Being Transgender Is No Longer a Disorder

Dec 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Slate Magazine

A transsexual person displays a poster with the picture of a transsexual person who was murdered in Uruguay.

Comments
1 - 20 of 208 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2013
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

In a black and white world, it is a shade of grey. Neither a full blown disorder of the worst kind, nor a slight variation of normal. Transexualism, by it's self is a benign compulsion that tells one that one is internally the opposite sex. It doesn't cause physical pain. It does cause intense frustration and psychic pain. The worst of which comes from the person's own perception of what others will think. So many TSes will suffer in silence until they can take it no longer. "First, you're born with it! Then you fight it off! Then it wins!" Understanding that it's a grey area in the black and white world is important to understanding what the person with it going through. That they are suffering in their own way. That nature played a dirty trick on them and the way to make it worse for them is not to recognize this and insist "it's a choice"! It's a choice like wanting to take your next breath is a choice.
Regards, Terri
Anna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Not a dirty trick, just a natural variation within nature. ignorance is what causes suffering
Vaccines Caused

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Its likely caused by vaccine ingredients aluminum, mercury and formaldehyde, each one being genotoxic, neurotoxic, mutogenic and endocrine didruptors. The endocrine system controls male-femaleness. Injecting these poisons into babies cannot end well.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Of course transgender severely predates vaccines, by Bible and ancient times. Ignorance relating this to vaccines is what causes pain to many, also showing lack of any kind of knowledge and spreading scare tactics and misinfo.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Transgenderism has been removed from the DSM as a disorder, but chewing your fingernails has been added. Go figure. At least terrorism was not involved, which was responsible for homosexuality being removed from the DSM.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
Transgenderism has been removed from the DSM as a disorder, but chewing your fingernails has been added. Go figure. At least terrorism was not involved, which was responsible for homosexuality being removed from the DSM.
Sweetie, unless and until you can come up with scientific evidence which proves that homosexuality is in and of itself a mental disorder, thus contradicting the empirical evidence to the contrary, how it was removed from the DSM is pretty much irrelevant.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, unless and until you can come up with scientific evidence which proves that homosexuality is in and of itself a mental disorder, thus contradicting the empirical evidence to the contrary, how it was removed from the DSM is pretty much irrelevant.
I see what you are saying; terrorism is equivalent to empirical evidence.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
I see what you are saying; terrorism is equivalent to empirical evidence.
You really are that much of a moron, aren't you? I'm sorry.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You really are that much of a moron, aren't you? I'm sorry.
Ricky, your parents are the ones who are sorry.
Vaccines Transgenderism

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
They wanted to make mourning as is mourning a death a mental health label even though its natural, understandable and temporary. Its more about making money prescribing pharma. They label autism a mental illness but ignore the physical illness vaccines cause that result in the autism. They are quacks plain + simple.
Vaccines Transgenderism

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

friend wrote:
Of course transgender severely predates vaccines, by Bible and ancient times. Ignorance relating this to vaccines is what causes pain to many, also showing lack of any kind of knowledge and spreading scare tactics and misinfo.
DUH. Not in today's numbers, just like autism. ADHD isn't listed in the bible or aspergers. What did they call it back then heathenism? Besides, humans have always had a sour relationship with heavy metals, and in ancient times we cooked and stored food in crude clay and metal pots and made a stored wine in clay and wood, leaching out impurities that were consumed daily. Where do we get them today? In vaccine vials for one source.
Uve

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, unless and until you can come up with scientific evidence which proves that homosexuality is in and of itself a mental disorder, thus contradicting the empirical evidence to the contrary, how it was removed from the DSM is pretty much irrelevant.
A man looks at another man's stinking r*ctum and says um um that looks yummy! I call that proof enough that it's a mental disorder.8294

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Transgender should never had been on the DSM to begin with. It's generally not a debilitating disability which would cause distress in daily living other than what others around them impose on that person. An example of those other people would be not knowing the difference beween transgender and transexual, and those who relate childhood vaccines to it.
The should be a DSM disorder listing for those people, for it appears those who cause distress to others, making statements when clearly they have no idea the definition, and make claims of cause obviously are the ones in need some 'help' It's those people who siffer from daily debilitating fear of what they refuse to understand.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Not worth a reply! Sigh........
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, sorta means you can't really figure out whether your a Queer or a Wantabe bitc:h.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
In a black and white world, it is a shade of grey.
I have to disagree there, the world cannot exist as "black and white" and living organisms cannot have a "normal." It's all just an illusion perpetrated by specific leaders, mostly religious, to snare people, to rile them up against threats to their power.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You really are that much of a moron, aren't you? I'm sorry.
No, he's not much of anything, that's his real problem. He's another clone still sitting in his parents' basement, that's all.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree there, the world cannot exist as "black and white" and living organisms cannot have a "normal." It's all just an illusion perpetrated by specific leaders, mostly religious, to snare people, to rile them up against threats to their power.
"living organisms cannot have a normal.'
If that were true, there would be no need for a DSM, and all the queer shrinks would be out of a job.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"living organisms cannot have a normal.'
If that were true, there would be no need for a DSM, and all the queer shrinks would be out of a job.
DSM is based on psychiatry, which is not based on science, and therefore the DSM is no more valid than the bible, which is why they keep having to change the DSM all the time. People are waking up to the facts, and your idiotic notions are not facts. Get over it, your con has been exposed, just find a new career.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
DSM is based on psychiatry, which is not based on science, and therefore the DSM is no more valid than the bible, which is why they keep having to change the DSM all the time. People are waking up to the facts, and your idiotic notions are not facts. Get over it, your con has been exposed, just find a new career.
I agree. When the APA dropped homosexuality from the DSM, they lost all their credibility.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. When the APA dropped homosexuality from the DSM, they lost all their credibility.
It took you that long to realize that they have been wrong all this time? At least you finally caught up in one aspect of the fallacy that is psychiatry. Psychology has always stated that homosexuality is neither a disorder, nor is it something that can be penned as psychological, that's why the geneticists are studying the phenomenon now. Actually, according to real science, even a psychopath is not "insane" nor inherently a danger to society, they just have to be placed in a role that is more in tune with their brain's logic system instead of being forced into roles which oppose it.

In other words, you're still an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Transgender priest preaches at Washington's Nat... 23 min Dan 16
LGBT New Yorkers Should Be Worried 28 min Belle Sexton 15
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 1 hr Jeddah 12,206
Massage in Jeddah ASAP (Sep '13) 3 hr Free 118
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 4 hr lucky 1,210
Oklahomans React To Executive Order Protecting ... 6 hr Annaleigh 5
NY agencies collecting more gender data 6 hr Marcavage s Emission 15
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) Thu renz 251
•••