Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler?

Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler?

There are 3306 comments on the Free Republic story from Apr 17, 2014, titled Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

As Mein Kampf makes clear, Hitler sought to unite all the people of German speech and culture into one state, or Reich, preferably by peaceful negotiation, otherwise by war and conquest... Today's drift toward war with Russia seems like a replay of the past.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#741 Aug 20, 2014
no doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
" Putin is a good man if he prevents the homosexuals from abusing children."
No doubt I agree with you 100%
Hue

Toronto, Canada

#742 Aug 20, 2014
PUTIN a NAZI PIG wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny made-up concepts of bogus law are all you have in reply? So the UN is "irrelevant" when it disagrees with fascist Russia and agreed border changes are somehow not in effect if you change your mind sixty years later? Then, you claim a fantasy "invasion" of Russia by BELGIUM?????!!!!!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
You Russo-fascists really CRACK ME UP!
And yes, you are ignorant of the FACT that Russia APPROVED the annexation of Crimea by Ukraine more than a half-century ago. The fact that the Soviet Union was a total failure does not undo the FACT of Crimea being part of Ukraine. You pay RENT do you, then STEAL the rental property like a common thief? That makes it right, does it?
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
No one but the owner can legally give property to someone else. Khrushchev was not an owner of Crimea. Russian people, and primarily citizens of Crimea, were the owners. Nobody asked them, or even their representatives in Duma, whether they want to give their Crimea to Ukraine. Duma opposed the Crimea being taken by Ukraine when Ukraine was separating from the USSR. Duma voted twice, asking Jeltsin to reclaim Crimea.

Crimea was acquired by Russian king, and settled by Russian people. Russia ruled Crimea for about three centuries. Russian people defended Crimea in two wars against invaders; and many Russian lives were lost in defending Crimea. Ukrainians did nothing for Crimea.

At the point of recent referendum there were 60% of Russians residing in Crimea, and only 20% of Ukrainians. There are no legitimate criteria by which the Crimea would be Ukrainian.

One American political analyst said it so accurately:`The Crimea in the possession of Ukraine is like a child living with the step-mother`.
Hue

Toronto, Canada

#743 Aug 20, 2014
PUTIN a NAZI PIG wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are also ignorant of the FACT that the UN voted OVERWHELMINGLY to recognize Crimea as part of Ukraine! You sstupidly pretend that a majority of the UN General |Assembly is not the "International Community"? as well! The "non-Western" countries like the DPRK do indeed support fascist Russia, but who cares about a pitiful handful of loser dictatorships?
So, are there any other idiotic examples of your ignorance and willingness to lie you would like to share?
Parade your fascist head full of shit and make yourself useful by ENTERTAINING US, Russo-fascist CLOWN!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
The UN is run by Americans. The Americans are on Ukrainians side because they wanted to place NATO on Crimea, and they knew that Ukrainians are sold-outs, and the West can get anything from them.

Countries which respect the law are supporting Russia. It is true that they are not powerful colonizing empires like the countries that support the Ukraine, but they support Russia because legality is on the Russian side.

Countries that have an agenda in dictating other countries’ borders are supporting the Ukraine. They are not doing that because Ukraine is right, because it is not, and they know that. But, they have their own interests in supporting Ukraine, which are already put on sale.
Zeppelin

Knoxville, TN

#744 Aug 20, 2014
Hue wrote:
<quoted text>
No one but the owner can legally give property to someone else. Khrushchev was not an owner of Crimea. Russian people, and primarily citizens of Crimea, were the owners. Nobody asked them, or even their representatives in Duma, whether they want to give their Crimea to Ukraine. Duma opposed the Crimea being taken by Ukraine when Ukraine was separating from the USSR. Duma voted twice, asking Jeltsin to reclaim Crimea.

Crimea was acquired by Russian king, and settled by Russian people. Russia ruled Crimea for about three centuries. Russian people defended Crimea in two wars against invaders; and many Russian lives were lost in defending Crimea. Ukrainians did nothing for Crimea.

At the point of recent referendum there were 60% of Russians residing in Crimea, and only 20% of Ukrainians. There are no legitimate criteria by which the Crimea would be Ukrainian.

