LGBT Seniors Camp Out for One-of-a-Kind Housing

Sep 9, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC Chicago

The John C. Anderson Apartments, currently under construction in the Gayborhood, will be the region's first LGBT-friendly affordable senior housing complex.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Oct 9, 2013

Since: Nov 09

Columbus OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I hope that there will be housing like that in every city that has a large LGBT population. I also think it is important that Assisted Living and Nursing Home facilities catering to the LGBT community be built.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

If a developer were smart, he'd open a chain of these around the country. The LGBT baby boomers are aging and moving into senior citizen ville faster than a speeding bullet and there will only be more of them by the day.

Many do not have family members to help them in their older years, like hetero folks do. These kind of places will be perfect for them.

In LA they opened a big place like this about 5 years ago, I hope other cities get on board.
Boris

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

There aren't too many gay seniors as most homosexuals die from AIDS before they reach 50. It's all good.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Boris wrote:
There aren't too many gay seniors as most homosexuals die from AIDS before they reach 50. It's all good.
If you're having trouble finding yourself some senior sugar; perhaps these new apartments will have a bulletin board to ease your pain

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Boris wrote:
Oh, I hear that you are up to 50 false names per day. Why do you LIE so often, LITTLE cowardly liar?
rick

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Boris wrote:
screw you too
rick

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Boris wrote:
screw you
rick

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

screw you too
binaries

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Boris wrote:
Truly a blessing in disguise!

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

binaries wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly a blessing in disguise!
At least they won't die of the usual Tennessee death causes, usually dynamite used in fishing or shot by a neighbor or crushed by a 25 year old car falling off its concrete blocks due to constant tinkering to keep it running.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••