Ohio Teacher Quits Over Catholic Cont...

Ohio Teacher Quits Over Catholic Contract

There are 129 comments on the EDGE story from May 10, 2014, titled Ohio Teacher Quits Over Catholic Contract. In it, EDGE reports that:

A veteran Catholic school teacher in Cincinnati whose son is gay is quitting in protest of a new controversial contract specifying violations of church doctrine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#61 May 18, 2014
lides wrote:
When luddites like yourself wish to address the problem by burying your head in the sand, which is to say not addressing it at all, we as a society lose.
How did you come to that conclusion? No third graders there to help you understand what you read?

I can't speak for every state but here in Massachusetts students are given a student handbook.

See page 9:
http://tes.tyngsboroughps.org/files/_uNHuJ_/1...

Enforce it. The first test kids should be given is a test on their responsibilities as students, they should have to pass it or take it again. Enforcement is what makes it work.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#62 May 18, 2014
Pat Robertson s Fatwass wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke works within the framework of Adam and Eve, too. That was the point - it works whether you believe in Evolution or do not, because in both there's a whole lot of inbreeding in the human race.
There was a buybull person in the thread. Mocking the story of Adam and Eve by saying it is tantamount to a whole lot of inbreeding is not completely irrelevant. Of course I was also mocking homo sapiens.
You're slow is all. That is nettlesome.
OTOH, diversity came with time did it not?

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#63 May 18, 2014
Wondering wrote:
How did you come to that conclusion?
Because that is exactly what you have consistently said, Wondering. You advocate not dealing directly with the topics that lead to the specific bullying. That is, by definition, burrying your head in the sand.
Wondering wrote:
No third graders there to help you understand what you read?
Is that the best you can do?
Wondering wrote:
I can't speak for every state but here in Massachusetts students are given a student handbook.
See page 9:
http://tes.tyngsboroughps.org/files/_uNHuJ_/1...
Enforce it. The first test kids should be given is a test on their responsibilities as students, they should have to pass it or take it again. Enforcement is what makes it work.
Wondering, those who don't have their head buried in the sand can deal with the problem preemptively, stopping the event before it happens.

If you don't understand that, then you can't be/have been a very good parent.

Once again, this merely reinforces the notion that you aren't the brightest bulb in the box.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#64 May 18, 2014
Tell me the one about David Parker again, foolish person.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#65 May 18, 2014
lides wrote:
Wondering, those who don't have their head buried in the sand can deal with the problem preemptively, stopping the event before it happens.
If you don't understand that, then you can't be/have been a very good parent.
Once again, this merely reinforces the notion that you aren't the brightest bulb in the box.
Now you're going to judge parents? You are hilarious!
What do you know about being a parent?
Student handbooks address bullying. They identify children as....are you ready for this....children. You, on the other hand, would rather identify them as gay or black or Asian or fat or skinny or weak or Jewish or Islamic. If you could think, which do you think would be the better approach? Talk about dim bulbs, dull tools.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#66 May 18, 2014
lides wrote:
Tell me the one about David Parker again, foolish person.
That wasn't about bullying children, it was about bullying parents. Moron.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#67 May 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Now you're going to judge parents? You are hilarious!
No, just you. I don't suffer fools gladly.
Wondering wrote:
What do you know about being a parent?
Wondering, I know about being a good person. it's something you could never understand.
Wondering wrote:
Student handbooks address bullying. They identify children as....are you ready for this....children. You, on the other hand, would rather identify them as gay or black or Asian or fat or skinny or weak or Jewish or Islamic. If you could think, which do you think would be the better approach? Talk about dim bulbs, dull tools.
Wondering, here's the difference between the to of us. You look at the handbook and say that is sufficient. I see a chance to preempt the action from happening, and in the process make more tolerant students who will be better citizens.

I feel sorry for your children. However, any adverse impact upon their lives is no fault of their own, they didn't get to choose their parents.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#68 May 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
That wasn't about bullying children, it was about bullying parents. Moron.
Actually, moron, it was about parents filing a lawsuit on the basis of a law that deals with sex education, when the course in question was not a sex ed course.

Tell me again how they fared in court?
D N A

Dalton, MA

#69 May 19, 2014
Fused @ the hip are we Lides?

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#70 May 19, 2014
D N A wrote:
Fused @ the hip are we Lides?
I can't control where you elect to troll.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#71 May 19, 2014
lides wrote:
1. Wondering, I know about being a good person. it's something you could never understand.
2. Wondering, here's the difference between the to of us. You look at the handbook and say that is sufficient. I see a chance to preempt the action from happening, and in the process make more tolerant students who will be better citizens.
3. I feel sorry for your children. However, any adverse impact upon their lives is no fault of their own, they didn't get to choose their parents.
1. You're right, I can't understand why you think you're a good person.
2. It has to be with enforcement, then it is sufficient. Gay subjects in elementary schools will alienate parents, there can be no good that comes from that..
3. Don't, the are happy, successful adults. We are a lot closer than most families. I feel sorry for your parents.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#72 May 19, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, moron, it was about parents filing a lawsuit on the basis of a law that deals with sex education, when the course in question was not a sex ed course.
Tell me again how they fared in court?
It doesn't matter what the judge said, he was obviously biased. I would stand with people like the Parkers all day long.

