Stoli Vodka Responds to LGBT Boycott ...

Stoli Vodka Responds to LGBT Boycott As More Clubs Dump the Brand

There are 84 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 26, 2013, titled Stoli Vodka Responds to LGBT Boycott As More Clubs Dump the Brand. In it, EDGE reports that:

It didn't take long for officials from Stolichnaya Vodka to respond to the boycott a number of LGBT supporters and gay bars launched against the vodka company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#90 Jul 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It was no worry for me. Coors is TERRIBLE and I was glad to give it the heave ho.
Side note, my 21st birthday was on a Saturday and I went into a liquor store and bought ONE tiny can of Coors just because I could. I was upset no one asked for my ID that day. I never drank it and it was in the back of my mother's cupboard for like 25 years till she passed away.
To answer both posts at the same time, yes, I do very well remember the Anita fiasco. If I remember correctly her husband left her, and I heard rumors about him being gay. Either that or or son was gay, or something like that. I didn't care enough about her to even bother remember all the details.

In the back of your mother's cupboard for 25 years, eh. Sounds like the Asstroll Stopper, doesn't it?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#91 Jul 29, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer both posts at the same time, yes, I do very well remember the Anita fiasco. If I remember correctly her husband left her, and I heard rumors about him being gay. Either that or or son was gay, or something like that. I didn't care enough about her to even bother remember all the details.
In the back of your mother's cupboard for 25 years, eh. Sounds like the Asstroll Stopper, doesn't it?
I'm sure it was so toxic by then that it was dangerous to have it around anymore. The can was a bit bloated, the last time I saw it, but then it was much lighter than it was originally, so I am thinking it evaporated or something.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#92 Jul 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure it was so toxic by then that it was dangerous to have it around anymore. The can was a bit bloated, the last time I saw it, but then it was much lighter than it was originally, so I am thinking it evaporated or something.
Still sounds like Asstroll Stopper to me.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#94 Jul 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, REUBEN, JARVIS, ARLI, a liar and an alcoholic. What a surprise.
And, LITTLE liar, only an IDIOT wants a martini shaken instead of stirred. You bruise the vodka or gin and it becomes cloudy, instead of the crystal clear liquid poured over the olive. Of course, since I am sure you drink YOUR cocktails out of pickle jars, I'm sure the fine character of your drink means nothing to you.
I was a bar tender at the Magic Pan many many years ago, and know of what I speak.
Gin is stirred so as not to dilute the gin. Vodka is usually shaken.

I read last week a thing about this with the James Bond movies. Bond prefers them shaken so he gets a weaker drink.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#95 Jul 29, 2013
Maurice wrote:
I stocked up on two cases of Stoli!
Best vodka in the world!
Yes if you like "table vodka". I buy cheaper brands that are much better than stoli.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#96 Jul 29, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid Queer, nobody cares about you freaks boycotting your own drink. LMFAO nobody likes that nasty sh!t anyway, except you Queers. You [email protected] are strange creatures.
Boycotting our own drink? What the hell are you raving about? We boycotted Coors. We didn't boycott Miller's, dummy. And when Miller's took it over, we got what we wanted.....a gay-friendly company. In other words.....We Won.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#98 Jul 29, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Gin is stirred so as not to dilute the gin. Vodka is usually shaken.
I read last week a thing about this with the James Bond movies. Bond prefers them shaken so he gets a weaker drink.
Don't laugh, but at a hotel I stayed at in Hawaii once, they had "Martini Classes" one night. It was a school situation and we made our own drinks and drank them. It was also the history of martinis, which were originally, in about 1890, very sweet. The whole "shaken, not stirred" quote was something Ian Fleming needed for his hero to say, to sound cool, and it IS a cool quote. A bartender pal of Fleming's thought of it for him.

If I recall my Ian Fleming readings, however, James Bond usually ordered some vile vodka like Smirnoff. Granted, it was the early 60's with less choice than now, but really? SMIRNOFF? Is that the best they had then?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#99 Jul 29, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Queer, I didn't say you boycotted miller lite. No one likes Coors beer anyway, but you Queers. Who gives a sh!t if you boycott something only ho:mos drink. We're damn sure not going to bail something out, that we never liked in the first place.
Coors? Miller Lite? You might as well order plain SODA WATER and be done with it.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#101 Jul 30, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid Queer, I didn't say you boycotted miller lite. No one likes Coors beer anyway, but you Queers. Who gives a sh!t if you boycott something only ho:mos drink. We're damn sure not going to bail something out, that we never liked in the first place.
You don't know much about St. Louis, do you? We really didn't need to take part in the boycott, because Coors wasn't even a choice in most places in St. Louis at the time. This was the world headquarters of Anheuser Busch, so 90% or more of beer drinkers didn't even have Coors in their vocabulary. Of course I didn't need to boycott anyway because I don't drink beer. I drink scotch or Martinis.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#102 Jul 30, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
We should've nuked Russia long ago. My dad says that if him and his buddies just pressed on for a few more weeks, they could've TAKEN MOSCOW !
Because we saw how well that worked for Napoleon and Hitler.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#103 Jul 30, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we saw how well that worked for Napoleon and Hitler.
VJ day is in August. I don't know how long it would have taken to amass our troops and move from Japan to Russia in 1945, but chances are it would have been more than the "couple of weeks" he claims. Of course by then winter is coming to Russia, and we all know what happens to armies attacking Russia in the winter. Of course the option of the A-Bomb was there, but after seeing the effects on Japan, I highly doubt Truman would have used it in Russia. Either way, arm-chair generals like him and his dad usually don't take into consideration the strategies that real generals do.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#104 Jul 30, 2013
Then there's that whole "ally" thing...

