Missouri woman accused of killing husband

Oct 2, 2013 Full story: KMOV-TV Saint Louis 29

An eastern Missouri woman is facing first-degree murder charges in the death of her husband, a case originally reported as a suicide.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unsettled

Park Hills, MO

#1 Oct 9, 2013
Cheryl Long goes to court again tomorrow. What will
be determined ? This is a terrible tragedy to have happened. I feel deeply for Alan's family
curious

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Oct 9, 2013
Just cant imagine cheryl doing this. If she did then Im sure someone else helped her. She was sweet, church going and loved him. Seems very fishy
unsettled

Park Hills, MO

#3 Oct 10, 2013
curious wrote:
Just cant imagine cheryl doing this. If she did then Im sure someone else helped her. She was sweet, church going and loved him. Seems very fishy
Yes, i agree with you, there is more to the story than what the town has heard. Hopefully it will all be sorted out in court. I knew both of them and I just can't see Cheryl doing this either.
wow

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Oct 10, 2013
unsettled wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, i agree with you, there is more to the story than what the town has heard. Hopefully it will all be sorted out in court. I knew both of them and I just can't see Cheryl doing this either.
glad im not the only one who feels this way
hmmm

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Oct 11, 2013
But he wont get caught if shes taken the sentence for him...
by stander

United States

#7 Oct 11, 2013
unsettled wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, i agree with you, there is more to the story than what the town has heard. Hopefully it will all be sorted out in court. I knew both of them and I just can't see Cheryl doing this either.

Didn't she go back to court yesterday? I wonder what she got out of it!
confused

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Oct 11, 2013
She is available for bond now. Why hasn't the son been questioned more? Cheryl couldn't of done this and if she did she didn't do it alone. Hope investigation doesn't stop. Her own son did not go to court yesterday. Seems very odd to not support his mother.
Blue

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2013
Hey you idiots, have you ever heard of a gunshot residue test? That's what they do when a crime is committed with a firearm. I'm sure that her hands were tested and came back positive, ummm that may be why she is in jail, you people are a bunch of stupid inbred idiots.
Land Man

United States

#10 Oct 12, 2013
Bail set at 1 million CASH ONLY
4 real

Hernando, MS

#11 Oct 12, 2013
Blue wrote:
Hey you idiots, have you ever heard of a gunshot residue test? That's what they do when a crime is committed with a firearm. I'm sure that her hands were tested and came back positive, ummm that may be why she is in jail, you people are a bunch of stupid inbred idiots.
are u serious they cant even do fingerprints here lol house was robbed they had good set of prints and they screwed that up so I am so sure they got gunpowerd residue off of her u are funny
Mww

Semora, NC

#12 Oct 12, 2013
Blue u are stupid. Our police force cant handle a forged check. And u think they can handle a murder. Ur the idiot.
funny

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Oct 12, 2013
Was the son checked for residue also? Why be questioned for hours then when its time to question the son she admits she did it? Sounds fishy huh? Who has her vehicle? The son maybe? Who didnt go to the funeral? Her son? the truth will come out cause drunk people talk. And someone with 8 pages on case net shows he has a temper problem. 3 or 4 protection orders. 1 just day's before Alan was shot.. Alan was a good man and did not deserve this.
Family

United States

#14 Oct 13, 2013
You all do not know the facts. You are stating things that are not true. You weren't with any of us as this case progressed and do not know what has been done or said. Just because your vengeful mind lets you believe that you are right, you are not. We have lost not just one but two family members. We are all trying to deal with this. Please mind your own business or remember everyone in your prayers.
facts

Poplar Bluff, MO

#15 Oct 13, 2013
Family wrote:
You all do not know the facts. You are stating things that are not true. You weren't with any of us as this case progressed and do not know what has been done or said. Just because your vengeful mind lets you believe that you are right, you are not. We have lost not just one but two family members. We are all trying to deal with this. Please mind your own business or remember everyone in your prayers.
Please enlighten us on what was stated above that isnt true? All the above is true only left out version is who really did it. Plead guilty then not guilty? Gonna try to plead insanity? Its a Shame a good man died and his family has no answers on why!!!!
serious

Poplar Bluff, MO

#18 Oct 14, 2013
So if her and alan were both tested then who does that leave? Seems like a 3rd party was involved. Id bet I know who it was
serious

Poplar Bluff, MO

#20 Oct 14, 2013
Hope the truth comes out
Mww

Semora, NC

#21 Oct 15, 2013
Even if the cops get it right. What will the Prosecuter do? Drop it to disturbing the peace.
done

Poplar Bluff, MO

#22 Oct 17, 2013
Hope alans family gets to find out why this tragic incident happened
wow

Poplar Bluff, MO

#23 Oct 25, 2013
Now her nephew is in jail with her
name21

Fredericktown, MO

#24 Nov 15, 2013
son is in jail too on different charges

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 mothers share pain of losing sons 11 min Calvin Ralls 7
Murder trial gets underway in Blytheville 17 min Truth 3
LAPD to buy 7,000 body cameras 2 hr Dubya Tee Eff 12
Nas and Russell Simmons demand justice for... 3 hr crush white LIARS 5
Vigil for slain teen held in Paterson 10 hr candy 2
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting 10 hr john weaver 1
Rockwall justice of peace convicted in capital ... 17 hr suit 1