WikiLeaks suspect named gay rights pa...

WikiLeaks suspect named gay rights parade marshal

There are 24 comments on the CBS News story from Apr 26, 2013, titled WikiLeaks suspect named gay rights parade marshal. In it, CBS News reports that:

The U.S. Army private charged in a massive leak of U.S. secrets to the WikiLeaks website has been named as a grand marshal of San Francisco's annual gay rights parade, a choice that was immediately condemned by several groups representing gay and lesbian service members.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#21 Apr 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
All you've just done is elaborate on HOW he doesn't fall under whistleblower statutes.
So let me make sure I understand your stance. The reporters who broke the Watergate scandal shouldn't have used the news media to do what they did, but should instead have reported to the White House or some such political body implicated in the scandal in the first place? And those reporters should have been thrown in jail for doing so?

I guess then the news media's purpose in a democratic society is merely to entertain the masses and distract them from messy truths that those in power would find inconvenient to have exposed.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#22 Apr 27, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me make sure I understand your stance. The reporters who broke the Watergate scandal shouldn't have used the news media to do what they did, but should instead have reported to the White House or some such political body implicated in the scandal in the first place? And those reporters should have been thrown in jail for doing so?
I guess then the news media's purpose in a democratic society is merely to entertain the masses and distract them from messy truths that those in power would find inconvenient to have exposed.
A reporter is a member of the Fourth Estate, NOT a member of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#23 Apr 28, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
A reporter is a member of the Fourth Estate, NOT a member of the U.S. Armed Forces.
And why again was the US trying to extradite Julian Assange to the USA?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#24 Apr 28, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
And why again was the US trying to extradite Julian Assange to the USA?
Because A) The blogosphere is not recognized as a clear member of the "Estate"; B) it is in the nature of powerful entities to extend themselves unless actively constrained, and C) his activities threatened the security of the entity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 5 min Rose_NoHo 33
News Courtney Stodden shares nude patriotic portrait... 29 min m-b-c-4 2
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 2 hr TerriB1 12
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 3 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 59
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 4 hr Lawrence Wolf 158
man looking soft bottom or nice women in jeddah... (Sep '09) 4 hr snowQueen1988 674
News School board, sued by transgender student, asks... 6 hr meh 5
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) Aug 28 BottomForOlder 14,344
More from around the web