Aliens and evolution

Jun 19, 2012 Full story: Washington Times 6,103

DENTON, Texas, June 19, 2012 - Aliens are ingrained in our cultural psyche. They abound in books, movies, radio, and a thousand theories about the extra-terrestrial, little green men, UFO sightings, abductions, Area 51, and Roswell.

Full Story

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4341 Dec 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
Our job when we come here is to eviscerate fundies and have them face reality, something which most of us here think is a worthy cause. Plus it's fun.
I'm going to go deal with the religious fundies....enjoy!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4342 Dec 9, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to go deal with the religious fundies....enjoy!
In that case Shoob's back, abusing Big Bang cosmology, math and quantum physics again:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9J...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#4343 Dec 9, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're complaining that Nuggin won't admit to mistakes. While Skippy on the other hand has not admitted to a single mistake once at all ever, though he made many. And it's all recorded on this very thread, and been pointed out to him, you, and others, multiple times, often referencing the posts themselves and exactly where he went wrong.
But you give Skip a free pass?
Interesting.
Nope never as a fact skeptic doesn't get stuck on the post like nugget and I have, Hell no one ever got stuck on stupid like me and nugget do. Maybe we should just go ahead and shoot it out , at least that way it would be over and out Rodger dodger. Ca ca click

Location hidden

#4344 Dec 9, 2012
Nugget is persistent in his idea I can't slay his god. But like MacArthur I'm not stopping till I get a unconditional surrender and the mans admission
there is no divinity on the ropes , and survival
depends on that admission. Ask Saddam Ask Hitler,
Ask David Koresh. Ask me if I think It more about nailing them up than it is about their divine power.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#4345 Dec 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Punks like you say all manner of stupidity.
Not quite a come back, is it?

You see, I've just given you a complete summation of your past and future postings. You have nothing left to contribute.

You're entire argument is apparently: "Jesus is the only real god. That's how I know Pharaohs don't count."

Yawn.

I refuted that months ago.

Maybe if you try hitting random keys you'll accidentally create a new argument. 50/50 it's going to be better than the one you've been using.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#4346 Dec 9, 2012
Nuggin has a God?

Valley Village, CA

#4347 Dec 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to pretend sane people argue forever over the validity of Egyptian gods or something? Get out of town nuttbag.
Your apparent argument here is that because we've both been posting for months - you are therefore sane and I am insane.

I know that to you that sounds like a rational position. Just understand that it's not.

Valley Village, CA

#4348 Dec 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
Nugget is persistent in his idea I can't slay his god. But like MacArthur I'm not stopping till I get a unconditional surrender and the mans admission
there is no divinity on the ropes , and survival
depends on that admission. Ask Saddam Ask Hitler,
Ask David Koresh. Ask me if I think It more about nailing them up than it is about their divine power.
Aura, my position has not changed. Yours has.

I'll restate it AGAIN because apparently not a single page can go by without me having to remind you.

The dictionary has a specific definition for the word god.
That definition has certain criteria.
Pharaohs meet that criteria and therefore are gods.

You've CONCEDED that multiple times. Why would I surrender? I've beaten you over and over without changing a word of my argument.

Hell, THIS MORNING you conceded. Now you are claiming you'll fight to the death.

Give up. You lost.

Also, Godwin's Law. I win.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4349 Dec 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Barpretender get the little lady her drink, It's on me ...
And get me whiskey for my men and beer for the horses... And while you're at a cup of coffee.
\_/\_/(_)3 (_)3 c(_)
TY Mr. bar pretender.:)
...and popcorn.

Location hidden

#4350 Dec 9, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your apparent argument here is that because we've both been posting for months - you are therefore sane and I am insane.
I know that to you that sounds like a rational position. Just understand that it's not.
No Sir I never implied I was sane did I?
I never implied Jesus was divine or even real.
My position has not changed I understand the dictionary in defining
a god. The problem is the definition is specific for lower case god.
They specifically do not apply to me when you say Pharaoh.

"3.( lowercase ) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs."

