 Feb 1, 2013
Regardless of the bible and its quotess.... GOD does know what happened that day. .. and ALL will be judged accordingly.. sometimes all you have to do us just sit back and let God do the work even when its cleaning up a sloppy mess... Police are paid to protect and serve. .. imo Jason Strange wasn't protected that day. .. smh
spt

United States

#258 May 4, 2013
Murder was bring the answer in this case. POINT BLANK PERIOD.
spt

United States

#259 May 4, 2013
]Murder was NOT the answer in this case. POINT BLANK PERIOd
plain spoken

United States

#260 May 7, 2013
And you are who to say this...spt?
plain spoken

United States

#261 May 7, 2013
Murder was not the "answer" but that's what happened
Curious

Nashville, TN

#263 May 17, 2013
Just curious why no one puts their real names on here??
plain spoken

Madison, TN

#264 May 29, 2013
Curious wrote:
Just curious why no one puts their real names on here??
I was wondering the same thing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... 36 min zeb 3
Coroner's inquest clears Darby marshal in fatal... (Jul '06) 4 hr sweetleaf 5
Rockwall justice of peace convicted in capital ... 4 hr Watching 2
Pittsfield man indicted on murder charge in fat... 7 hr DCF are Monsters 1
Garvin Guilty Of Triple Murder (Jan '11) 10 hr Kettle 20
Gang related shooting leaves West Valinda man dead (Jul '09) 23 hr Killamunati 257
Is a Fake Cop Murdering Miss. Motorists? (May '12) Thu Charles 2
More from around the web