Rush Limbaugh the Latest to Mock Japan in Wake of Earthquake

There are 20 comments on the Mar 16, 2011, www.huliq.com story titled Rush Limbaugh the Latest to Mock Japan in Wake of Earthquake. In it, www.huliq.com reports that:

Rush Limbaugh has become the latest conservative talk show host to mock Japan, despite the devastating earthquake that has killed thousands, left untold numbers homeless and missing, and threatened their nuclear power plants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huliq.com.

Marla

Spring Hill, FL

#167 Mar 17, 2011
I fondly recall the many times I've sat on Rush Limbaugh's face at his request.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/fat%20thon...
Unknown in Cheektowaga

Buffalo, NY

#168 Mar 17, 2011
I don't understand a human being that can mock, and find humor in what has happened in Japan. I am sick over it for those people. They've lost EVERYTHING except the clothes on their back. They can't even go back to their houses and try to salvage things. The homes and businesses destroyed by the tsunami are GONE. They have NOTHING. NO ONE should be making fun of this situation. He IS a pig.

Since: Sep 07

Maumee, OH

#169 Mar 17, 2011
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton is said to be especially peeved with the president’s waffling over how to encourage the kinds of Arab uprisings that have recently toppled regimes in Egypt and Tunisia, and in particular his refusal to back a no-fly zone over Libya.
In the past week, former President Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton’s former top adviser Anne-
Marie Slaughter lashed out at Obama for the same reason.
The tension has even spilled over into her dealings with European diplomats, with whom she met early this week.
When French president Nicolas Sarkozy urged her to press the White House to
take more aggressive action in Libya, Clinton repeatedly replied only,“There are difficulties,” according to Foreign Policy magazine.
“Frankly we are just completely puzzled,” one of the diplomats told Foreign
Policy magazine.“We are wondering if this is a priority for the United States.”
Or as the insider described Obama’s foreign policy shop:“It’s amateur night.”
Clinton revealed her desire to leave yesterday in an interview with CNN’s
Wolf Blitzer, responding four times to his questions about whether she would
accept a post during a potential second Obama administration with a single word:“No.”
Philippe Reines, an adviser and spokesman for Clinton, downplayed thesignificance of the interview, saying,“He asked, she answered. Really that simple.[It] wasn’t a declaration.”
But her blunt string of four “no’s” followed a period of intense frustration for the secretary,
according to the insider, who told The Daily that Clinton has grown weary of fighting an uphill battle in the administration.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates came out against a no-fly zone almost two weeks ago, while Clinton grew closer to the Libyan opposition.
Obama himself made light of her strong feelings for supporting the opposition in a speech last week at the Gridiron Club Dinner, an annual gathering that traditionally features a stand-up comedy act by the president.
"I’ve dispatched Hillary to the Middle East to talk about how these countries can transition to new leaders — though, I’ve got to be honest, she’s gotten a little passionate about the subject,” Obama said to laughter from the audience.
“These past few weeks it’s been tough falling asleep with Hillary out there on Pennsylvania Avenue shouting, throwing rocks at the window.”
Again bob weave and deflect...of topic and clueless.
Saul Alinsky

Pittsburgh, PA

#170 Mar 17, 2011
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>If you can suggest better ways of stopping conservative radio, I'm all ears.
Put liberal dumb-ass hosts on and it will fold in weeks just like Air America. But then I'd guess that would make it liberal radio. Hmmm... never mind, we've already seen that play-out.

“Spay and neuter your pet”

Since: Jul 07

Burnt Hills

#171 Mar 17, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
84% of Illegals Caught in 2010 Never Prosecuted... WHAT A MAN, WHAT A JOB..........THANKS OBAMA FOR SUPPORTING OPEN INVASION.
Gee I wonder how many Americans were procecuted for hiring illegals and how many Americans were procecuted for buying drugs from illegals. Always pointing the fingers and blaming others instead of the guilty ones.
AMERICANS, STOP HIRING AND BUYING DRUGS FROM ILLEGALS AND THEY WILL GO HOME!!!!!

