Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler?

Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler?

There are 3311 comments on the Free Republic story from Apr 17, 2014, titled Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler?. In it, Free Republic reports that:

As Mein Kampf makes clear, Hitler sought to unite all the people of German speech and culture into one state, or Reich, preferably by peaceful negotiation, otherwise by war and conquest... Today's drift toward war with Russia seems like a replay of the past.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#231 Jul 28, 2014
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeltsin DID send Russian troops to the Balkans.
Those Russian troops even managed to stage an incident by storming an airfield.
I vaguely recall reading about an airport guarded by both British and a small number of Russian troops. I'm pretty sure that was about all they did.

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#232 Jul 28, 2014
NAZI SOVIET ALLIANCE wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk about how SOVIET RUSSIA supplied NAZI GERMANY with a SECRET SUBMARINE BASE in Murmansk during WWII when SOVIET RUSSIA and NAZI GERMANY were CLOSE ALLIES!
Stalin also promised the Nazi Ribbentrop that "The Soviet Union will not let Nazi Germany lose the war with the democracies of the West"! MILITARY HELP FOR HITLER, STALIN'S CLOSEST ALLY!
WOW!!!!
Such CLOSE, CLOSE ALLIES these RED and BROWN FASCISTS were!
Abe? Why are you posting from Canada??
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#233 Jul 28, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn boobie, you "Canadian" west Ukrainians have been pushing for a civil war in Ukraine ever since I got on this forum in 2010. Come on now, we all know the truth.
Which truth?
Kremlin's Pravda?
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Even your friend ana prayed Yanukovich would be assassinated and called for an overthrow of the government.
Based on Yanukovich's performance as the head of Ukraine, that can be understandable. But that would not necessarily mean a civil war.
Yanukovich stole money from Donbass people as well. And killed individuals.
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
I also remember you people wanting to join NATO so you would provoke a war between the US and Russia.
That is the classical way to provoke Russia - to merely exist as an independent state and to join EU and NATO. Russia has threatened each and every one of the East European country ready to join EU and NATO with not just war, but with thermonuclear war.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#234 Jul 28, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I vaguely recall reading about an airport guarded by both British and a small number of Russian troops. I'm pretty sure that was about all they did.
Well, you are wrong.
The Russian troops stormed the airfield against UN commands.

And btw, Strelkin has now been connected with the Visegrad massacres in Bosnia.
As well as with Chechnya, Transnistria and the Caucasus. The whole derzhavist package.
And the newly appointed deputy as well.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#235 Jul 28, 2014
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are wrong.
The Russian troops stormed the airfield against UN commands.
And btw, Strelkin has now been connected with the Visegrad massacres in Bosnia.
As well as with Chechnya, Transnistria and the Caucasus. The whole derzhavist package.
And the newly appointed deputy as well.
Are you surprised that they would use old reliable people, by the way I must say I have not fully known situation in your country before. Yeltsin did have 2000 troops stationed in Estonia back in 1994. Yeltsin, Meri and Clinton finally came to agreement and those people left. My understanding is that the American government funded appartments for those people and other form of aid. I just don't understand why would president Yeltsin try to keep a foothold in Baltics or was it that they simply had no money to provide housing for those troops.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#236 Jul 28, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>I vaguely recall reading about an airport guarded by both British and a small number of Russian troops. I'm pretty sure that was about all they did.
Oh he tried to exert influence there too, it just that Caucasus was more important than Baltics or Balkans. Russians would have loved Yeltsin had he started WW3.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#237 Jul 28, 2014
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you surprised that they would use old reliable people
I am not surprised.
I am surprised that they killed Bassayev, he would have proved "handy" for Kremlin in Donbass, just as he proved "handy" fighting alongside Kremlin spetsnazis in Abkhazia in the early 1990s and just as he conducted false flag operations around Chechnya. I guess Bassayev was not as reliable as Strelkov and some others.
<quoted text>
by the way I must say I have not fully known situation in your country before. Yeltsin did have 2000 troops stationed in Estonia back in 1994.
It was much more than that.
It used to be 100 000 soviet troops in more than 700 military bases.
The handing over of the bases was gradual, but I don't think that 2000 troops could have guarded 700 bases. Besides, everything valuable was either taken with them or destroyed - everything, including the kitchen sinks and toilet stands. Have you ever seen Russian troops walking away prematurely before taking all the valuables?
<quoted text>
Yeltsin, Meri and Clinton finally came to agreement and those people left. My understanding is that the American government funded appartments for those people and other form of aid.
Yes, it was somewhat similar to the drawout from Eastern Germany.
<quoted text>
I just don't understand why would president Yeltsin try to keep a foothold in Baltics or was it that they simply had no money to provide housing for those troops.
What's there to understand?
One only needs to look at places which still harbour Russia's troops:
Moldova, Crimea, Georgia, Armenia.