You can only say in "past tense" or "was believed to be".

Not like you to say stupid crap like I'm saying jebus was the only real god.
The problem here is you believe that, though you wont admit it.
I will tell you there is no god, not any that can be defined as one by me. Not especially your panzy assed pharaoh.

Valley Village, CA

#4351 Dec 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No Sir I never implied I was sane did I?
I never implied Jesus was divine or even real.
My position has not changed I understand the dictionary in defining
a god. The problem is the definition is specific for lower case god.
I have been consistent with my use of "g".
They specifically do not apply to me when you say Pharaoh.
"3.( lowercase ) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs."
And that doesn't apply to Ramses how exactly?
You can only say in "past tense" or "was believed to be".
So what? Obviously Ramses is not currently alive. Everything referring to him refers to who he was when he was alive.

The fact that there are no current worshipers does not remove the title. There are no current worshipers of Mithra, yet I bet you've referred to him as a god in some post in the past.
Not like you to say stupid crap like I'm saying jebus was the only real god.
The problem here is you believe that, though you wont admit it.
I absolutely admit it. I believe that you are trying to convince me that Jesus is a real god. It explains your anger and fear at allowing something like a Pharaoh to be given the label. It explains why you constantly try and couch the discussion of Pharaohs are being "fake" gods because they don't measure up to your _REAL_ god.

Location hidden

#4352 Dec 9, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been consistent with my use of "g".
<quoted text>
And that doesn't apply to Ramses how exactly?
<quoted text>
So what? Obviously Ramses is not currently alive. Everything referring to him refers to who he was when he was alive.
The fact that there are no current worshipers does not remove the title. There are no current worshipers of Mithra, yet I bet you've referred to him as a god in some post in the past.
<quoted text>
I absolutely admit it. I believe that you are trying to convince me that Jesus is a real god. It explains your anger and fear at allowing something like a Pharaoh to be given the label. It explains why you constantly try and couch the discussion of Pharaohs are being "fake" gods because they don't measure up to your _REAL_ god.
No Nuggin the god status of pharaoh does not apply to me in any way and only to those who are brainwashed into thinking he is.
So I can say he is not a god and challenge that status the same way MacArthur challenged Herohitos. This does not stop his status in his little cult, but it completely axes his status in reality.
The same way Saddam's god status was revoked. That god status was only created from fear lies and propaganda , of course there will always be a few fools that believe they were gods.
But the buck stops in reality. The same is true for your divinity of Jesus which is a preposterous assertion also. Virgin birth is a gd lie and we all know it. Of course you maybe right that he had fools to follow who will always believe Giving him fallacious title , but that is fallacious title and non existence myth in reality.
The God status for all of them has been permanently revoked in reality, by modern men, that's why we call it mythology because there is only a hint of truth to a fallacious claim and a mire of propaganda of out right lies.
That's why I showed you the example of Herohito and Saddam as case history's showing you.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4353 Dec 9, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you seem to think that PROXIMITY is more important that reality. And again you are WRONG.
Hawaii is a state. USA stands for "United _STATES_ of America". As such, someone from Hawaii is from the USA.
Someone from the Earth is FROM THE EARTH.
The "Moon" is not part of the Earth. If you are from the moon you are from.... wait for it...._the moon_.
The fact that the Moon is NEAR the Earth does not make the Moon PART OF the Earth.
Ok, we are back to this. You are the one who seems to think that proximity is more important than reality. It was your point just a few posts back, in trying to say that the moon was not Earth. And, since nobody said it was, who cares, that you say it's not.

It is Earth's moon. Not Earth itself, but that moon is Earth's moon. Now it is not worth all this trivial crap, so I am done with you. The moon is earth's moon, and until you can prove otherwise ..... you lose.

Valley Village, CA

#4354 Dec 10, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No Nuggin the god status of pharaoh does not apply to me in any way and only to those who are brainwashed into thinking he is.
Translation: You insist that your lack of education allows you to misuse terms.

Congrats.

