Springfield Police identify man kille...

Springfield Police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting

There are 264 comments on the The Tennessean story from Apr 5, 2012, titled Springfield Police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

The man killed in an officer-involved shooting Thursday in Springfield has been identified as Jason Strange, 38, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

f the good ol boys

United States

#223 Apr 20, 2012
Questioning wrote:
I guess all criminals are really innocent. Just misunderstood. Give them govt. money and send them home.
For the most part, in Robertson county, the real criminals run the town. I'm not talking elected officials other than city aldermen, county commissioners, and of course the crooked sheriff. You are able of finding your local oppressors filling the churches, and golf course.
Daughter of Jason Strange

United States

#224 Apr 21, 2012
My daddy wasnt a criminal. &to those that keep asking where were the people who loved them, for one not that its ANY of your business but of course people have jobs &other things to tend to.. On any other day my daddy didnt need to be babysat . If you would take the time out to read other comments &stop forming opinions from nothing but what you THINK you know then you would slightly have an idea that he wasnt himself, yet you still wouldnt fully understand or KNOW bc YOU DIDNT KNOW HIM. FOR EVERYONE THAT CONTINUES TO SPEAK ON MY FATHER IN A DISRESPECTFUL WAY, I PRAY FOR MERCY ON YOU WHEN YOU HAVE TO ANSWER GOD ON BEHALF OF YOUR "JUDGEMENT". I truly wonder how any of you would feel if it were your parent or even just a loved one. Something to think about when you close your eyes at night.
plain spoken

Kansas City, MO

#225 Apr 24, 2012
Questioning wrote:
Where were all these caring people when this guy was threatening others with a knife? It's easy to blame the cops. There should be no cops in this county. Let these people protect themselves. Lose 911.
I am hoping u aren't just throwing this BS out there.... I guess u were there.... The blame is wherever it needs to lie... Who knows??... But the funny thing about what your saying is~ Mr Strange DIDN'T HURT ANYONE WITH A KNIFE THAT DAY!!! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT OR STFU~
plain spoken

Kansas City, MO

#226 Apr 24, 2012
Daughter of Jason Strange wrote:
My daddy wasnt a criminal. &to those that keep asking where were the people who loved them, for one not that its ANY of your business but of course people have jobs &other things to tend to.. On any other day my daddy didnt need to be babysat . If you would take the time out to read other comments &stop forming opinions from nothing but what you THINK you know then you would slightly have an idea that he wasnt himself, yet you still wouldnt fully understand or KNOW bc YOU DIDNT KNOW HIM. FOR EVERYONE THAT CONTINUES TO SPEAK ON MY FATHER IN A DISRESPECTFUL WAY, I PRAY FOR MERCY ON YOU WHEN YOU HAVE TO ANSWER GOD ON BEHALF OF YOUR "JUDGEMENT". I truly wonder how any of you would feel if it were your parent or even just a loved one. Something to think about when you close your eyes at night.
May your daddy RIP and let's pray that these people with harsh posts never ever get down... have problems....get prescribed wrong meds.... live around drug addicts...thieves...and worst of all stone casters....a lot of times they live in glass houses
COnfused

United States

#227 Apr 25, 2012
"Mr Strange didn't hurt anyone...."
Did you ever think to consider that the reason that he didn't may have been due to an officer's intervention? Unless you were in his head, it is doubtful that you knew his intentions. Who summoned the police? Since this guy was obviously no threat to anyone, why were the police called? Refrain from calling them in situations in the future. Since some of you already know what WILL happen, then deal with it. No officer should risk him or herself. With that stated, I'll wager that many will whine if a responding officer doesn't get there quick enough to stop a lunatic or mentally deranged individual. Especially if the victim turns out to be someone that you care about. You don't get it both ways.
COnfused

United States

#228 Apr 25, 2012
Wake up people. It is an unfortunate part of life that "good" people sometimes do "bad" things. It is regretful, but real.
plain spoken

United States

#229 Apr 25, 2012
COnfused wrote:
Wake up people. It is an unfortunate part of life that "good" people sometimes do "bad" things. It is regretful, but real.
No you need to WAKE UP.... THE SYSTEM FAILED IN THIS SITUATION IF ONLY THE WHOLE STORY COULD BE TOLD MAYBE MR STRANGE COULD HAVE BEEN "PROTECTED" AND HIS CHILDREN STILL HAVE THEIR FATHER..... PUT THAT IN YOUR EQUATIONS!
plain spoken

United States

#230 Apr 25, 2012
COnfused wrote:
Did you ever think to consider that the reason that he didn't may have been due to an officer's intervention? Unless you were in his head, it is doubtful that you knew his intentions. Who summoned the police? Since this guy was obviously no threat to anyone, why were the police called? Refrain from calling them in situations in the future. Since some of you already know what WILL happen, then deal with it. No officer should risk him or herself. With that stated, I'll wager that many will whine if a responding officer doesn't get there quick enough to stop a lunatic or mentally deranged individual. Especially if the victim turns out to be someone that you care about. You don't get it both ways.
and maybe just maybe some guilty people with dirt on their hands called the police..... wow let's just assume everything and act like we know it all.... smh ....
COnfused