Troops are used for leverage to keep those states from integrating with the West.
SEJM

Nicosia, Cyprus

#238 Jul 28, 2014
Vladimir Putin is a big KARAGOZ... It remains to be seen if Russians understand this soon enough, before Putins destroys Russia economically or otherwise.
SEJM

Nicosia, Cyprus

#239 Jul 28, 2014
Vladimir Putun should be arrested and be sent to the Hague for crimes against humanity. Sooner or later his demise will be a spectacular event!
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#240 Jul 28, 2014
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not surprised.
I am surprised that they killed Bassayev, he would have proved "handy" for Kremlin in Donbass, just as he proved "handy" fighting alongside Kremlin spetsnazis in Abkhazia in the early 1990s and just as he conducted false flag operations around Chechnya. I guess Bassayev was not as reliable as Strelkov and some others.
<quoted text>
It was much more than that.
It used to be 100 000 soviet troops in more than 700 military bases.
The handing over of the bases was gradual, but I don't think that 2000 troops could have guarded 700 bases. Besides, everything valuable was either taken with them or destroyed - everything, including the kitchen sinks and toilet stands. Have you ever seen Russian troops walking away prematurely before taking all the valuables?
<quoted text>
Yes, it was somewhat similar to the drawout from Eastern Germany.
<quoted text>
What's there to understand?
One only needs to look at places which still harbour Russia's troops:
Moldova, Crimea, Georgia, Armenia.
Troops are used for leverage to keep those states from integrating with the West.
I suppose Putinko didn't keep his end of the deal, that is if good ol Shamil was involved with blowing up those appartments back in 1999. Basayev proved particulary handy when Yeltsin exerted Russia's influence to Abkhazia. Didn't they officially even charge Basayev for the bombing. I remember reading how Abkhazians, Ossetians and some Chechens played football with Georgian heads after "victory" while Basayev and his GRU mentors sit there enjoying the view.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Finland

#241 Jul 28, 2014
It wasn't so much of the bases but rather the fact that militarism always plays a big part in geopolitics among the superpowers.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#242 Jul 28, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>Glenn boobie, you "Canadian" west Ukrainians have been pushing for a civil war in Ukraine ever since I got on this forum in 2010. Come on now, we all know the truth. Even your friend ana prayed Yanukovich would be assassinated and called for an overthrow of the government.
Well, you got your way so what's the problem??
Is it NATO?
I also remember you people wanting to join NATO so you would provoke a war between the US and Russia.
Only Russkies want war in Ukraine, you lying fatass!
Pro Ukraine

UK

#243 Jul 28, 2014
-sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of west Ukrainians loved the Nazis. When the Nazis invaded Ukraine, the west Ukrainians greeted the Nazis with flowers in their arms and they already spoke German.
No they didn't, they hoped the nazi invasion would help Ukraine escape from the Soviet Union, Western Ukrainians hate nazis and commies equally. Already spoke German? Where did you get that from?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#244 Jul 28, 2014
Putin the gangster just got put on trial for his extortion over yukos and he lost.