However, just because YOU reject a term doesn't mean the term does not apply. Anthropologists are not going to start throwing out their texts simply because YOU personally disagree with the labels.

Educate yourself.
So I can say he is not a god and challenge that status the same way MacArthur challenged Herohitos.
MacArthur challenged Hirohito in battle. Just because someone is a god doesn't mean their army is invulnerable.

Having an invulnerable army is NOT one of the criteria listed.
This does not stop his status in his little cult, but it completely axes his status in reality.
As opposed to which god? You keep referring to some gold standard god which "really exists" and saying that other gods don't measure up.

Yet, when I try and pin you down on which god you keep claiming is real, you get dodgy.

So, I'm going to keep on assuming you believe Jesus is "real" until you provide the name of the god you are talking about.
The same is true for your divinity of Jesus which is a preposterous assertion also. Virgin birth is a gd lie and we all know it.
So, you claim to not be supporting any sort of "god" but yet your complaint about Jesus specifically ranks a particular lie as being "damned by God".

Bit of a slip up there. You should really pay closer attention to your own position before you go accusing others of being like you.
The God status for all of them has been permanently revoked in reality, by modern men
First of all, Pharaohs didn't have "God" status. They were gods, not "God".

Second, your current opinion on them does NOT revoke anything.

There have been MANY Kings of England. There is currently a Queen. I reject the entire concept of royalty. However, that does NOT retroactively strip them of their title.

If I say "King Henry the Fifth", you don't go: "He was a fake king!"
, that's why we call it mythology because there is only a hint of truth to a fallacious claim and a mire of propaganda of out right lies.
Here is where your lack of education false you.

The fact that its mythology has NO BEARING on whether or not we can label the PARTS of mythology.

Take ANY given myth. It will have COMPONENTS (that means "parts") which can be labelled. "A Hero", "A Theme", "An Antagonist", "A Journey", etc etc etc.

It does not MATTER that Hercules wasn't a real person. He is still the HERO of the MYTHS in which he is featured.

According to your philosophy, a list titled: "Heroes of Greek Mythology" would contain NO NAMES because "They aren't real."

"Cartoon Characters from Disney": Zero names. All "not real".

"Dialog from Hamlet": Nothing. He's not real.

Your entire position is retarded. Educated people are MORE THAN CAPABLE of understanding, labeling, studying and examining things which YOU don't believe in. YOUR opinion is NOT relevant to what educated people do.

Valley Village, CA

#4355 Dec 10, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, we are back to this. You are the one who seems to think that proximity is more important than reality. It was your point just a few posts back, in trying to say that the moon was not Earth. And, since nobody said it was, who cares, that you say it's not.
It is Earth's moon. Not Earth itself, but that moon is Earth's moon. Now it is not worth all this trivial crap, so I am done with you. The moon is earth's moon, and until you can prove otherwise ..... you lose.
LOL. You are a child.

Humans are NOT from the moon. Your continued claims that they are do not change the facts.

Humans are from the Earth.
The Moon is NOT a part of the Earth.
No humans live there. No human was ever born there.

It DOES NOT MATTER that the Moon orbits the Earth. Humans AREN'T from the moon.

IT DOES NOT MATTER that the Moon is "close" to the Earth. Humans AREN'T from the moon.

You must be a particularly special kind of stupid that you can't get this through your skull.

Repeating your claim "It's Earth's Moon" changes NOTHING.

Again. Humans are _NOT_ from the Moon.

WRite it down. Ask an adult for help.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4356 Dec 10, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skip, why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing other people of lying?
<quoted text>
Yet despite my "trollish" nature, I can actually engage others when posting on this forum. Your approach is much more akin to Nelson Muntz.
Any time you like you can try addressing people's arguments. Don't keep criticizing from the sidelines just because you can't join in.
Hey look, its Nuggin's other half. The moron who doesn't

a) Understand the burden of proof and thinks scientists jobs are to go around disproving the crap idiots like Nuggin invent.

b) The coward who for more than one year can't provide any evidence of something that is both real and unfalsifiable.

Go away, poor agnostic fool who doesn't understand basic logic, you're just an armchair embarrassment here.

Location hidden

#4357 Dec 10, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are NOT from the moon.
That's it Nuggin, I see you haven't changed your tactic of stating a ridiculous strawman and arguing against it with ALL CAPS.

You're just getting worse and worse at this!

Location hidden

#4358 Dec 10, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura, my position has not changed.
Yes, you have and always will be a f*cking idiot in this forum.

And you'll always have your cheerleader the dude waving his pom poms in the background.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4359 Dec 10, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You are a child.
Humans are NOT from the moon. Your continued claims that they are do not change the facts.
Humans are from the Earth.
The Moon is NOT a part of the Earth.
No humans live there. No human was ever born there.
It DOES NOT MATTER that the Moon orbits the Earth. Humans AREN'T from the moon.
IT DOES NOT MATTER that the Moon is "close" to the Earth. Humans AREN'T from the moon.
You must be a particularly special kind of stupid that you can't get this through your skull.
Repeating your claim "It's Earth's Moon" changes NOTHING.
Again. Humans are _NOT_ from the Moon.
WRite it down. Ask an adult for help.
~ click ~

Location hidden

#4360 Dec 10, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: You insist that your lack of education allows you to misuse terms.
Congrats.
However, just because YOU reject a term doesn't mean the term does not apply. Anthropologists are not going to start throwing out their texts simply because YOU personally disagree with the labels.
Educate yourself.
<quoted text>
MacArthur challenged Hirohito in battle. Just because someone is a god doesn't mean their army is invulnerable.
Having an invulnerable army is NOT one of the criteria listed.
<quoted text>
As opposed to which god? You keep referring to some gold standard god which "really exists" and saying that other gods don't measure up.
Yet, when I try and pin you down on which god you keep claiming is real, you get dodgy.
So, I'm going to keep on assuming you believe Jesus is "real" until you provide the name of the god you are talking about.
<quoted text>
So, you claim to not be supporting any sort of "god" but yet your complaint about Jesus specifically ranks a particular lie as being "damned by God".
Bit of a slip up there. You should really pay closer attention to your own position before you go accusing others of being like you.
<quoted text>
First of all, Pharaohs didn't have "God" status. They were gods, not "God".
Second, your current opinion on them does NOT revoke anything.
There have been MANY Kings of England. There is currently a Queen. I reject the entire concept of royalty. However, that does NOT retroactively strip them of their title.
If I say "King Henry the Fifth", you don't go: "He was a fake king!"
<quoted text>
Here is where your lack of education false you.
The fact that its mythology has NO BEARING on whether or not we can label the PARTS of mythology.
Take ANY given myth. It will have COMPONENTS (that means "parts") which can be labelled. "A Hero", "A Theme", "An Antagonist", "A Journey", etc etc etc.
It does not MATTER that Hercules wasn't a real person. He is still the HERO of the MYTHS in which he is featured.
According to your philosophy, a list titled: "Heroes of Greek Mythology" would contain NO NAMES because "They aren't real."
"Cartoon Characters from Disney": Zero names. All "not real".
"Dialog from Hamlet": Nothing. He's not real.
Your entire position is retarded. Educated people are MORE THAN CAPABLE of understanding, labeling, studying and examining things which YOU don't believe in. YOUR opinion is NOT relevant to what educated people do.

There's a retard here I'm sure of it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UFO and Alien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ontario resident has lifetime of UFO and ET sig... 4 hr Sam 1
We are not alone in the universe, Canadians bel... (Jul '12) 8 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 84
The Top 5 Most Haunted Places in Washington: Th... (Feb '09) Mon Prissy after dark 49
Two new SETI programs will listen for aliens Sep 13 Kid_Tomorrow 15
UFO over forest fire: Canadian news crew captur... Sep 11 Dear aliens 7
16 Concrete Examples That Totally Prove The Ill... Sep 9 Wesley 1
Aiming for the Stars: Celebrating Rocket Scient... Sep 8 GodfreyJenkins 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

UFO and Alien People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••