TV disses transgender characters

TV disses transgender characters

There are 2 comments on the The Burlington Free Press story from Apr 23, 2013, titled TV disses transgender characters. In it, The Burlington Free Press reports that:

There's an alarming trend in television whose continued growth I find disturbing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Burlington Free Press.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Apr 23, 2013
What the writer says is true! If the subject were racial, or the disabled or mental retardation or even Gay, there would be an uproar. But let a "guy" wear a dress because she feels more comfortable expressing her femininity, she becomes an object of humor, if not outright derision or worse. While one is mildly "emotionally disturbed" by concealing herself, she is treated as totally insane for expressing herself. Hopefully, we can educate the general public about what we really are. Just folks who are trying to get through the day! Which is why I go to as many flea markets and other political events as I can. See and be seen! To date, I haven't had anything but positive reactions. But I don't dress flamboyantly or act in a way that draws attention. I am on good relations with several vendors. I try to live the TV images down. I am fully aware that I may be the only openly Transexual that these people ever see.
Regards, Terri

Whitehall, PA

#2 Apr 25, 2013
I totally agree. I'm a RN who just happens to be trans. The more people get to know us, the less they will believe the cultural stereotype

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Battle over transgender bathrooms heats up in T... 2 min TerriB1 1
News Group: Terre Haute scores low on LGBT index 2 hr sure 9
News Texas small businesses to Dan Patrick: Back off... 2 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 7
News Roommate pleads guilty to charge in Rutgers web... 2 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 3
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 4 hr Rockyourworld69 2,284
News Woman says Oprah told her to set fire 4 hr Parkerson 2
massage in khobar or massage 4 hr anonymous 37
More from around the web