Jack Reese, Gay Utah Teen, Commits Su...

Jack Reese, Gay Utah Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Being Subjected To Bullying In School

There are 156 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Apr 29, 2012, titled Jack Reese, Gay Utah Teen, Commits Suicide After Allegedly Being Subjected To Bullying In School. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

Though details of the 17-year-old Reese's suicide are scarce, his boyfriend Alex Smith spoke frankly about the repeated bullying the teen had experienced at school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

Rich

Sebastian, FL

#142 May 1, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
Have there been around 11 suicides like this since 2011? There has probably been 15 since 2010. Most of it seems to happen in conservative, bible belt states.
Those numbers,if accurate, hardly seem excessive. Certainly not out of the normal range one would expect in that age group as a whole.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#143 May 1, 2012
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>Well whatever, we can only hope more young people like Jack will follow in his foot steps.
What a lovely christian attitude. Aren't you just a regular Mother Teresa.....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#144 May 1, 2012
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>When two of these perverts dance how do they decide which one leads?
You "lead" only in slow dancing. Like heteros actually know how to do that, right?

I mean, just WATCH them! Heteros today just hang on each other and sort of totter back and forth ... that is when they aren't spazzing out to some thunderous cacaphony for the terminally tonedeaf.

From an age where "leading" mattered:

Christian Fumblementalist

Cheltenham, PA

#145 May 1, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely christian attitude. Aren't you just a regular Mother Teresa.....
Why would you reply as though anything but pure hate would be expected from him?

It just doesn't compute. What would he care about an xstain attitude?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#146 May 1, 2012
ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Demonstrate is not proof. I am sorry that he choose to kill himself, no matter what the reason. There is no joy in the death of anyone.
Wrong, demonstration is the most solid proof, hard evidence, and actually the best method for advancement and learning. Unlike statistics it's not collected with bias, it's not influenced with personal prejudice. The number can be misread based on personal prejudice but other scientists will perform the study and eventually come to the same results of the study will be discarded. This is what happened to the claim that homosexuality is a mental disorder, no one else was able to verify this, and no one else was able to come to the same conclusion using the same methods.

Currently, homophobes being closet gay is a hypothesis, but this is the first time such an assertion on the topic has been made with evidence derived from a repeatable and testable method. Thus, demonstration is the gateway to fact.
Christian Fumblementalist

Cheltenham, PA

#147 May 1, 2012
"Demonstrate is not proof" is not a comprehensible phrase. You're dealing with a functional idiot, aka, homophobic bigot.

Since: Jan 12

Huntington, WV

#148 May 1, 2012
Adults are paid to help kids be successful in school. Bullying affects grades and drop out rates and causes emotional trauma that lasts for life. If these people won't do their job and take bullying of any kind deadly serious they need to go. Parents should insist their kids have a safe place to prepare for their futures.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#149 May 1, 2012
Christian Fumblementalist wrote:
"Demonstrate is not proof" is not a comprehensible phrase. You're dealing with a functional idiot, aka, homophobic bigot.
Sadly, I can understand their words, I use to preach to these people before I broke away from my mother's poisonous claws.

Location hidden

#150 May 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I can understand their words, I use to preach to these people before I broke away from my mother's poisonous claws.
Which flavor?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#151 May 1, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Which flavor?
Mormon. The ones with the least excuse to be bigots, yet are the loudest ones today.
Curtis Lowe

United States

#152 May 2, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad you never went to a prom. I can't see you wanting to give another person any joy. However, a tight ass like you, the idea of anyone girl saying "yes" to you for the prom is likely impossible.
"No, Curtis, I do NOT want to go 'dutch' to the prom! And I do NOT want to go on the handlebars of your bike, and the idea of us dressing as Star Trek characters is NOT my idea of a good time."
That was a weird response. You're not one of "them" too, are you?
Curtis Lowe

United States

#153 May 2, 2012
Spike wrote:
<quoted text>When two of these perverts dance how do they decide which one leads?
Thankfully, I wouldn't know. We don't have a whole lot of freaks here in Texas.

Location hidden

#154 May 2, 2012
Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a weird response. You're not one of "them" too, are you?
He's on his second pitcher.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#155 May 2, 2012
Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
However bigots like you are a dying breed in Texas now, thankfully.

Location hidden

#156 May 2, 2012
Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing exceptional, eh. Just the bland, unimaginitive norm.

Is that why Texans have to be bigoted braggarts, throw so much money around, get drunk and go out and shoot one of God's pets? To feel that they're alive at all?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#157 May 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
However bigots like you are a dying breed in Texas now, thankfully.
One can only hope. Austin?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#158 May 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
One can only hope. Austin?
Haven't been there in a few years, to Texas that is, however they did an experiment with gay bashing, and oddly, Texans stood up for the gay couple more than some of the other states they did the experiment in. It almost destroyed all my prejudice for Texans.

Location hidden

#159 May 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't been there in a few years, to Texas that is, however they did an experiment with gay bashing, and oddly, Texans stood up for the gay couple more than some of the other states they did the experiment in. It almost destroyed all my prejudice for Texans.
I read that "almost". lol

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#160 May 2, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas has some real extremes. There are many fine Texans, excluding most who post on Topix.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#161 May 2, 2012
Curtis Lowe wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why beastialty is legal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... 6 hr C Kersey 5
News New Castle students plan silent show of support... (Apr '07) 7 hr F c k the fa g s 10
News State investigation reveals discrimination at O... 9 hr The Troll Stopper 10
News LGBTQ representation in film fell in 2017, acco... 15 hr Pence of Tides 3
News Transgender Detainees Face Challenges in Broken... (May '12) 19 hr Guest 12
News Transgender people in Iran face discrimination ... 20 hr Pence of Tides 7
News The Fight for LGBT Equality in 2018 Will Be Fierce May 21 FART FRANK 135