One American political analyst said it so accurately:`The Crimea in the possession of Ukraine is like a child living with the step-mother`.
You are quite correct. I am not an expert on Ukrainian history, but looking at old maps I believe that the whole Black Sea coast was Russian territory.

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#745 Aug 21, 2014
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>

However, this one is from the same unknown Finn - please tell your own opinion. I want to see if you have comprehension skills ;)
You don't test me, I'm American and you don't "test" me on anything, you arrogant twerp.
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Putler has never ruled, nor will he ever rule in Ukraine.
Who is Putler? If you mean Putin, of course he hasn't ruled Ukraine. He's the president of Russia, not Ukraine. You sound like an idiot.
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Yanukovich was an obvious amateur. He should have killed more ruthlessly in Maidan and stopped the riot from the start.
Yes, that's true. We're having the same sort of problem here in the US... Ferguson Missouri. Heard anything about that? Of course these protesters haven't been throwing burning bottles of alcohol at the police & burning them to death and they aren't storming government buildings....the police here will shoot ALL the protesters before that ever happens. And that's just the local government! Imagine that happening in Washington DC. Oh no, that would never happen here.
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>And control the media. It's useless if you let journalists riot and write all kind of democracy-shit to bewilder the citizens.
Who owns the media in Ukraine? The oligarchs.
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>The snipers in Maidan was Putin's attempt to save the situation
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25739...
Estonian Foreign Minister Paet: "'So that there is now stronger and stronger understanding that behind the snipers it was not Yanukovich, but it was somebody from the new coalition,' he said
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>Putin has thought a lot about happenings in 1990-91. He said that the collapse of Soviet was an uneccessary mistake.
Wrong. He called it "the greatest geopolitical catastrophe" of the 20th century" and he was right.

The rest of your posts makes you sound like a monstrous psychopath.
Are you sure you aren't from west Ukraine???

Location hidden

#746 Aug 21, 2014
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal supporters exists only in your deranged mind, they are Ukraine-supporters.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/ukraines-secre...

Enter Ihor Kolomoisky, a 51-year-old outspoken banking tycoon. Now recently appointed by the country's president as governor of Dnipropetrovsk region in eastern Ukraine, he has decided to dip into his fortune to bolster that army and defend the homeland.
View Graphics

So far, that has included buying tires, car batteries and fuel for army units, as well outfitting local militias.

But critics question Mr. Kolomoisky's motives, pointing out that he and other oligarchs in Ukraine may have more financial than altruistic reasons for maintaining the status quo. For years now, critics say, the oligarchs' powerful influence over many industries have blocked economic reforms in a country that has one of Europe's lowest average per capita incomes.

"These are precisely the opposite of the sorts of people would you want to appoint" as governors, said Mark Kramer, professor of Cold War studies at Harvard University. "It's hard for me to see why those who fought for change in Ukraine would want such people in charge."

In a rare interview, Mr. Kolomoisky declined to say how much he is spending personally to build up what his aides call the "Kolomoisky army," but experts estimate it is about $10 million a month just to fund the salaries of militia and police units, some of whom technically report to Ukraine's army and interior ministry. His province now has close to 2,000 battle-ready troops in the field, his aides say. By comparison, Ukraine's army had only 6,000 through the entire country when Russia took control of the Crimean peninsula earlier this year.

Mr. Korban said business contacts from Privat Group, an informal nebula of companies controlled by Mr. Kolomoisky and his partners, have been useful in supplying the army and militia units, allowing him to contact heads of major local chains to cut deals for military supplies. The tycoon's team also funneled volunteers into a local militia, called the Dnipro Battalion, that were outfitted with gray SUVs and new uniforms. More lightly armed militias were cobbled together as well, to man checkpoints around the province.

Today the Dnipro Battalion has not only the 2,000 battle-ready troops, equipped with heavy weapons, but more than 20,000 in reserve.

Mr. Korban said Dnipropetrovsk is expanding the borders of its influence, with regional militias taking over four regions inside the adjacent province of Donetsk and installing regional administration heads who are friendly to Mr. Kolomoisky. Mr. Korban called it a "buffer zone" and said they were prepared to take four more regions.

