Being Transgender Is No Longer a Disorder

Dec 3, 2012 Full story: Slate Magazine 208

A transsexual person displays a poster with the picture of a transsexual person who was murdered in Uruguay.

Full Story

“Even an Ice Princess can melt.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#125 Dec 11, 2012
Vaccines Maim Kill wrote:
<quoted text> PALEASE I know doctors and nurses personally. They have no special knowledge about vaccines. They aren't researchers and don't make them. They know what they are told and they know how to inject which a chimp could do. I know your type you won't believe anyway. A congressional hearing again last week and a vaccine injury compensation program exist in your country, but vaccines are safe? Open your eyes.
I know what I read In Scientific studies. Peer reviewed reproducible studies.

Location hidden

#126 Dec 11, 2012
Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
<quoted text> What an imbecile. If I could explain these things I'd be the most popular man since J.C. Why don't you explain it all, oh yeah you can't either. But asking me to proves what? It proves you're an imbecile, thats all.
Of course the fact that he cant explain them Means your absolutely and undeniably right. However the fact that you cant is a minor issue right?

Location hidden

#127 Dec 11, 2012
Here let me give you a little abstract reading from the Pediatric infectious disease journal. Published in May of 2010.

Lack of Association Between Measles-Mumps-Rubella Vaccination and Autism in Children: A Case-Control Study

Mro&#380;ek-Budzyn, Dorota PhD; Kie&#322;tyka, Agnieszka PhD; Majewska, Renata MSc

Objective: The first objective of the study was to determine whether there is a relationship between the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccination and autism in children. The second objective was to examine whether the risk of autism differs between use of MMR and the single measles vaccine.

Design: Case-control study.

Study Population: The 96 cases with childhood or atypical autism, aged 2 to 15, were included into the study group. Controls consisted of 192 children individually matched to cases by year of birth, sex, and general practitioners.

Methods: Data on autism diagnosis and vaccination history were from physicians. Data on the other probable autism risk factors were collected from mothers. Logistic conditional regression was used to assess the risk of autism resulting from vaccination. Assessment was made for children vaccinated (1) Before diagnosis of autism, and (2) Before first symptoms of autism onset. Odds ratios were adjusted to mother's age, medication during pregnancy, gestation time, perinatal injury and Apgar score.

Results: For children vaccinated before diagnosis, autism risk was lower in children vaccinated with MMR than in the nonvaccinated (OR: 0.17, 95% CI: 0.06–0.52) as well as to vaccinated with single measles vaccine (OR: 0.44, 95% CI: 0.22–0.91). The risk for vaccinated versus nonvaccinated (independent of vaccine type) was 0.28 (95% CI: 0.10–0.76). The risk connected with being vaccinated before onset of first symptoms was significantly lower only for MMR versus single vaccine (OR: 0.47, 95% CI: 0.22–0.99).

Conclusions: The study provides evidence against the association of autism with either MMR or a single measles vaccine.

Location hidden

#128 Dec 11, 2012
So according the the research those who get the MMR vaccine actually have less of a chance of developing autism.

Also this article follows APA guidelines in the fact that it is published within the last 3 years.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#130 Dec 11, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>That tends to happen with single issue obsessed zealots. They are right, you are wrong, no fact, logic nor reason need apply and when they try to, they get pissy.
See this guy GETS IT. Now the rest of you follow the leader.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#131 Dec 11, 2012
friend wrote:
No big surprise, as predicted, Winnipeg as a high education in insults, attacks and attention-seeking behaviors, but has no education in what he's trying to give misinfo about.
Ever thought about thinking BEFORE posting?
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#132 Dec 11, 2012
Roisia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what I read In Scientific studies. Peer reviewed reproducible studies.
Name them and post links where we caqn read them. Maybe you also know research is biased, bought and paid for, altered, ghost written, and fraudulent.
Whonoz

Muskegon, MI

#133 Dec 11, 2012
If I walked around on all fours, purring and licking myself, because I believed I was a cat, I’d be committed to an insane asylum. If I stood still on the grass with my arms stretched out swaying in the breeze cause I thought I was a tree, I’d be thrown into the mad house. So how come if I put on a dress and make up, take estrogen pills, wear heels and carry a purse, cause I think I’m a woman, I’m not crazy?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#134 Dec 11, 2012
See this guy GETS IT. Now the rest of you follow the leader.
If they are to follow their leader, their leader says to continue to let you know what an intellectually, informationally, emotionally, maturity challenged zealot you really are. I find it fun to make fun of deranged individuals who have maleducated themselves into blithering ignorance, that's why I get you, sweetie.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#135 Dec 11, 2012
Roisia wrote:
Here let me give you a little abstract reading from the Pediatric infectious disease journal. Published in May of 2010.
Lack of Association Between Measles-Mumps-Rubella Vaccination and Autism in Children: A Case-Control Study
Mro&#380;ek-Budzyn, Dorota PhD; Kie&#322;tyka, Agnieszka PhD; Majewska, Renata MSc
Objective: The first objective of the study was to determine whether there is a relationship between the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccination and autism in children. The second objective was to examine whether the risk of autism differs between use of MMR and the single measles vaccine.
Design: Case-control study.
Study Population: The 96 cases with childhood or atypical autism, aged 2 to 15, were included into the study group. Controls consisted of 192 children individually matched to cases by year of birth, sex, and general practitioners.
Methods: Data on autism diagnosis and vaccination history were from physicians. Data on the other probable autism risk factors were collected from mothers. Logistic conditional regression was used to assess the risk of autism resulting from vaccination. Assessment was made for children vaccinated (1) Before diagnosis of autism, and (2) Before first symptoms of autism onset. Odds ratios were adjusted to mother's age, medication during pregnancy, gestation time, perinatal injury and Apgar score.
Results: For children vaccinated before diagnosis, autism risk was lower in children vaccinated with MMR than in the nonvaccinated (OR: 0.17, 95% CI: 0.06–0.52) as well as to vaccinated with single measles vaccine (OR: 0.44, 95% CI: 0.22–0.91). The risk for vaccinated versus nonvaccinated (independent of vaccine type) was 0.28 (95% CI: 0.10–0.76). The risk connected with being vaccinated before onset of first symptoms was significantly lower only for MMR versus single vaccine (OR: 0.47, 95% CI: 0.22–0.99).
Conclusions: The study provides evidence against the association of autism with either MMR or a single measles vaccine.
All that anyone needs to read is the conclusion. That vague statement is an opinion. We are told over and over correltion is not causation. Your EVIDENCE is correlation, but is odd how correlation IS causation when its convenient for those who have constantly used it as a defence.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#136 Dec 11, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If they are to follow their leader, their leader says to continue to let you know what an intellectually, informationally, emotionally, maturity challenged zealot you really are. I find it fun to make fun of deranged individuals who have maleducated themselves into blithering ignorance, that's why I get you, sweetie.
p rick in Kansas

