Man arrested for fatal shooting in SB...

Man arrested for fatal shooting in SB park

There are 319 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Sep 21, 2009, titled Man arrested for fatal shooting in SB park. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

San Bernardino police have arrested a man for Saturday's fatal shooting at a car show held in a city park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Hamburglar

Montgomery, AL

#1 Sep 21, 2009
Great, now we have idiots carrying guns at the Route 66 party. What is the purpose? More idiots breeding in this bilge of a city. Guess I'll just get my CCW and protect myself from all the pukes and have a reason to visit, yeah right! May all SB citizens dies from being shot!
Ainnothang

San Bernardino, CA

#2 Sep 21, 2009
This had nothing to do with Route 66. It was a separate, unrelated event.
crazy world

Claremont, CA

#3 Sep 21, 2009
idiots everywhere... so what is the reason...disrespect? mad dogging him? checking out his girl? dissed him? does everything always have to end up in a fight, stabbing, or shot? i guest that is how it is now... every reaction has to be violence. just can't walk away?
Ricky V

Yucaipa, CA

#4 Sep 21, 2009
Elvis has left the community!
MELISSA MARIE ORTEGA

Honolulu, HI

#5 Sep 21, 2009
That was my uncle, this horrible 23 yr old who calls himself a man. What you can’t fight with the hands god gave you? You killed a wonderful man, a working man, a wonderful father and husband who has many he left behind who will fight till the end for what you did. How could you do this to our family. He did nothing to you but speak his mind. How can you look yourself in a mirror. You killed my uncle and may god judge you now. You should the faces of his daughter and wife. San Bernardino wake up and smell the cruel air. Rest in peace Shaun M. Wooten (Wookie). Aloha from Hawaii, Melissa Ortega, Faith and Adrian Baca
MELISSA MARIE ORTEGA

Honolulu, HI

#6 Sep 21, 2009
This man was a man of honor and pride. The protector in his family and the one who can take anyone on. How dare the anyone and the paper show that Shaun (wookie) is a nobody to San Bernardino, He more then a handful of the people who are born and raised here. Show some damn respect and for the man, Elvis Wyatt, how dare you make my Tia Jessica and his daughter suffer because of your stupidity. You owe these two beautiful women your whole life, to take someone away from them that committed no crime to you. Shaun will always be remembered of the man who can, did, and will. The man who took care of his family, was nota gangster and was not jsut another mruder victim of San Bernardino. May god and Shaun guide us forever! Love your family Aguilars, Ortega's, Wooten's, Baca's adn many, many , many more.
MELISSA MARIE ORTEGA

Honolulu, HI

#7 Sep 21, 2009
You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger then you faith. Faith makes all things possible, love makes all things easy. Rest in peace Tio Shaun, we are here with you and We all promise to take care of Jessica and Vanessa forever. Please just listen to them when they need you. I wish this upon no one. Elvis shame on you, shame on you. I hope you never get out or get the death penalty. I hope this wasn't because he Shaun was Black/Mexican man and you are the White Security Guard. How dare you!!! Evil man. The devil is with you and Shaun is with our Lord and Saviour. May you rot and suffer as his daughter and wife will but worse!
WTH

Monterey Park, CA

#8 Sep 21, 2009
This is sad to hear after having great days of checking out all the badass cars and all the great food.Not good vibes for the city,although the prescence of law enforcement was everywhere you looked. Someone needs to check out Mr organizer of the event and find out why his son was carrying a gun.
ELVIS IS MY GOOD NEIGHBOR

La Puente, CA

#9 Sep 21, 2009
SOME TIMES YOU GOTTA TAKE CARE OF BIZZ THAT WAY...
GUNS ARE THE KEY TO PEACE THATS WHY POLICE USE THEM..
FUNNY HOW IT JUST HAD TO BE THE OWNERS SON...
SO PEOPLE GET A GUN IF U DONT ALREADY GOT ONE..
I GOT MY 12 GAUGE..
Lisa Ortega

San Bernardino, CA

#10 Sep 21, 2009
This Tragedy took place at the event (Bo huff Rockabilly.) Sponsored and security provided by the Wyatt Family. My bothers where being entertained by them (Wyatt's) all afternoon.There was no fight at all It was one minute they where walking to there car by Mr Wyatt himself engaged in friendly conversation with him. It was My 2 brothers inlaws and a family friend. As they where walking out one minute His son Elvis Wyatt pulled out his gun and shot my brother 3-5 times. He died at the scene in the parking lot. He was murdered! There is no words that can justify this action. He is a Cold Blooded Satanic Murderer. Wrongful death! As my sister and her children watched from there car they saw their uncle murdered ,and also their father (Brother of the murdered man) Handcuffed and put in police car. My sister and her 10 year old daughter where held at the police station while the murderer Elvis Wyatt fled to Pomona. All the while my brotherinlaw laid dying. Can someone tell me why we got treated this way.
MELISSA MARIE ORTEGA