Since: Aug 10

Atlanta, GA

#172 Mar 17, 2011
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
WASHINGTON (Reuters)– The United States showed increasing alarm about the nuclear situation in Japan on Wednesday and urged its citizens to stay clear of an earthquake-crippled power plant -- going further in its warnings than Japan itself.
As operators of the Fukushima plant pledged to try again to use helicopters to douse overheating reactors, U.S. officials warned about the risks of getting anywhere near the area and relied on their own officials for details about the danger.
"The situation has deteriorated in the days since the tsunami and ... the situation has grown at times worse with potential greater damage and fallout from the reactor," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters.
U.S. officials took pains not to criticize the Japanese government, which has shown signs of being overwhelmed by the crisis, but Washington's actions indicated a divide with the Japanese about the perilousness of the situation.
The State Department recommended that U.S. citizens within 50 miles of the plant leave the area or stay indoors.
Japan's government has asked people living within 12 miles to evacuate and those between 12 miles and 18 miles to stay indoors.
The United States always has to stick its nose in other countries' business and find fault. Why can't we just send some aid and STFU and let THEM handle THEIR crisis as THEY see fit?

Since: Jan 11

United States

#173 Mar 17, 2011
You asses all know Rush wouldn't do that! Its always someone out there that tries to misconstrue his comments to turn people against him! You are obviously a non-listener!!! Go to hell Liberal Looooser!!!!

Since: Aug 10

Atlanta, GA

#174 Mar 17, 2011
MidAtlantic wrote:
<quoted text>
People who have landed in Illinois and Texas from Japan a few hours ago have tested positive for radiations.
FACT!!
All goods being shipped from Japan is being screened for radiation.
Wake up fool
Japanese DID lie about the amount of radiation being expelled
So I guess what you are saying Americans Physicist and radiation experts are lying an Japan is not YOU TRADER GET LOST.
You paranoid cheeseball. Nothing is coming here with any more radiation on it than you get from a tanning bed.

Keep squawking, Chicken Little. Maybe ex-President Bush will send you some exra duct tape and plastic for your windows.

Burnt Hills

#175 Mar 17, 2011
Unknown in Cheektowaga wrote:
I don't understand a human being that can mock, and find humor in what has happened in Japan. I am sick over it for those people. They've lost EVERYTHING except the clothes on their back. They can't even go back to their houses and try to salvage things. The homes and businesses destroyed by the tsunami are GONE. They have NOTHING. NO ONE should be making fun of this situation. He IS a pig.
Unfortunately that is what conservatives do best, beat down upon and degrade those that have faced devastating disasters. They enjoy picking on the disadvantaged and those that have suffered. To them those people are nothing. Pathetic huh!

Burnt Hills

#176 Mar 17, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States always has to stick its nose in other countries' business and find fault. Why can't we just send some aid and STFU and let THEM handle THEIR crisis as THEY see fit?
Honey, this guy is a nut job. He'd put a loaded gun in the hands of a 3 yr old child just to prove that anyone should be able to have a weapon. He's crazy!

Since: Feb 11

Austin, TX

#177 Mar 17, 2011
Rush Limbaugh did not mock anyone. He was just showing what kind stupid people the state run news people are. If anything, Diane Sawyer should not have mentioned anything about recyling during the time she wss interviewing people. You people with the culture problem should start thinking about the problems we are having that has run the USA into the ground. Wake UP!

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

#178 Mar 17, 2011
And now there's the little issue of Libya...
Obama has gone and stuck his foot in his mouth, backing the rebels, saying the "dictator has to go"... Guess what, the dictator is winning.
When it's all over, and the rebels are dead, we'll have a new enemy of the state because Inept Barry has gone and pissed-off another world leader.
Mind you, I don't support Quidafi in the least... its just that Barry continues to show how inept he is.
GWB would have handled it better.... and that's sad.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#179 Mar 17, 2011
andre007 wrote:
You asses all know Rush wouldn't do that! Its always someone out there that tries to misconstrue his comments to turn people against him!
"He's right," Limbaugh said. "They've given us the Prius. Even now, refugees are recycling their garbage." Here, he began to laugh, continuing, "and yet, Gaia levels them! Just wipes them out!"

