Highlighting Our Heroes in the Fight for Transgender Rights

Nov 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FavStocks

As Transgender Awareness Week 2012 concludes, today we feature three of our heroic clients who've made our work to end discrimination against transgender people possible.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

These are not heros!(Heroines) These are foot soldiers! Grunts in the trenches! The real heros and heroines frequently are dead! Like Gwen Araujo or Angie Zapata Or they're more like Lynn Conway, Sylvia Rivera, Virginia Prince or Phyllis Randolph Frey! People who been burned by society and made significant changes IN A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT! No one whose seen the evolution of Transgenderism from a Indictable offense to a tolerated situation can honestly call this hostile as it is now. Yes, I know there's some small incidents, I don't deny it, but go back and study the situation prior to say 1980. I could have been arrested and thrown in the "Drunk Tank" and my screams would not have been heard or answered! From there, I would have been held on some specious charge or remanded to the county asylum for an unspecified amount of time. There I would have been legally tortured with all sorts of treatments from cold wet sheets to a possible lobotomy. It was tough to be a TS in those days!
Regards, Terri

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

There are no heroes until the victims stop dying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Top in dammam looking for filipino bottom 1 hr ray202man 17
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 1 hr nomi 12,016
Pelosi backs gay-rights bill despite concerns 2 hr WasteWater 6
Trans Lobby Day to Bring Awareness to Capitol Hill 3 hr Jumper The wise 8
olderfor me 7 hr hot n sexy top 6
Cross Dressing (Oct '06) 8 hr EDDIE T 85
Looking for bottom philipino in Jubail (Jan '13) 8 hr HotTopJubail 169
•••
•••