Honolulu, HI

#11 Sep 21, 2009
You are right WTH from Rancho! The so-called owner of the Damn event, has his 23 yr old son carrying a gun and shooting because a bickering argument. Shame on the whole family, your son committed the worst sin any man could ever do. how dare you put this on my family. I'm in shock Shaun didn't hit you a good one, but obviously you were scared, so scared you took it upon youself to kill a man with your own weapon, not even your own hands, you looser! There goes to show that anyone is capable of anything, so my folks from the Inland Empire please treasure the moments with your family, smile everyday with them, tell those you cherish you love them, and don't let a simple thing hurt your family. God Bless! Melissa (Missa Marie Ortega)
MELISSA MARIE ORTEGA

Honolulu, HI

#12 Sep 21, 2009
Jow dare you right soemthing like that you looser! Fight with your hands punk! Your good friend killed an inocent man, shame on you as well for cheering this dreadful thing on. Show soem respect, as wellt he devil sito n yoru shoulder!
ELVIS IS MY GOOD NEIGHBOR wrote:
I GOT MY 12 GAUGE..
sas

San Bernardino, CA

#13 Sep 21, 2009
wrongful death!!!! I guess O.J. isn't the only one that has to sell off his valuables. Just because your family name is Wyatt does not make you a law man!!!!
MELISSA MARIE ORTEGA

Honolulu, HI

#14 Sep 21, 2009
To have my cousin who is 1o years old watch her uncle die from a man who fled the scene like if it was nothing. To have his siter-inlaw keep him live with last dying breath, not see for th last time his child and wife who wait for him at home. You lock my aunt and cousin up for when they were trying to keep my uncle alive. You tell me is that is the way of life for someone of the law to carry a gun and shoot someoen whenever they like. The Wyatt Family has no sympathy to hear and see a brother, sister, niece, friend see they brother, uncle and friend die while they are pinned and beating up too then locked up for it. May god judge you all!
ie girl

San Diego, CA

#15 Sep 21, 2009
what a sad, sad thing to happen...
R.I.P . Shaun... our prayers are with you and your loved ones
Jonathan S

San Bernardino, CA

#16 Sep 21, 2009
The fallen man was unarmed, and the assailant was apparently 'intoxicated" but of enough mind to remove himself from the scene and change his clothing whilst the only thing Mr. Wootan has left was his elementary aged daughter without a father.

Proper justice against such a cold blooded killer needs to be served (not street justice, but the highest that the our republic is able to levy against Wyatt)

I know that justice is blind, but this time, I hope she is blinded by rage.
Jonathan S

San Bernardino, CA

#17 Sep 21, 2009
ELVIS IS MY GOOD NEIGHBOR wrote:
I GOT MY 12 GAUGE..
I've no problem with Guns, I am vying for a CCW myself and earnestly believe that the citizenry should be armed, but just like cars, guns and alcohol do not mix at all.

Rights and privileges come with consequences and responsibilities, some more so than others, Wyatt needs to see the ends to his actions.

My question is, what right did he feel he possessed to mortally wound an unarmed fellow citizen?
MELISSA MARIE ORTEGA

Honolulu, HI

#18 Sep 21, 2009
Thank you all for your support, but It's really hard for the girlfriend and Shaun Wooten who is left behind with his only child Vanessa Wooten, and for the tragedy of his brother, sister, and 10 yr old niece to see his last breath while his friend was brutally beaten by the Wyatts and friends. please pray for Jessica Ann Aguilar, who needs more then a hug to lift her spirits. Thank you all again for you thoughts, prayers, and support and to those who befriend Mr. Wyatt and call him a good friend, good people dont get drunk and kill a innocent father and lover who took care of his family everyday.
Alicia soccer starrrrrrr

San Diego, CA

#19 Sep 21, 2009
This is wrong for the Wyatt"s to think thay could take away my cuz and tia's man and that it wouldnt mader. Not only did they hurt my Tia and my little cuz. it also hurt all of my family. It really hurt when the dotor said "we did everything we could but he didnt make it" that is the worst.

I love all of my fmaily,
tia you and my cuz will make it through my mom and my other tias will do the best we can and help you.

Ps. My 10 year old cuz you are a tough girl and you are such a pretty one too. rember i love you soo much.
BoRiCoSo

United States

#20 Sep 21, 2009
Sorry that Shuan is gone and prayers go to the family.. but All of that could have been Avoided if he was able to handle his alchol.and jus left like he was told to 100 times.. no but he insited to still be hostile over some bullshit!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walker knocks Clinton for her Milwaukee shootin... 10 hr storm warning 316
News Two Charged In Home Invasion Robbery and Rape (Aug '10) 15 hr little sista 170
News While Milwaukee Burns, Obama Plays Golf 17 hr Jerksen 1
News a I want them in jail:a 8-year-old wounded in s... 18 hr grounded in reality 1
News How did Amber Woods die? (Mar '08) Wed Her cousin Diana 17
News 2 teens arrested in Calle Parque homicide Wed Sad sad 1
News Is White Lives Matter a movement or white supre... Tue Paddy O-Malley 1
More from around the web