The court in the hague says he has to pay back $50bn that he stole.

Yup, that bassy sound in the distance, the one that is clearly getting louder, that's the sound of the russian economy collapsing.

So the question now becomes: After their recent attiutudes towards shooting down civliian airliners, will the rest of the world send people to rescue the survivors from the rubble of the russian economic collapse or will they just leave the russian people buried??
George

Red Deer, Canada

#246 Jul 28, 2014
I can read wrote:
Putin the gangster just got put on trial for his extortion over yukos and he lost.
Yup, that bassy sound in the distance, the one that is clearly getting louder, that's the sound of the russian economy collapsing.
So the question now becomes: After their recent attiutudes towards shooting down civliian airliners, will the rest of the world send people to rescue the survivors from the rubble of the russian economic collapse or will they just leave the russian people buried??
Yes, isn't Russian democracy wonderful. if you have it and they want it, well just charge the owners with something and jail them:

http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/742610
Avenger

Cambridge, Canada

#247 Jul 28, 2014
Surely the drunk Yeltsin could have found someone better than the reckless mafia Don Herr Fuhrer Putler.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#248 Jul 28, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Putin is a murderous dictator intent on expanding his empire. So in that regard, he is like Hitler, yes.
I would say, second rate, third world, banana republic USA, is a much bigger hell hole, than great, powerful, wealthy Russia. Hehehehe.

Fascist Nazi trash such as yourself bore me to death, hence my copy and paste.

Idiot Nazi trash like you come on Topix spouting a lot of garbage about Putin and Russia, to make themselves feel better but, the reality is that Putin is a very shrewd politician, is the most powerful man on the Globe.

Putin has made Russia the most powerful nation on earth, he makes American politicians look weak, dumb and a lying bunch of crooks.

This is the reality, which idiot Nazi trash like you rather not think about, well too bad, you bunch of Nazis just have to live with it.

Hehehehehe.
Odin

Mosj√łen, Norway

#249 Jul 28, 2014
I can read wrote:
I like you more and more, why the he ll do we fight so much?, as we are agreed on almost everthing
George

Red Deer, Canada

#250 Jul 28, 2014
Avenger wrote:
Surely the drunk Yeltsin could have found someone better than the reckless mafia Don Herr Fuhrer Putler.
I just read about Russia losing the court case in the Hague for 50 billion. The previous owner of the oil company has the right now to register liens or caveats against russian bank accounts around the world which will seriously harm russia

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#251 Jul 28, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read about Russia losing the court case in the Hague for 50 billion. The previous owner of the oil company has the right now to register liens or caveats against russian bank accounts around the world which will seriously harm russia
Only idiots like you, without morals, principles or ethics, twist the truth in accordance to your twisted mind.

I would say, second rate, third world, banana republic USA, is a much bigger hell hole, than great, powerful, wealthy Russia. Hehehehe.

Fascist Nazi trash such as yourself bore me to death, hence my copy and paste.

Idiot Nazi trash like you come on Topix spouting a lot of garbage about Putin and Russia, to make themselves feel better but, the reality is that Putin is a very shrewd politician, is the most powerful man on the Globe.

Putin has made Russia the most powerful nation on earth, he makes American politicians look weak, dumb and a lying bunch of crooks.

This is the reality, which idiot Nazi trash like you rather not think about, well too bad, you bunch of Nazis just have to live with it.

Hehehehehe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking syrian bottom in jeddah 46 min sjeddahmrrr 9
Meet Here Gays ( JEDDAH ) (Mar '14) 48 min sjeddahmrrr 198
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... 50 min WasteWater 10
i am secret bottom in dammam :) (Aug '12) 53 min sjeddahmrrr 755
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 59 min sjeddahmrrr 700
News Pride parade steps off in New York in Orlando's... 2 hr friend of fact ch... 10
gay/bi skype fun (Jul '13) 4 hr Suxudry89 314
More from around the web