Yes, dear andre, sounds like a thoughtful empathetic grown up comment to the devastation in a country like Japan.

Disrespect from limbaugh who mocks even those who recycle amidst such a catastropic disaster should not be a surprise to anyone. because limbaugh gets paid handsomely for his vitriol.

Burnt Hills

#180 Mar 17, 2011
FIRSTATVICKSBURG wrote:
Rush Limbaugh did not mock anyone. He was just showing what kind stupid people the state run news people are. If anything, Diane Sawyer should not have mentioned anything about recyling during the time she wss interviewing people. You people with the culture problem should start thinking about the problems we are having that has run the USA into the ground. Wake UP!
What is wrong with Diane Sawyer making a statement about them recycling? If anything it goes to show you what kind of people the Japanese really are. Even in their darkest hour they are still thinking about the environment. I bet 95% of the disaster will be recycled instead of making a landfill. I wonder what percentage of garbage from Katrina will be recycled? These are proud people but you obviously missed the point of what she was trying to emphasise. Over your head BIG time!
MidAtlantic

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#181 Mar 17, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
You paranoid cheeseball. Nothing is coming here with any more radiation on it than you get from a tanning bed.
Keep squawking, Chicken Little. Maybe ex-President Bush will send you some exra duct tape and plastic for your windows.
Before opening your trap turn on the news stupid.
I guess you diden't see Obama's news confreence at 3PM EST today .

Open your eyes and get up dated on what's happening around you.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Rowlett, TX

#182 Mar 17, 2011
WeElectedABunchOfIdiots wrote:
Obama has gone and stuck his foot in his mouth, backing the rebels, saying the "dictator has to go"... Guess what, the dictator is winning.
When it's all over, and the rebels are dead, we'll have a new enemy of the state because Inept Barry has gone and pissed-off another world leader.
Mind you, I don't support Quidafi in the least... its just that Barry continues to show how inept he is.
The situation in Libya has become a test of will between Obama and Kadaffi.

And Kadaffi is winning.

Obama is proving to be much better at trivial subjects such as basketball picks than world leadership and even the pro-Obama lib news media is starting to notice.
MidAtlantic

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#183 Mar 17, 2011
WeElectedABunchOfIdiots wrote:
6PM tonight the UN will vote on action against Gaddafi.
It's not just for a No Fly Zone/It's for any means necessary to out Gaddafi.
American ambassador John Bolton said action should of been taken sooner. It's to late now He didn't elaborate on it

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Rowlett, TX

#184 Mar 17, 2011
MidAtlantic wrote:
<quoted text>
6PM tonight the UN will vote on action against Gaddafi.
It's not just for a No Fly Zone/It's for any means necessary to out Gaddafi.
American ambassador John Bolton said action should of been taken sooner. It's to late now He didn't elaborate on it
It's a little late for a no-fly zone since many of the rebels that it was intended to protect are dead now.

Note to Professor Obama: Events in far-flung places like Libya move a little faster than inside the ivory tower at the University of Chicago.

You can't spend a school year and the summer vacation trying to make up your mind about what to do next.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#185 Mar 17, 2011
Saul Alinsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Put liberal dumb-ass hosts on and it will fold in weeks just like Air America. But then I'd guess that would make it liberal radio. Hmmm... never mind, we've already seen that play-out.
Now wouldn't it have been wiser, Saulie, to not have responded at all? Then your dimwittedness could still be in question.
My turn

Wilmington, NC

#186 Mar 17, 2011
Rush looks like a giant, pile of dog manure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tsunami Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eerie moment hundreds of birds filled the sky a... 11 hr good luck 1
News B.C. mayor hopes 6.1 tremor will defer mega-quake Apr 24 maybe 1
News 6.1 magnitude earthquake hits B.C.'s north coas... Apr 24 NOT too SMART 1
News 6.1 magnitude earthquake hits British Columbia'... Apr 24 Sam 1
News Fukushima robot abandoned inside reactor after ... Apr 17 BDV 2
News Dolphin Strandings Bring Quake Fears in Japan Apr 16 little notice 1
News The Six Deadliest Earthquakes since 1950 Apr 16 little notice 1
More from around the web