He said Mr. Kolomoisky has brought in Romanian and Georgian military advisers to help with the training of troops, who in the Dnipro Battallion until recently only had a week of boot camp.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine-abroa...
original article:
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/6/...
Shortly after they took over government buildings and police stations in April throughout his neighboring eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, the banking magnate offered bounties of up to $10,000 for the capture of the movement’s leaders and $1,000 for each rebel Kalashnikov. He is bankrolling paramilitary groups fighting alongside the national guard and has paid for gasoline to fuel Ukrainian military vehicles.

Location hidden

#747 Aug 21, 2014
Oh, I like this part

Many Ukrainian oligarchs got rich using the same methods as their Russian counterparts — buying up state-owned enterprises and industries at cheap prices shortly after the breakup of the Soviet Union. They were often politically connected figures who had managed to accumulate capital under the Soviet system despite the strong official limits on such activities. They bought up Ukraine’s suddenly privatized heavy industries and export businesses, such as steel, coal and military machinery, vastly expanding their wealth almost overnight and creating a powerful elite.

In order to keep their empires and profits growing, the oligarchs used their fortunes to secure influence in the Ukrainian government, either by funding the campaigns of parliament deputies and their parties or by cutting deals to get political appointments for their loyalists. Many, including Poroshenko and Kolomoisky, bought up national media conglomerates with television, newspaper and magazine holdings and used the outlets to advance their agendas.

“The way the oligarchs work, they weren’t trying to establish themselves as political leaders,” Galeotti said.“What they wanted was enough autonomy so that they could do what they wanted and not worry about the state interfering.”

Many have expressed fears that Ukraine could slip into being run by warlords, each using his own military to protect narrow financial interests.

Location hidden

#748 Aug 21, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>

They also force people to declare that illness on job applications and failing to do so is reason for termination.
LOL you're lying and I already proved it. That is NOT true. You post a link that proves it.

Once again the Russia haters adopt the trick of lying their asses off about things they can't prove.

Location hidden

#749 Aug 21, 2014
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "for once I agree with you" to a poster calling themselves "Kiev is full of nazi pigs"? Isn't that a massive clue they're pro-Putler, you dumb fatass!
LOL!! Was that his name?

Location hidden

#750 Aug 21, 2014
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>
That person is Russian you idiot, do you think a Ukrainian would call themselves "Fascist Kiev"?
You must be joking... I hope!

Location hidden

#751 Aug 21, 2014
Pro Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>
Krushchev was half Russian, and what he did was legal unlike Putin's annexation.
Did Crimeans vote to join Ukraine in the 50's or did they vote (overwhelmingly) to join Russia in 2014?

It's amazing to me that you talk about freedom and democracy and the ONE and ONLY time these people are ever allowed to vote on their own future and you want to take it away from them!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#752 Aug 21, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text> You don't test me, I'm American and you don't "test" me on anything, you arrogant twerp.
<quoted text> Who is Putler? If you mean Putin, of course he hasn't ruled Ukraine. He's the president of Russia, not Ukraine. You sound like an idiot.
<quoted text>Yes, that's true. We're having the same sort of problem here in the US... Ferguson Missouri. Heard anything about that? Of course these protesters haven't been throwing burning bottles of alcohol at the police & burning them to death and they aren't storming government buildings....the police here will shoot ALL the protesters before that ever happens. And that's just the local government! Imagine that happening in Washington DC. Oh no, that would never happen here.
<quoted text>Who owns the media in Ukraine? The oligarchs.
<quoted text>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25739...
Estonian Foreign Minister Paet: "'So that there is now stronger and stronger understanding that behind the snipers it was not Yanukovich, but it was somebody from the new coalition,' he said
<quoted text> Wrong. He called it "the greatest geopolitical catastrophe" of the 20th century" and he was right.
Are you sure you aren't from west Ukraine???
ha ha, you did not comprehend the sarcasm in the text and even worse, you start with the childish "but but but, X did it too, boohoo" LMAO

It would be fun to be in your mind, the neverending circus that starts immediately when giving you some food for thought ;)

As for the vomiting afterwards, thanks I'll pass!

Location hidden

#753 Aug 21, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text> You don't test me, I'm American and you don't "test" me on anything, you arrogant twerp.

Keep on 'analyzing' me since you are analyzing yourself ;)

I humbly serve as your mirror, reflecting back yourself by talking to you like you talk to others.

