Op-ed: Why Are Narratives Around Transgender People Always So Negative?

Feb 11, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Advocate

People gather for a vigil for slain transgender woman Islan Nettles at Jackie Robinson Park on August 27, 2013 in New York City.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 11, 2014
 
Simple, Cisgendered people think it will "Catch on" and become a fad. not likely! But their lack of understanding is what motivates them.
Regards, Terri
Wake Up

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 11, 2014
 
Read about epigenetics, a new finding that genes are quite suseptable to spontaneous change. Chemicals like aluminum, formaldehyde and mercury plus others can do it. All are vaccine ingredients injected unnaturally into developing infants. All 3 are endocrine system disruptors. So guess why transgenderism/ gender confusion is growing? So its preferable to blame these victims than take responsibility for causing them. Its called misinformation.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 11, 2014
 
I'm not sure that it is growing! More are visible, it's true, but are there any more than years ago? I don't know. For a good historical snapshot, we must look at India. The Hijra,(Transgender eunuchs) have existed there for more than two thousand years. Are their numbers climbing? I don't know. but I doubt they're any appreciable increase in percentage over what they were in the past.(Today, about 1 to 2 million) Google Hijra. That being said, I doubt a genetic cause for this. I have read of a study , in Holland I believe, where some structures in the brain were found to be at fault.
Regards, Terri
Wake Up wrote:
Read about epigenetics, a new finding that genes are quite suseptable to spontaneous change. Chemicals like aluminum, formaldehyde and mercury plus others can do it. All are vaccine ingredients injected unnaturally into developing infants. All 3 are endocrine system disruptors. So guess why transgenderism/ gender confusion is growing? So its preferable to blame these victims than take responsibility for causing them. Its called misinformation.
a little help here

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 11, 2014
 
TerryE wrote:
I'm not sure that it is growing! More are visible, it's true, but are there any more than years ago? I don't know. For a good historical snapshot, we must look at India. The Hijra,(Transgender eunuchs) have existed there for more than two thousand years. Are their numbers climbing? I don't know. but I doubt they're any appreciable increase in percentage over what they were in the past.(Today, about 1 to 2 million) Google Hijra. That being said, I doubt a genetic cause for this. I have read of a study , in Holland I believe, where some structures in the brain were found to be at fault.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Do you know what a eunuch is? They've had their parts cut off, hardly gender confusion. And don't you get that gene mutation alters the brain? Its always been caused by chemical/heavy metal right from the first recorded history. Why? Because of crude pottery and metal used to cook, store food and make wine in. It leached metals into the food and every person indulged. We had mercury in paint and gasoline even children's medicines. Open up your mind.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 12, 2014
 
Yes, I get it! Jesus talked of eunuchs in the Bible, Matthew, 19:12. There were no words for Gay and Trans, so they were called "eunuchs".Greek for a "Tree without fruit". When the male body is deprived of it's Testosterone, it's feminizes it's self which should explain why a Trans. person of the first century would castrate himself. It got them as close as they could come to being female. I have a feeling that we've spoken before and you strongly believe in a external cause. Since we don't know what the cause is, maybe you're right! But I doubt it. that would not explain why one child out , say four in a family, is Trans and the others are not despite a similar environment.
Regards, Terri
a little help here wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know what a eunuch is? They've had their parts cut off, hardly gender confusion. And don't you get that gene mutation alters the brain? Its always been caused by chemical/heavy metal right from the first recorded history. Why? Because of crude pottery and metal used to cook, store food and make wine in. It leached metals into the food and every person indulged. We had mercury in paint and gasoline even children's medicines. Open up your mind.
OHH

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 12, 2014
 
TerryE wrote:
Yes, I get it! Jesus talked of eunuchs in the Bible, Matthew, 19:12. There were no words for Gay and Trans, so they were called "eunuchs".Greek for a "Tree without fruit". When the male body is deprived of it's Testosterone, it's feminizes it's self which should explain why a Trans. person of the first century would castrate himself. It got them as close as they could come to being female. I have a feeling that we've spoken before and you strongly believe in a external cause. Since we don't know what the cause is, maybe you're right! But I doubt it. that would not explain why one child out , say four in a family, is Trans and the others are not despite a similar environment.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
epigenetics is a growing hypothesis that makes sense. Its an injury process that would not alter all, but the suseptable. It would be applicable to any time in history and has external causes, like metal exposure. Why does one family member have cancer, heart attack etc, there is individuallity in illness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••