Oklahoma Judge Cites Bible in Denying...

Oklahoma Judge Cites Bible in Denying Transgender Name Changes

There are 2 comments on the Advocate story from Sep 16, 2012, titled Oklahoma Judge Cites Bible in Denying Transgender Name Changes. In it, Advocate reports that:

An Oklahoma judge has stirred controversy with decisions not allowing transgender people to change their names legally, claiming they are making the changes for "fraudulent" purposes, in violation of state law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advocate.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Jeesus Chryst! What in hell is this jerk trying to do? Only in Oklahoma! I know many republican judges who would routinely grant these name changes.
( PSSSSST God doesn't Care!) The verses he was quoting aren't even Christian, It's archaic Judaism! Nothing in the Old Testament has anything to do with Christianity! Or much to do with modern day Judaism either, for that matter! Furthermore, In Matthew 19:12, Jesus sanctified us (Eunuchs). Familarize yourself with the whole bible, not just the Old Tesament's damnations. BTW, I'm a Christian, Republican and Transexual and I repudiate everything Hizzoner said or ruled!
Regards, Terri
Angel Nicole

Cleveland, OH

#2 Sep 17, 2012
TerryE wrote:
Jeesus Chryst! What in hell is this jerk trying to do? Only in Oklahoma! I know many republican judges who would routinely grant these name changes.
( PSSSSST God doesn't Care!) The verses he was quoting aren't even Christian, It's archaic Judaism! Nothing in the Old Testament has anything to do with Christianity! Or much to do with modern day Judaism either, for that matter! Furthermore, In Matthew 19:12, Jesus sanctified us (Eunuchs). Familarize yourself with the whole bible, not just the Old Tesament's damnations. BTW, I'm a Christian, Republican and Transexual and I repudiate everything Hizzoner said or ruled!
Regards, Terri
I wonder what his excuse would be if the individuals picked a name that could be either male or female.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 1 hr spud 7
News Anti-transgender bus sparks protests as it visi... 9 hr TerriB1 39
News After outcry, an LGBT survey question is restor... 13 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 7
News Joe Biden to LGBT gala: 'Hold President Trump a... 19 hr Carmine 6
News Transgender North Carolina Musical, the Body Po... 21 hr TerriB1 1
News Say a noa to anti-transgender bathroom initiati... 21 hr TerriB1 3
News Orlando: 'Hearts and minds changed' Jun 20 Frankie Rizzo 18
More from around the web