It's not me you see, it's YOU.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#754 Aug 21, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you're lying and I already proved it. That is NOT true. You post a link that proves it.
Once again the Russia haters adopt the trick of lying their asses off about things they can't prove.
http://www.ilga-europe.org/var/ilga/storage/i...

Russia is the worst place in Europe you could possibly go if you are gay. The way you will be treated is worse than anywhere in the civilised world by miles.

Since putin enacted his anti gay laws, US applications for asylum from Russians have gone up fourfold.

Gay people are literally fleeing for their lives.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#755 Aug 21, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Crimeans vote to join Ukraine in the 50's or did they vote (overwhelmingly) to join Russia in 2014?
It's amazing to me that you talk about freedom and democracy and the ONE and ONLY time these people are ever allowed to vote on their own future and you want to take it away from them!
Bearing in mind the amount of effort Russia put into making sure there were no independant observers of the 'elections' I'm going to say the crimeans NEVER got a say.

I'm also willing to bet that despite some tatars etc fleeing for their lives and changing the demographics, Russia STILL wouldn't want a free referendum in the crimea.

Location hidden

#756 Aug 21, 2014
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.ilga-europe.org/var/ilga/storage/i...
Russia is the worst place in Europe you could possibly go if you are gay. The way you will be treated is worse than anywhere in the civilised world by miles.
Since putin enacted his anti gay laws, US applications for asylum from Russians have gone up fourfold.
Gay people are literally fleeing for their lives.
That is so sad :(

The positive aspect of the fleeing people; gays, Jews, Tatars, Ukrainians etc. etc., is that they have large and loving communities abroad, who will help them flee and settle down xx

They won't be left alone if they flee, that's for sure!

Kudos to all specific communities for helping their sisters and brothers in Ukraine ;)

One sad thing among all sad things... the half-Ukrainian sniper from US was killed :(

May he and everyone else Rest In Peace!

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/u-...

Just how low can Russia stoop, seriously???

Now they arranged a fashion show in Moscow, where small children represented different countries and held a gun in their hand.

The girl representing Ukraine pointed the gun at her head. Sick and disgusting!!!

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/mo...
Zeppelin

Knoxville, TN

#757 Aug 21, 2014
I see Miss Finland is still living in her little fantasy world.
Avenger

Cambridge, Canada

#759 Aug 21, 2014
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>
The positive aspect of the fleeing people; gays, Jews, Tatars, Ukrainians etc. etc., is that they have large and loving communities abroad, who will help them flee and settle down xx
Kudos to all specific communities for helping their sisters and brothers in Ukraine ;)
One sad thing among all sad things... the half-Ukrainian sniper from US was killed :(
Now they arranged a fashion show in Moscow, where small children represented different countries and held a gun in their hand.
The girl representing Ukraine pointed the gun at her head. Sick and disgusting!!!
Despicable Russian fascist regime fashion show.
There Kremlin has gone mad.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#760 Aug 21, 2014
Pro-Ukraine wrote:
<quoted text>
that second video with the kids is horrible and totally unacceptible, children are born without prejudice and bigotry but are taught by family, friends and teachers, this is a prime example of a teacher molding the future, totally tasteless. What these people do not understand is this display also creates animosity with the people in Ukraine and will come back to bite innocent Russians, it certainly does not help the settling of the political situation but does represent Putin's opinion of Ukraine
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

#761 Aug 21, 2014
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Despicable Russian fascist regime fashion show.
There Kremlin has gone mad.
Keep listening to FOXCRAP! I'm sure it will re-enforce your posts. LOL

Have a nice day.

Cyril.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 African Americans named Rhodes scholars, mos... 1 hr vestric 58
News Theoa s journey: A transgender child at war wit... 7 hr Rick Santpornum 3
News Apology to Canadians persecuted for being gay c... 8 hr Rick Santpornum 8
News Gay pride fills Buenos Aires streets 8 hr Rick Santpornum 6
News Some firsts among 32 US students picked as Rhod... 18 hr TerriB1 5
News Transgender teacher discussion open to parents ... (Aug '06) Sun C Kersey 18
News College Fraternity to Accept Transgender Members (May '06) Sun C Kersey 3
More from around the web