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#137 Dec 11, 2012
p rick in Kansas
I may be a prick dumpling, but you already told everyone that I was right about you.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#139 Dec 12, 2012
For one, here's a study of vaccinated against unvaccinated that anti vaxxers asks for. Richard B is correct, one just cant read the conclusion of any study, however the conclusion is far more than just an opinion. If studies only consisted of opinions, why bother doing any to begin with? Hello. Everyone but the anti vaxxers knows conclusions are not opinions, they are evidence.
The MMR study sited directly argues against the Wakefield hypothesis, and not only that but there are at least 3 other studies which had the same results as this study did along with a previously published study found strong evidence against the association of autism with persistent measles virus RNA in gastrointestinal tracts exposed to the MMR vaccine.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#140 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text> Name them and post links where we caqn read them. Maybe you also know research is biased, bought and paid for, altered, ghost written, and fraudulent.
100% of people who drink dihydromonoxide die, should we all stop drinking that too?
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

#141 Dec 12, 2012
Richard B wrote:
<quoted text>
So all Winnipeg zero IQ ever does is read conclusions and then make stupid comments like “rubbish science”.
Real scientific studies consist of:-
Introduction – to say what the study is about.
Method – to say how the study was conducted.
Results – to say what data was found from the study.
Conclusions – to say what the results mean.
Winnipeg zero IQ says that there is a correlation between vaccinations and autism, cause diagnosis of autism usually occurs after vaccinations, so vaccinations must cause autism. The above study set out to test if that’s true. If vaccinations did cause autism, you would expect to find higher rates of autism in those who had been vaccinated compared with those who hadn’t. The results from the study show slightly lower rates of autism in those who were vaccinated compared with those who had not been vaccinated. It was therefore concluded that vaccines do not cause autism.
Winnipeg zero IQ’s quack science says that if you want it to be true that vaccines cause autism, then it can be concluded that it must be true. Send for the men in white coats.
What Study? Quit lying.
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

#142 Dec 12, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
100% of people who drink dihydromonoxide die, should we all stop drinking that too?
No you go ahead.
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

#143 Dec 12, 2012
friend wrote:
For one, here's a study of vaccinated against unvaccinated that anti vaxxers asks for. Richard B is correct, one just cant read the conclusion of any study, however the conclusion is far more than just an opinion. If studies only consisted of opinions, why bother doing any to begin with? Hello. Everyone but the anti vaxxers knows conclusions are not opinions, they are evidence.
The MMR study sited directly argues against the Wakefield hypothesis, and not only that but there are at least 3 other studies which had the same results as this study did along with a previously published study found strong evidence against the association of autism with persistent measles virus RNA in gastrointestinal tracts exposed to the MMR vaccine.
What garbage. There has been no vaccinated vs unvaccinated studies. You talk about studies you won't name or link.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#144 Dec 12, 2012
What do you think that MMR study was? Children vaccinated before diagnosis, autism risk was lower in children vaccinated with MMR than in the nonvaccinated. Hello. I didn't have to name a link, it was already given right on this topic (It's what you were yapping about, remember???) and of that study, it lists the other studies.

Location hidden

#145 Dec 12, 2012
Vaccines Maim Kill wrote:
<quoted text>What garbage. There has been no vaccinated vs unvaccinated studies. You talk about studies you won't name or link.
The study I posted was vaccinated vs unvaccinated but I guess you didn't really read it.
david traversa

Argentina

#146 Dec 12, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
A man looks at another man's stinking r*ctum and says um um that looks yummy! I call that proof enough that it's a mental disorder.8294
A vagina can stink just as bad ( merely a question of hygiene ).. Are you prepared to disparage them also? But perhaps your own personal cleansing habits leave something to be desired..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What counts as a 'real name' on Facebook? 23 min Christaliban 12
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 34 min Stars and Stripes 1,416
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 45 min Frankie Rizzo 966
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 1 hr freeman177 1,361
shemale bbm pins 2 hr comeNplay 39
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 2 hr viper 319
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 10 hr Frankie Rizzo 100
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 16 hr mody 12,781
•••

Transgender People Search