United States

#231 Apr 25, 2012
plain spoken wrote:
<quoted text>No you need to WAKE UP.... THE SYSTEM FAILED IN THIS SITUATION IF ONLY THE WHOLE STORY COULD BE TOLD MAYBE MR STRANGE COULD HAVE BEEN "PROTECTED" AND HIS CHILDREN STILL HAVE THEIR FATHER..... PUT THAT IN YOUR EQUATIONS!
All of this is part of "my equations". I work these numbers every night. I see the beautiful and the kind, the deranged and the ugly. I hear the excuses, the explanations, the blames, and the reasonings. Unfortunately, I also see the aftermath. I'm not blind to reality. I don't know exactly how the "system" failed this man, but the "system" alone isn't responsible. Good people do bad things every minute and some of us see way too much of it. Believe what you will, but walk the walk first.
COnfused

United States

#232 Apr 25, 2012
Let's all pretend 'NIMBY'. It does make things easier to swallow, until we learn the truth.
COnfused

United States

#233 Apr 25, 2012
I do feel sympathy for the children, family, and friends of the gentleman that was lost. The pain is real and it does hurt most anyone with a conscience and an appreciation for life and family. This isn't the way for a life to end or for the survivor's lives to carry on. Unfortunately, it happens. Far too often.
s main playa

Charlotte, NC

#234 Apr 25, 2012
Another racist trigger happy redneck cop. Hope you sleep well at night.
COnfused

United States

#235 Apr 26, 2012
s main playa wrote:
Another racist trigger happy redneck cop. Hope you sleep well at night.
Yep, I sleep well, thanks. Doing my part to protect my community, my family, and my friends from predators and scumbags. You know who I'm referring to don't you? What exactly are you contributing?
Concerned

Portland, TN

#236 Jun 12, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I understand that the police were called previously about Mr. Strange on another occasion.
If those officers had done thier job just maybe Strange would be alive today. He should have been taken to the hospital.
jo jo the monkey boy

Greenbrier, TN

#237 Jun 13, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
If those officers had done thier job just maybe Strange would be alive today. He should have been taken to the hospital.
Sorry, but thanks to some liberal lawyers and courts, they can't just take people off the streets. No mater HOW crazy they act.
JO JO THE SPUNKY BOY

Gallatin, TN

#238 Jun 20, 2012
One less crazed drug addict piece of shit for the police to deal with. Outstanding job Officer Berry.
plain spoken

United States

#239 Jul 3, 2012
I hardly think Mr Strange was a crazed drug addict.... ask his 11 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter what they thought of him.... and you will hear nothing but good things about him~ In that respect its absurd that you are thanking a police officer for taking the life that others held dear.... SMH.... I'm praying everyday that the citizens of our country get the help they need and aren't turned away due to social status....financial status and your status quo in the community.... WE ARE ALL GOD'S CHILDREN!!!!
plain spoken

United States

#240 Jul 3, 2012
COnfused wrote:
LOL I guess..... Many times the officers don't get there period!!!! Here is something for you to chew on..... Why weren't there Tasers??? "Could have saved Stranges life".... Was the area safe for this officer to shoot or could a child have been in the way..... Was there more people that seen this or was it just the officer and the "aggressor" If ya wanna call Mr Strange that... Funny thing he had a knife and just how big was Mr Strange... He must have been. Big man hunhhhh LMAO.... U people don't know JACK
plain spoken

United States

#241 Jul 3, 2012
CSYH wrote:
As a family member of office personal of the apartments, Officer Berry was doing his job to save the lives of others specially my cousin and her unborn child. I also know what it is like to loose your parents, however to the daughter and son, if you knew your father was sick and could hurt someone why didnt you step up to the plate and get him help before something like this happened. You want to blame someone for his death then you should look in the mirror because you knew he was dangerous to himself and others. Sorry for your loss but lets face it, more was at risk.
funny about that pest infested....drug infested piece of s*&% apt. Complex.... The cops need to do something about the REAL SCUM THAT LIVES THERE....WHY DID MR STRANGE HAVE WORDS WITH THE NEIGHBOR... MAYBE THE OFFICE "PERSONNEL" COULD TELL US THAT....SMDH
Common Sense

Sandy, TX

#242 Jul 17, 2012
When a cop tells you to drop something, DROP IT. Otherwise be ready to suffer the consequences. In this case, it was death. Probably just as well, one more idiot I don't have to support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 12 min Danny Carranza 40
News No federal prosecution of officer, no strong re... 1 hr Celebrate 7
News Arrest announced in 2016 shooting of two-year-old 18 hr lol 1
News Bridgeport man found guilty of manslaughter in ... Sun America Gentleman... 2
News Police briefs: Beaten body found on Old Stage Road (Dec '09) Sun Oreo 16
News Aspers teen denied bail in stabbing case (Oct '06) May 26 robin watson 23
News Sharpton & Jackson To Visit West Memphis (Jul '07) May 26 little gurl 2
More from around the web