2 men arrested in rape, killing of woman

Authorities have arrested two men they say kidnapped and raped a 45-year-old woman Dec. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BLAHBLAHBLAH

United States

#64 Feb 25, 2008
TO SHANE SPENCER,
YOU HAVE OUR DEEPEST PRAYERS . THANK GOD FOR THE JUSTICE SYSTEM FOR IT DIDN'T FAIL US. TIME WILL BE SERVED..........
BLAHBLAHBLAH

United States

#65 Feb 26, 2008
JIG,
THE SYSTEM FIGURED IT OUT AND NOW EVERYONE CAN PRAY THEY DONT EVER GET OUT.
Heart Broken

Punta Gorda, FL

#66 Mar 23, 2009
There's alot that don't make sence in this hole thing going on. I've been watching this topix since it started. It's weird, I know some of you are Duane's Family. You are all fighting about who he is and what he has done. I'm sitting here heart broken over the pain I'm going through and you are all fighting over who or what Duane is. While I have to deal with years of hurt in my heart. Exactly what are you all trying to say? If there where problems in the past with this man then why did it have to come to this before someone helped him or stepped up to the plate? This don't make much sence to me.
Heart Broken

Punta Gorda, FL

#67 Apr 4, 2009
Wow, If you all are still in the post and watching it as I have, you just can't reply.
I do feel that this question still needs to be answered. If Duane had problems and you all knew it then WHY DID IT GO THIS FAR. FAMILY SHOULD HAVE HELPED. Read through the post again. What do you see. Alot of people saying things but not doing or not have done anything. WHY!!!!!!!!!
Heart Broken

Punta Gorda, FL

#68 Sep 15, 2009
I'm going to get this topix started again. too many unanswered questions. I can't believe it had to come to this. I'm going to keep on investing all these rumors and accusations that I see in this topix that started when all of this started. And believe me I will. God knows who needs to be held accountable, and as I search for all the ansewers to these questions I know God will be with me !!!!!!!!!!
Earl the plumber

Indianapolis, IN

#69 Oct 15, 2009
Duane's always been in trouble; heck at one time he was messing around with his brother's wife! The man lacks morals that's for sure. And furthermore, to bind someone's hands and feet, then throw into the water is downright cruel! My question is why did he only get 2nd degree murder charges?? So you're telling me with good behavior he can still get out and enjoy his sunset years? The truly pathetic thing is if the other feller hadn't come forward to his mother then Duane would still be walking around a free man! Put that in your pipes and smoke it!
Heart Broken

Punta Gorda, FL

#70 Oct 20, 2009
Earl, As far as that feller Joey, Yes he did go to his mom but he went in with some help of a fellow police officer friend and told the story of what happend. Of course the friend was not allowed to be a part of what Joe had to say. Of course his mom told him what the correct thing was to do but he did it on his own. He didn't think he had anything to fear, He said that he didn't do anything and that it was the truth. I believe him and if it wasn't for this kid going forward than who know's what would have happend. You are correct on this one. But God will show the TRUTH and then everyone will know. God bless.
Jane Doe

United States

#71 Oct 9, 2010
You folks praying for these two rapist murdering men are crazy. Sounds like all of you here are from Christian Taliban land who wants to bless all men and curse all women. Wow you are all crazy. If God forgives these men I do not need to be with him nor you crazy folks. This is what is wrong with America right now too many right wing lunatics praying for rapist and Bush.
Raff

Port Charlotte, FL

#72 Oct 10, 2010
Jane Doe wrote:
You folks praying for these two rapist murdering men are crazy. Sounds like all of you here are from Christian Taliban land who wants to bless all men and curse all women. Wow you are all crazy. If God forgives these men I do not need to be with him nor you crazy folks. This is what is wrong with America right now too many right wing lunatics praying for rapist and Bush.
I agree %100
Kaydee

Denton, TX

#73 Oct 26, 2010
I am a family member of the young man who came forward and confessed. It broke my heart hearing the news he had committed such a heinous act. I grew up with him. We were very close. I never believed he would have been capable of such a crime. To the family members of the woman who lost her life, I am sorry for your loss. To those who insist on judging the individuals involved, what right do you have? I am a woman, and a victim of rape and violent crimes. If I can find it in my heart to forgive those who hurt me, and forgive my family member for his crime, why can't you? Stop with the hostile judgments and uneducated rants. You know nothing of this young man except what is read in the media. Ask yourself what kind of upbringing did he have? What kind of fatherly support did he have? What must he have been feeling or thinking to catalyze him to come forward? What does any of this have to do with politics, former presidents, America, or even God? We are all simply products of our social institutions. Look to your own family and your own heart. Would you want your children to say the things you are saying? What are any of the negative responses doing but harming the family's of those involved?
heartbroken

