'CeCe' McDonald freed after 19 months...

'CeCe' McDonald freed after 19 months in prison for killing Mpls. bar patron

There are 36 comments on the Star Tribune story from Jan 13, 2014, titled 'CeCe' McDonald freed after 19 months in prison for killing Mpls. bar patron. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

The admitted killer of a bar patron during a racially charged rumble late at night on a Minneapolis street was released Monday after being imprisoned for 19 months of a 3A1 2-year sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tru Dat

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 14, 2014
This is so disgusting! Two years for cold blooded murder. But because he is a cross dresser, he gets to claim victim status. The original sentence was bad enough, but then he gets off 5 months early. I guess if you want to get away with murder, dress as the opposite sex.
Hans

Vienna, Austria

#3 Jan 14, 2014
FTA
“She’s looking good and had a lovely return trip home to be with her close buds and family. Anderson said a welcome home party was planned for Saturday night at Intermedia Arts in Minneapolis, where “people can check her out. She may do a little performance,”

Isn't that special. He murders someone and is scott free after 10 months just because he's a [email protected] that dresses in women's clothes.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#4 Jan 14, 2014
Tru Dat wrote:
This is so disgusting! Two years for cold blooded murder. But because he is a cross dresser, he gets to claim victim status. The original sentence was bad enough, but then he gets off 5 months early. I guess if you want to get away with murder, dress as the opposite sex.
What would you call someone who yells bigoted slurs at a person? No doubt McDonald was acting in self defense. LGBT people have been murdered, insulted, and face discrimination on a daily basis. Where is your outrage over that?

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tru Dat

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 14, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>What would you call someone who yells bigoted slurs at a person? No doubt McDonald was acting in self defense. LGBT people have been murdered, insulted, and face discrimination on a daily basis. Where is your outrage over that?
You don't know what you're talking about. It wasn't self defense or HE wouldn't have gone to prison. Mr. CeCe attacked the victim's girlfriend and when he (the victim) came to her defense Mr. CeCe pulled a scissors from HIS purse and stabbed him to death. On CeCe's facebook page, before he left home on the night of the incident, he posted that he was mad and was going to F someone up.(his words) So, not only was it murder, it was pre-meditated. May he rot in Hell!

Judged:

11

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pierre

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jan 14, 2014
I bet CeCe had the time of his life in prison.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#11 Jan 15, 2014
Tru Dat wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what you're talking about. It wasn't self defense or HE wouldn't have gone to prison. Mr. CeCe attacked the victim's girlfriend and when he (the victim) came to her defense Mr. CeCe pulled a scissors from HIS purse and stabbed him to death. On CeCe's facebook page, before he left home on the night of the incident, he posted that he was mad and was going to F someone up.(his words) So, not only was it murder, it was pre-meditated. May he rot in Hell!
You don't know what YOU'RE talking about. Read the article a little more carefully, dumb*ss. The "victim" and his bigot buddies started the whole incident in the first d*mn place by yelling bigoted slurs. And the woman injured McDonald's face, which a doctor had to sew with stitches. It's HILARIOUS when bigoted a**holes like YOU try to cry "victim" no matter what the set of circumstances are. And one more thing, bigot....there is a difference between a transexual and a homosexual. Read a book for once in your life.

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tru Dat

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 17, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know what YOU'RE talking about. Read the article a little more carefully, dumb*ss. The "victim" and his bigot buddies started the whole incident in the first d*mn place by yelling bigoted slurs. And the woman injured McDonald's face, which a doctor had to sew with stitches. It's HILARIOUS when bigoted a**holes like YOU try to cry "victim" no matter what the set of circumstances are. And one more thing, bigot....there is a difference between a transexual and a homosexual. Read a book for once in your life.
You have lost all credibility by not being able to post a comment without name-calling and cursing. Then you actually think you have the right to attack and murder people for "yelling bigoted slurs." And, where in my comments did I say anything about homosexuals? I also have never cried victim, and I read more books in a week than you have in your entire life.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 18, 2014
Tru Dat wrote:
<quoted text>
You have lost all credibility by not being able to post a comment without name-calling and cursing. Then you actually think you have the right to attack and murder people for "yelling bigoted slurs." And, where in my comments did I say anything about homosexuals? I also have never cried victim, and I read more books in a week than you have in your entire life.
I never said that anybody has the right to attack and murder anybody....I said that McDonald was acting in SELF DEFENSE. There's a difference. And this man's death, tragic as it is, is a drop in the bucket compared to the countless LGBT's who have been killed WORLDWIDE simply for being who they are. But you think a sin is a thousand times worse when an LGBT commits one, right? McDonald was acting in self defense, which he had every right to do.
Tru Dat

