Researchers: GPS-equipped commercial ...

Researchers: GPS-equipped commercial ships could become 'network of accurate tsunami sensors'

There are 2 comments on the story from May 8, 2012, titled Researchers: GPS-equipped commercial ships could become 'network of accurate tsunami sensors'. In it, reports that:

Oceanographer Leading Effort To Enlist Commercial Ships To Collect Ocean Data Study: Commercial Ships Spew Half As Much Particulate Pollution As World's Cars; 'A Significant Health Concern' Researchers: Blind Fish's Sensors May Spur Development Of New Generation Of Active Sonar Researchers: Biologically Inspired Sensors can Augment Sonar, Vision ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or

Toronto, Canada

#1 May 8, 2012
GPS Bites

Schaffhausen, Switzerland

#2 May 30, 2012
We've just published an interview with James Foster who led the research into the commercial shipping possibilities for tsunami early warning detection via GPS. Hope you like it and you can read it here:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tsunami Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coleman's popularity pushed Democrats to victory Nov 5 They cannot kill ... 3
News Experts urge Canadians to take part in earthqua... Oct '15 MADE IN USA 1
News Remembering Tsunami 2004: - I wanted to know' (Dec '14) Oct '15 IBU LILIS 3
News No tsunami, but winter tides enough to flood Pa... (Feb '10) Oct '15 Horatio 6
News ACEH (SUMATERA) VS JAVANESE....who will win? (Jan '12) Oct '15 Jawak Biawak 138
News Paul B. Farrell: Millions of illegal immigrants... Oct '15 Mikey 4
News Magnitude 6.6 Aftershock Hits Chile Just Days A... Sep '15 kushalkumar 1
More from around the web