Punta Gorda, FL

#76 Jan 9, 2011
Kaydee wrote:
I am a family member of the young man who came forward and confessed. It broke my heart hearing the news he had committed such a heinous act. I grew up with him. We were very close. I never believed he would have been capable of such a crime. To the family members of the woman who lost her life, I am sorry for your loss. To those who insist on judging the individuals involved, what right do you have? I am a woman, and a victim of rape and violent crimes. If I can find it in my heart to forgive those who hurt me, and forgive my family member for his crime, why can't you? Stop with the hostile judgments and uneducated rants. You know nothing of this young man except what is read in the media. Ask yourself what kind of upbringing did he have? What kind of fatherly support did he have? What must he have been feeling or thinking to catalyze him to come forward? What does any of this have to do with politics, former presidents, America, or even God? We are all simply products of our social institutions. Look to your own family and your own heart. Would you want your children to say the things you are saying? What are any of the negative responses doing but harming the family's of those involved?
I just want you to know that Joey is only gilty of not comming forward soon enough. Joey was told that if he told anyone he Would be killed . I am done withi everyone talking about my kid. The Day that Duane took the plea bargan he told the Judge that Joey had nothing to do with it . the only reason that Joey is still there is because Joey took a Plea Bargin before Duane. Joey also Lost his Public Defender 2 weeks before trial because some how some way the states attorney found a way to get Joeys attorney kick out for conflict of intrest. Because some Jail house want to be snitch.
heartbroken

Punta Gorda, FL

#77 Jan 9, 2011
Jane Doe wrote:
Oh, I guess God himself sent you down here to set everyone streaght. Jane Doe. I guess you don't have any balls to say your real name. You are not God Nor anything we want to here . Only God decides. so, Who the hell do you think you are.
mike h

Glendale, CA

#78 Jan 16, 2011
SNARK wrote:
Lisa M. Ardine met Joseph Lee Zavadil and Duane Lee Sparks at the Punta Gorda RV Park in mid-December 2006. She was walking; they were in a Chevy Astro van. She and Sparks started talking. He let her borrow his cell phone. She asked for money and beer; he offered to buy. They all went to a liquor store, bought a fifth of brandy, and went to Sparks' home to drink.
ASK YOUR STINKING COUSIN TO EXPLAIN WHY.
Ardine's encounter with Zavadil and Sparks ended with her lying dead beneath a northbound Interstate 75 bridge in Sarasota County, her hands and feet bound with duct tape, another silver strip sealing her mouth. A month passed before two bridge workers found her decomposed body floating in 18 inches of water.
So they took her p---Sy. Big deal. They shouldnt have killed her, though.
Raff

Port Charlotte, FL

#79 Jan 17, 2011
mike h wrote:
<quoted text>So they took her p---Sy. Big deal. They shouldnt have killed her, though.
How many years did it take for you to get this DUMB. You are a sick-o
Heartbroken

Punta Gorda, FL

#80 Jan 26, 2011
mike h wrote:
<quoted text>So they took her p---Sy. Big deal. They shouldnt have killed her, though.
Wow, It seems like you are messed up in the head. YOU NEED TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU POST. IT SEEMS AS IF YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR THOUGHTS.
Family Friend

Fishers, IN

#81 Apr 25, 2013
concerned frnd wrote:
I am the first and original "concerned frnd". I am not a brother since I am a female. I am a concerned frnd who lives in TN, knows the family, as do several people of the family whom we speak. Amazingly, the way things work in life, you work, live, have friends you grow to care about and go to church and Pray. I don't get on here and preach. I get on here to see what is going on. I have posted two or three times on here and to whom ever has tapped into my name, I hope you enjoy being me for a short time and you are very good since I cannot find you. Since you are being me maybe you should start paying part of my internet bill.
It's really sad that you all have nothing better to do than to keep this crap going. Let it alone for awhile. If you, JIG are so worried about family members do your part and quit worring about people in here so much. Be positive for everyone involved, family, kids, and the accused. They need support too. The key word being, "accused". I have come to love everyone in this family that we speak of, not one of them deserves the name throwing or the Bible tossing. They need prayers and words of wisdom too. How close would your family be if all they were to do was read hateful, negative things all the time. You all need to think about how your family would be. Unless you are full of saints in your family, you aren't any different. I hope you can find peace with yourself or at least find something other to do than to come in here and give your two "cruel" cents worth. Not one person has asked for it. For that matter mine either.
I am a family friend and I can tell you that Duane's family was absolutely devastated when this happened. They are good people and prayed for answers. It had not been easy for them either. They do believe what has happened was definitely wrong, and against everything they believe in. They do feel pain in their hearts for all the family members involved.
Update Needed

Indianapolis, IN

#82 Jul 25, 2013
What's the latest on this, how many years is Duane Lee Sparks in fer, wens he elababel for pahroll?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 43 min White Elephant 3,020
FBI turns animal cruelty into top-tier felony e... 1 hr Justin 6
The jury in Michael Dunn's "loud music" murder ... (Feb '14) 2 hr RuffnReddy 3
Ky. has counties added to federal drug program 11 hr Delbert 5
Wasilla police release name of officer in shooting 11 hr Wasilla 1
Despite clarion call, youth violence continues ... 12 hr Fayatteille 1
Coroner identifies Allentown shooting victim 14 hr silly rabbit 8

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE