Massachusetts governor to sign anti-b...

Massachusetts governor to sign anti-bullying bill

There are 19 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Apr 24, 2014, titled Massachusetts governor to sign anti-bullying bill. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Gov. Deval Patrick is planning to sign a bill designed to build on the state's 2010 anti-bullying law by strengthening protections for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students and students with disabilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#1 Apr 24, 2014
If you want to find civilization in America Massachusetts is THE place to go .. even their library books are cleaner and well-cared for than anywhere else in the world - an infallible sign of superiority . . .

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Apr 25, 2014
""""The 2010 law was designed to crack down on bullying and cyberbullying and require schools to establish anti-bullying programs.The new bill would create a data collection and reporting mechanism designed to help educators, administrators and legislators identify trends and respond to them.Schools would be required to report bullying data annually to education officials. The statistics would be passed on to the attorney general and lawmakers.""" "

What about the parents? Why are they not part of the solution? The government wants to take away all responsibility away from the people who are responsible for the bullies and act like they can fix the problem.

The government acts like the parents have no responsibility for raising their own children.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Apr 25, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
""""The 2010 law was designed to crack down on bullying and cyberbullying and require schools to establish anti-bullying programs.The new bill would create a data collection and reporting mechanism designed to help educators, administrators and legislators identify trends and respond to them.Schools would be required to report bullying data annually to education officials. The statistics would be passed on to the attorney general and lawmakers.""" "
What about the parents? Why are they not part of the solution? The government wants to take away all responsibility away from the people who are responsible for the bullies and act like they can fix the problem.
The government acts like the parents have no responsibility for raising their own children.
The Congress has a 13% approval rating. They make the laws that control us. They tax things to control us. In this state, under Governor Patrick, just about every tax and fee went up 25% or more. He added another $1 to the cigarette tax to be used to fund the public transportation system. You can't even use tobacco products on public transportation. But the tax will make it harder for teens to afford cigarettes. He said that the sales tax was raised only 1.25%. He must have failed in arithmetic or he's lying. It was 5% and it went to 6.25%. My school taught me that was a 25% increase.
Fire in Odessa

Huntington, MA

#4 Apr 25, 2014
Massachusetts is a combination of Fascism, Bolshevism, and Marxism all wrapped up into one. The govt IS the bully.
Threesome who are married now conceiving a child.
Fire in Odessa

Huntington, MA

#5 Apr 25, 2014
The Berserkshire beagle is a selective reporting news print puppet of trash. In 2012 this paper may or may not have refused letters printed to the editor, possibly, or maybe, expressing disdain for a young lady who may or may not have run Peter Moore over, while possibly, or maybe after leaving a party earlier on a cold dark December night leaving him for dead while the dog he was walking lay by his side on the cold dark pavement. MAYBE!

Democracy? Truth?
There is no truth and there are no lines any more.
Unless,,,,,,,you are "Connected".

“Bad”

Since: Apr 14

The United States of America

#6 Apr 25, 2014
But Gays, etc etc etc are supposed to be humiliated. How else will they know how wrong they are!
Fire in Odessa

Huntington, MA

#7 Apr 25, 2014
Bad Finger wrote:
But Gays, etc etc etc are supposed to be humiliated. How else will they know how wrong they are!
Without they would be lonely and the power that they crave and receive from this fascist govt will be their undoing. Self destruction.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#8 Apr 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The Congress has a 13% approval rating. They make the laws that control us. They tax things to control us. In this state, under Governor Patrick, just about every tax and fee went up 25% or more. He added another $1 to the cigarette tax to be used to fund the public transportation system. You can't even use tobacco products on public transportation. But the tax will make it harder for teens to afford cigarettes. He said that the sales tax was raised only 1.25%. He must have failed in arithmetic or he's lying. It was 5% and it went to 6.25%. My school taught me that was a 25% increase.
And, of course, you've noticed all the high tech companies fleeing Massachusetts clutching their pocketbooks. And you've noticed all the students who can't wait to leave Taxachussetts for such wonderful low-tax locales as Tallahassee and Emporia. Fortunately for Massachusetts, once innocent students are lured to the state by it's well-regarded schools, they are stuck living there and paying taxes because Governor Patrick's wall prevents them escaping to more-attractive cities that lack public transit, arts, and culture.

It always amazes me how people fail to notice. That people actually WANT to live in such overtaxed cities as Boston, New York, and San Francisco. Evidently, people who live there appreciate the benefits of living in those cities more than they mind the taxes and high costs.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Apr 26, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
And, of course, you've noticed all the high tech companies fleeing Massachusetts clutching their pocketbooks. And you've noticed all the students who can't wait to leave Taxachussetts for such wonderful low-tax locales as Tallahassee and Emporia. Fortunately for Massachusetts, once innocent students are lured to the state by it's well-regarded schools, they are stuck living there and paying taxes because Governor Patrick's wall prevents them escaping to more-attractive cities that lack public transit, arts, and culture.
It always amazes me how people fail to notice. That people actually WANT to live in such overtaxed cities as Boston, New York, and San Francisco. Evidently, people who live there appreciate the benefits of living in those cities more than they mind the taxes and high costs.
It amazes me too, that people actually want to live in Boston. The population of Boston is less than 10% of the state. Public transportation is a good deal for those who use it, most people in the state don't but they all have to pay for it. Most all of the "well regarded" schools are private, Massachusetts can take no credit for those.

Littleton, NH

#10 Apr 26, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me too, that people actually want to live in Boston. The population of Boston is less than 10% of the state. Public transportation is a good deal for those who use it, most people in the state don't but they all have to pay for it. Most all of the "well regarded" schools are private, Massachusetts can take no credit for those.
Wondering, there's no need to remind us that you choose to be a bitter ignoramus. We've been well aware of yor character for a long time now.

Location hidden

#11 Apr 26, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering, there's no need to remind us that you choose to be a bitter ignoramus. We've been well aware of yor character for a long time now.
Your post just proved that you can not deal with the facts but instead only know how to call people names. How about a little decency from you?

Littleton, NH

#12 Apr 26, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post just proved that you can not deal with the facts but instead only know how to call people names. How about a little decency from you?
Both you and Wondering have been afforded far more decency than you deserve. I'm not even going to bother recounting your offensive posts.

Location hidden

#13 Apr 26, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Both you and Wondering have been afforded far more decency than you deserve. I'm not even going to bother recounting your offensive posts.
When you say things that are wrong and you are corrected it is not an attack not should you be offended by being corrected, only low IQ authoritarians are offended by being corrected.

The reason you aren't going to recount an alleged offensive post is because there are none. You and what ever his name is this hour think everyone who comes here is only interested in insulting and offending other people and that is not true.

I have lived with a gay male my whole entire life, ever since we invited him to live with us as a child because his homophobic father abused him. So don't tell me I offend gays, I slept with a gay until I graduated from High School. And in case the commie Comrade peter1313 is reading this, I graduated from a GIC AKA a Public High School.

Littleton, NH

#14 Apr 26, 2014
[QUOTE who="Reverend Alan
The reason you aren't going to recount an alleged offensive post is because there are none. You and what ever his name is this hour think everyone who comes here is only interested in insulting and offending other people and that is not true.[/QUOTE]
There is hardly any point in my recounting to you what you yourself wrote. You are obviously even more self-absorbed [and not as bright as] BS Detector. But the rest of us have read the insults and falsehoods that permeate your posts, so no proof is required.
I have lived with a gay male my whole entire life, ever since we invited him to live with us as a child because his homophobic father abused him. So don't tell me I offend gays, I slept with a gay until I graduated from High School. And in case the commie Comrade peter1313 is reading this, I graduated from a GIC AKA a Public High School.
You offend everyone. I never said there was anything special about gays.

Your biggest problem is your assumption that we live in a world where people behave far better than they do in the world we actually live in. It's reached the point of religious fervor, reap quirking complete suspension of reality for you. You are every bit as credible as James Dobson or Pat Robertson. So prattle on. We know what to do with the words of ideologues.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#15 Apr 27, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
Your biggest problem is your assumption that we live in a world where people behave far better than they do in the world we actually live in.
Your biggest problem is you believe they don't. The reality is that most people are basically good, honest, hard working, care for their families as well as others. Maybe it's only natural that you focus on a minority because you're part of one.

Littleton, NH

#16 Apr 27, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Your biggest problem is you believe they don't. The reality is that most people are basically good, honest, hard working, care for their families as well as others. Maybe it's only natural that you focus on a minority because you're part of one.
I absolutely believe that the vast majority are good, considerate, and well-meaning. Indeed, when I lived between Fields Corner and Codman Square, I rode trains daily and shopped with thousands of good people who worked very hard and struggled to keep their homes looking nice and their families fed. I know first hand that, even in the neighborhoods with the worst reputations, people are basically good.

But it doesn't take many to make the world unpleasant or unsafe for the rest of us.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#17 Apr 27, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely believe that the vast majority are good, considerate, and well-meaning. Indeed, when I lived between Fields Corner and Codman Square, I rode trains daily and shopped with thousands of good people who worked very hard and struggled to keep their homes looking nice and their families fed. I know first hand that, even in the neighborhoods with the worst reputations, people are basically good.
But it doesn't take many to make the world unpleasant or unsafe for the rest of us.
It's those damned gangs and street punks I tell you.

Littleton, NH

#18 Apr 28, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It's those damned gangs and street punks I tell you.
Most of those street punks are raised by people who are trying very hard to live by the rules themselves. I've seen well-off kids with educated parents turn into street punks. I've also seen kids whose single mother works two or three jobs and can't afford baby sitters turn into street punks as well as put themselves through college.

There are problems we need to address as a society. We'll never eliminate all undesirable behavior. There will always be punks. But at least we can provide opportunities better than becoming a street punk.

How much would it cost to send capable people to college for free? How much does it cost to keep them in prison?[More than most families earn.]
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19 May 2, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
How much would it cost to send capable people to college for free?]
In my world, nothing is free and most of the people in prison were never college capable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Horsham Rural City Council meeting | Live 15 min Location Detective 1
News Meet Valentina Sampaio, the first ever transgen... 1 hr Yogibreeze 2
News The Women's March On Washington Is Nothing But ... 1 hr inbred Genius 13
News Tupelo mother, son featured on LGBT video 3 hr Daily Journal Boys 23
News LGBTQ summit in Colorado Springs raises concern... Sat Shirvell s Shrivel 1
News A Trans Woman Pressing Charges Against Her Abus... Sat Quirky 38
News Larry Wilmore Schools Milo YiannopoulosBy Marlo... Sat Shirvell s Shrivel 1
More from around the web