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 20, 2014
LGBTs suck iky things wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was SELF DEFENSE then why did HE go to jail?
Also, the article states; McDonald and his group of friends CROSSED THE STREET TO CONFRONT THE BAR PATRONS! They started the fight, that's why the girl who smashed a glass in 'CeCe's' face didn't go to jail and he did. What a travesty of justice that he isn't in prison for life.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#18 Jan 20, 2014
Tru Dat wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, the article states; McDonald and his group of friends CROSSED THE STREET TO CONFRONT THE BAR PATRONS! They started the fight, that's why the girl who smashed a glass in 'CeCe's' face didn't go to jail and he did. What a travesty of justice that he isn't in prison for life.
If he went to prison for 19 months instead of life, then there is a reason. And the bar patrons STARTED IT BY YELLING HATEFUL INSULTS! But your fairy tale version of this story fits your anti LGBT agenda, so keep repeating it to convince yourself it's really true.
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jan 20, 2014
CeCe is a twisted, insane, uncivil, maybe even EVIL LOSER, who should be locked up in a straightjacket. It's a good thing that "CeCe" didn't harm anyone who I know and care about, that's all I can say.
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Jan 20, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that anybody has the right to attack and murder anybody....I said that McDonald was acting in SELF DEFENSE. There's a difference. And this man's death, tragic as it is, is a drop in the bucket compared to the countless LGBT's who have been killed WORLDWIDE simply for being who they are. But you think a sin is a thousand times worse when an LGBT commits one, right? McDonald was acting in self defense, which he had every right to do.
McDonald did NOT act in "self-defense" has "he/she" could NEVER CLAIM that "his/her" life was EVER in danger. McDonald just didn't like what as being said about him/her, and thought that he/she had the right to take someone else's life over a few unkind words. It was PROVEN in a COURT OF LAW.
Putin

Dallas, TX

#22 Jan 20, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>What would you call someone who yells bigoted slurs at a person? No doubt McDonald was acting in self defense. LGBT people have been murdered, insulted, and face discrimination on a daily basis. Where is your outrage over that?
I often ask myself, "how would the Germans have handled this?"
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Jan 21, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>If he went to prison for 19 months instead of life, then there is a reason. And the bar patrons STARTED IT BY YELLING HATEFUL INSULTS! But your fairy tale version of this story fits your anti LGBT agenda, so keep repeating it to convince yourself it's really true.
I guess that you don't know SHIT about the law, or what constitutes "legal self defense", do you?

SO WHAT if someone yelled "hateful" insults... It doesn't give you ANY RIGHT to KILL THEM.
If you don't like it so much, and you think that a crime was committed, call the cops.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#24 Jan 22, 2014
digger wrote:
CeCe is a twisted, insane, uncivil, maybe even EVIL LOSER, who should be locked up in a straightjacket. It's a good thing that "CeCe" didn't harm anyone who I know and care about, that's all I can say.
Cece's REAL crime is that he is an LGBT....we both know that, now don't we? You bigots are full of excuses and lies when a bigot is convicted of killing an LGBT, like in the Matthew Sheppard case, but when an LGBT acts in self defense MY oh MY how you hit the roof. Your double standards are laughable and pathetic.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#27 Jan 22, 2014
Stewart wrote:
<quoted text>
Cece's REAL crime is that HE is a MURDERER
Whatever fits your anti LGBT agenda, right?
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#28 Jan 22, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever fits your anti LGBT agenda, right?
Do you know where a Copy of the "anti LBGT agenda" can be found?

I would like to read a copy of the document so that I can be certain to never offend any BGLT Persons. Murder, theft, rape, sodomy, public debauchery and all other failings of the Human Condition, MUST be ignored if the offender is TLGB!
(Or if the offender is a Member in Good Standing with any Officially Recognized Victim Groups in Amerika today!)

Is there a Web Page you can direct me to?
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#29 Jan 22, 2014
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know where a Copy of the "anti LBGT agenda" can be found?
I would like to read a copy of the document so that I can be certain to never offend any BGLT Persons. Murder, theft, rape, sodomy, public debauchery and all other failings of the Human Condition, MUST be ignored if the offender is TLGB!
(Or if the offender is a Member in Good Standing with any Officially Recognized Victim Groups in Amerika today!)
Is there a Web Page you can direct me to?
Wrong. If it is proven in a court of law that an LGBT person is guilty of ANY crime, that person should go to prison just like any other person convicted of a crime. No person should be above the law. You have to look at all the FACTS of any criminal case, that's how the justice system works in this country. If CeCe was given a 19 month sentence instead of a harsher sentence, then there is a reason for it.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

#30 Jan 22, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever fits your anti LGBT agenda, right?
By the way,

TGLBT Folks are just as "normal" as any other Human Being that desires to mutilate the body they were born with to be something they are not........"They were born this way".

God Bless the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the outcomes we live with in Amerika today!
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#31 Jan 22, 2014
Consistent wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way,
TGLBT Folks are just as "normal" as any other Human Being that desires to mutilate the body they were born with to be something they are not........"They were born this way".
God Bless the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the outcomes we live with in Amerika today!
Why are you ignoring my last post?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 African Americans named Rhodes scholars, mos... 21 min CodeTalker 53
News Theoa s journey: A transgender child at war wit... 5 hr Rick Santpornum 3
News Apology to Canadians persecuted for being gay c... 5 hr Rick Santpornum 8
News Gay pride fills Buenos Aires streets 5 hr Rick Santpornum 6
News Some firsts among 32 US students picked as Rhod... 15 hr TerriB1 5
News Transgender teacher discussion open to parents ... (Aug '06) Sun C Kersey 18
News College Fraternity to Accept Transgender Members (May '06) Sun C Kersey 3
More from around the web