Judge Wolf on opt out:
"An exodus from class when issues of homosexuality or same-sex marriage are to be discussed could send the message that gays, lesbians, and the children of same-sex parents are inferior and, therefore, have a damaging effect on those students."

Instead, he would rather have the very likely 18 or 19 kids in a class of 20 be taught gay material and being forced to attend gay pride days against the wishes of those families. It is better to leave it alone.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#73 May 19, 2014
Wondering wrote:
It doesn't matter what the judge said, he was obviously biased. I would stand with people like the Parkers all day long.
Judge Wolf on opt out:
"An exodus from class when issues of homosexuality or same-sex marriage are to be discussed could send the message that gays, lesbians, and the children of same-sex parents are inferior and, therefore, have a damaging effect on those students."
Instead, he would rather have the very likely 18 or 19 kids in a class of 20 be taught gay material and being forced to attend gay pride days against the wishes of those families. It is better to leave it alone.
Wondering, read the Massachusetts code before you whine. The law allows parents to opt out of sex ed classes. The course in question in no way qualifies.

You look like an idiot when you claim bias every time a judge disagree with your dogma.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#74 May 19, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering, read the Massachusetts code before you whine. The law allows parents to opt out of sex ed classes. The course in question in no way qualifies.
You look like an idiot when you claim bias every time a judge disagree with your dogma.
No, they weren't tradition "sex ed" classes. That has never been the argument. The classes were designed to put young children in captive audiences and have an authority figure tell them that their parents are wrong, their religion is wrong, everything they believe is wrong. Mandatory attendance at gay pride days.

If the school were in a neighborhood with a high gay population it might be slightly more acceptable. What they were doing should be illegal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#75 May 19, 2014
lides wrote:
You look like an idiot when you claim bias every time a judge disagree with your dogma.
Judge Wolf looked like the idiot. You, you always look like an idiot.

Tell me. Does a "nice person" spend all of their time calling people idiots, imbeciles, dullards, etc.? It seems to be what you're best at.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#76 May 20, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Judge Wolf looked like the idiot.
No, he didn't. He looked like he applied the appropriate law, and gave the Parkers ability to resubmit in the Massachusetts court, which is where their case should have been filed in the first place. Did you notice they never refiled in MA? Perhaps they actually learned something from Judge Wolf's decision. You certainly did not learn a thing.
Wondering wrote:
You, you always look like an idiot.
That's one imbecile's opinion.
Wondering wrote:
Tell me. Does a "nice person" spend all of their time calling people idiots, imbeciles, dullards, etc.? It seems to be what you're best at.
Wondering, you have earned each and every instance that you have been called those things. Even a nice person has leave to call someone an idiot, imbecile, or dullard if that person is being an idiot, imbecile, or dullard.

You are an idiot, imbecile, and dullard whether I say so or not, so I might as well say so.
Steal Their Lil Minds

Dalton, MA

#77 May 20, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he didn't. He looked like he applied the appropriate law, and gave the Parkers ability to resubmit in the Massachusetts court, which is where their case should have been filed in the first place. Did you notice they never refiled in MA? Perhaps they actually learned something from Judge Wolf's decision. You certainly did not learn a thing.
<quoted text>
That's one imbecile's opinion.
<quoted text>
Wondering, you have earned each and every instance that you have been called those things. Even a nice person has leave to call someone an idiot, imbecile, or dullard if that person is being an idiot, imbecile, or dullard.
You are an idiot, imbecile, and dullard whether I say so or not, so I might as well say so.
The Men of Sodom who try to make America into their Kingdom of Sodom will fall.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#78 May 20, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he didn't.
Yes he did, and a flaming bully too.
Bryan Fischer s Hair Gel

Philadelphia, PA

#79 May 20, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what the judge said....
This should be the RNC's slogan for the next ten cycles of national elections. It's what the Republican Party really thinks and it will play well to their base.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#80 May 20, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Yes he did, and a flaming bully too.
Wondering, the only flaming thing here is your idiocy.

Face it kiddo, the court ruled, the Parkers were given leave to resubmit in state court, which is where they should have filed in the first place.

The funny part is, they are clearly more intelligent than you, of course that isn't saying much, because they were capable of seeing that they would lose in the state court as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Transgender Rights Lead NPR's Top LGBTQ Stories... Thu Jello Pudding 4
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) Thu 69 both 2,350
Both in Jeddah Apr 18 Bottomjed69 1
massage in dhahran (Apr '13) Apr 18 Jojo 17
News Texas middle school teachers resign after anti-... Apr 17 FART RESINS 31
News Maine House Approves 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Ban Apr 17 Gremlin 4
News Anxiety in America up since Donald Trump became... (Mar '17) Apr 17 Its reality 50