Not to mention that by VJ day we were heartily sick of war, and at that time, we weren't attacking countries that didn't declare war on us first. It's really a sad mindset that makes war an acceptable means of "problem-solving."
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
VJ day is in August. I don't know how long it would have taken to amass our troops and move from Japan to Russia in 1945, but chances are it would have been more than the "couple of weeks" he claims. Of course by then winter is coming to Russia, and we all know what happens to armies attacking Russia in the winter. Of course the option of the A-Bomb was there, but after seeing the effects on Japan, I highly doubt Truman would have used it in Russia. Either way, arm-chair generals like him and his dad usually don't take into consideration the strategies that real generals do.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#105 Jul 30, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Then there's that whole "ally" thing...
Not to mention that by VJ day we were heartily sick of war, and at that time, we weren't attacking countries that didn't declare war on us first. It's really a sad mindset that makes war an acceptable means of "problem-solving."
<quoted text>
Just as an aside on this war topic, and then I'll let this thread go back to the subject, I still have my family's ration books with the stamps still in them. They are interesting as a "show and tell" for my nieces and nephews (2 generations beyond me so far and all 6 of them have done so).

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#106 Jul 30, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know much about St. Louis, do you? We really didn't need to take part in the boycott, because Coors wasn't even a choice in most places in St. Louis at the time. This was the world headquarters of Anheuser Busch, so 90% or more of beer drinkers didn't even have Coors in their vocabulary. Of course I didn't need to boycott anyway because I don't drink beer. I drink scotch or Martinis.
It wasn't even sold east of the Rockies until very much later. If you'll recall that silly popular movie from 1979 or so, "Smokey and The Bandit" it was about Jackie Gleason hiring Burt Reynolds to smuggle several truck loads of Coors beer to whatever southern city they lived in for a big party.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#107 Jul 30, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't even sold east of the Rockies until very much later. If you'll recall that silly popular movie from 1979 or so, "Smokey and The Bandit" it was about Jackie Gleason hiring Burt Reynolds to smuggle several truck loads of Coors beer to whatever southern city they lived in for a big party.
Wow, what a memory. I had forgotten any plots or sub plots in that movie. In fact, I can't remember the last time that movie even crossed my mind.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#109 Jul 30, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case dumb a:ss, why are you taking credit for the boycott working??
I'm not. I said "we" in the first answer to your nonsense. That's the community as a whole, around the U.S. We boycotted. We got what we wanted. We won. End of story. End of my discussion with you about it.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#111 Jul 30, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a memory. I had forgotten any plots or sub plots in that movie. In fact, I can't remember the last time that movie even crossed my mind.
Hopefully, this will be the last time you have to think of it.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#112 Jul 30, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't even sold east of the Rockies until very much later. If you'll recall that silly popular movie from 1979 or so, "Smokey and The Bandit" it was about Jackie Gleason hiring Burt Reynolds to smuggle several truck loads of Coors beer to whatever southern city they lived in for a big party.
I thought Jackie Gleason was the cop trying to stop him.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#113 Jul 30, 2013
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Jackie Gleason was the cop trying to stop him.
You know what, you are CORRECT. I got confused. I forget who the rich guy was who hired the Bandit was in the first place.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#114 Jul 31, 2013
molodye wrote:
Stoli need not worry, the boycott will soon run out of steam, unless all the boycotters remember to take their much needed Viagra.
Do civil unions really do what the anti gays said they would do?

Well well well. Looks like the claims by the bigots that civil unions will do the same thing as marriage is unraveling in KY.

Exclusive: Will a lesbian couple be forced to testify against each other?

http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetracker/Exclu...

I hope we get this to be a big buzz on the internet. It will be interesting to hear the usual suspects respond,(Hannity, Limbaugh, Nom, AFA, Robertson, O'Reilly, etc.).

I Love it! PLEASE promote this story everywhere: Facebook; Twitter; etc.

Oh and all you anti gays who backed civil unions.....
1. Abiding Truth Ministries (Scott Lively)
.
2. American Family Association (Tim Wildmon; Bryan Fischer)
.
3. Americans for Truth About Homosexuality (Peter LaBarbera)
.
4. American Vision (Gary DeMar)
.
5. Chalcedon Foundation (R. J. Rushdoony)
.
6. Christian Anti-Defamation Commission (Gary Cass)
.
7. Concerned Women for America (Beverly LaHaye)
.
8. Coral Ridge Ministries (Robert Knight)
.
9. Dove World Outreach Center (Terry Jones)
.
10. Faithful Word Baptist Church (Steven Anderson)
.
11. Family Research Council (Tony Perkins)
.
12. Family research Institute (Paul Cameron)
.
13. Heterosexuals Organized for a Moral Environment (Wayne Lela)
.
14. Illinois Family Institute (Laurie Higgins)
.
15. Liberty Council (Matt Barber; Peter LaBarbera)
.
16. Mass Resistance (Brian Camenker)
.
17. National Organization for Marriage (Maggie Gallagher; Robert George; Brian Brown)
.
18. Traditional Values Coalition (Lou Sheldon; Andrea Lafferty)

……..checkmate!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for massage in Jubail (May '13) 15 min eeman 225
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 1 hr Shoe Shine Boy 3
Real Shemale Dating 1 hr AbdullahJeddh 15
looking for gay contacts in jeddah (Apr '14) 1 hr AbdullahJeddh 167
I will help you to find the suitable one Jeddah... (Jun '13) 1 hr AbdullahJeddh 90
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 1 hr AbdullahJeddh 2,445
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 1 hr AbdullahJeddh 2,237
The Growing trend of eunuchs/men without balls (Nov '08) Tue sparebits 195
More from around the web