Police union leader criticized for sa...

Police union leader criticized for saying he won't honor law

There are 138 comments on the The Honolulu Advertiser story from Nov 6, 2013, titled Police union leader criticized for saying he won't honor law. In it, The Honolulu Advertiser reports that:

Tenari Ma'afala, president of the State of Hawaii Organization of Police Officers, told a joint House committee that he does not oppose the gay lifestyle, but is against same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Honolulu Advertiser.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#136 Nov 12, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say that the incident occurred in the US?
Where did he say there were no lawsuits? He didn't.
Peter

Honolulu, HI

#139 Nov 12, 2013
Quest wrote:
It's always news when people who are sworn to uphold the law decide they can ignore it because they don't agree with it.
If he keeps it up, he won't be working for long.
Just Like people who choose too ignore Moral Laws.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#141 Nov 12, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Like people who choose too ignore Moral Laws.
Moral laws?

Are you stupid or what?
New Jersey is a joke

Honolulu, HI

#142 Nov 12, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't. Can't you read?
Read the article again, moron. It clearly states gay couple sues church.

"Wealthy gay dad Barrie Drewitt-Barlow says he and his civil partner, Tony, will go to court to force churches to host gay weddings. He told the Essex Chronicle that he will take legal action because, he says,“I am still not getting what I want.”
New Jersey is a joke

Honolulu, HI

#143 Nov 12, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral laws?
Are you stupid or what?
Look who's talking. You're about as smart as Snookie. LOL

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#145 Nov 12, 2013
New Jersey is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article again, moron. It clearly states gay couple sues church.
"Wealthy gay dad Barrie Drewitt-Barlow says he and his civil partner, Tony, will go to court to force churches to host gay weddings. He told the Essex Chronicle that he will take legal action because, he says,“I am still not getting what I want.”
An idiot making a frivolous lawsuit is not evidence of a church being forced to perform a same-sex wedding ceremony. If he WINS, then you'd have an argument. But he won't.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#146 Nov 12, 2013
New Jersey is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article again, moron. It clearly states gay couple sues church.
"Wealthy gay dad Barrie Drewitt-Barlow says he and his civil partner, Tony, will go to court to force churches to host gay weddings. He told the Essex Chronicle that he will take legal action because, he says,“I am still not getting what I want.”
Okie didn't post that link and Okie didn't say anything about lawsuits. Jesus tap-dancing Christ. No wonder the USA is falling so far behind the rest of the world. Too many people like you cannot comprehend what they read!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#148 Nov 12, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text> His kid is doomed to die of AIDS or a knifing in a gay- hissy fight, and his money won't prevent it.
WTF?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#149 Nov 12, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I find that funny. Do you also use a pink Poodle as your hunting dog??
The Standard Poodle IS a German hunting dog, and has the largest fangs of any canine for it's size.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#150 Nov 12, 2013
New Jersey is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article again, moron. It clearly states gay couple sues church.
"Wealthy gay dad Barrie Drewitt-Barlow says he and his civil partner, Tony, will go to court to force churches to host gay weddings. He told the Essex Chronicle that he will take legal action because, he says,“I am still not getting what I want.”
England has no Separation of Church and State, and so such is possible.

Not here.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#151 Nov 12, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Like people who choose too ignore Moral Laws.
There are no such thing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#152 Nov 12, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
An idiot making a frivolous lawsuit is not evidence of a church being forced to perform a same-sex wedding ceremony. If he WINS, then you'd have an argument. But he won't.
It's in the UK. That isn't necessarily the case.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#153 Nov 14, 2013
OK LOL, I find that funny too! The answer is NO! I don't do much hunting these days, But it's a nice idea! Hey! How about some hot pink hunting boots?
Regards, Terri
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I find that funny. Do you also use a pink Poodle as your hunting dog??
JRB

Los Angeles, CA

#154 Nov 14, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text> His kid is doomed to die of AIDS or a knifing in a gay- hissy fight, and his money won't prevent it.
Opinion is the former bigot Joe balls and is the biggest troll we have. When I visit with his daughter she makes more noise than riding down the rumble strip on Farrington Hwy.
JRB

Leander, TX

#157 Nov 14, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>You must be a detective! I said who I was the very first post. But don't worry, keep thinking I'm the real JRB, Moron.
Woaaa. Opinion, blog star formerly known as JB is not me. Me, JRB, am I, not to be confused with my #1 groupie, also known as JRB, who was formerly known as District 1 an a 2 and a 3.
Peter

Honolulu, HI

#160 Nov 19, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral laws?
Are you stupid or what?
Moral law is a system of guidelines for behavior. These guidelines may or may not be part of a religion, codified in written form, or legally enforceable. For some people moral law is synonymous with the commands of a divine being. For others, moral law is a set of universal rules that should apply to everyone.

Ethical principles held primarily by the followers of Christianity have influenced the development of U.S. secular law. As a result, Christian moral law and secular law overlap in many situations. For example, murder, theft, prostitution, and other behaviors labeled immoral are also illegal. Moral turpitude is a legal term used to describe a crime that demonstrates depravity in one's public and private life, contrary to what is accepted and customary. People convicted of this crime can be disqualified from government office, lose their license to practice law, or be deported (in the case of immigrants).

You should read more.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#161 Nov 19, 2013
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral law is a system of guidelines for behavior. These guidelines may or may not be part of a religion, codified in written form, or legally enforceable. For some people moral law is synonymous with the commands of a divine being. For others, moral law is a set of universal rules that should apply to everyone.
Ethical principles held primarily by the followers of Christianity have influenced the development of U.S. secular law. As a result, Christian moral law and secular law overlap in many situations. For example, murder, theft, prostitution, and other behaviors labeled immoral are also illegal. Moral turpitude is a legal term used to describe a crime that demonstrates depravity in one's public and private life, contrary to what is accepted and customary. People convicted of this crime can be disqualified from government office, lose their license to practice law, or be deported (in the case of immigrants).
You should read more.
Still mixing up moral 'laws' with criminal law, eh?

Since: Feb 13

Honolulu, HI

#162 Nov 19, 2013
PattyM wrote:
Just what does a sheriff have to do with marriage?
What is he going to do, bust up the reception?
what is he going to do,bust up the reception?.....what is he going to do, bust up the reception? what is he going to do,bust up the reception?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any hard top in Jeddah only top gay Sat Madam_Royce 1
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) Sat Madam_Royce 2,351
News The unspoken factor in Amazon's search for a ne... Sat Myer 2
News Transgender Rights Lead NPR's Top LGBTQ Stories... Apr 19 Jello Pudding 4
Both in Jeddah Apr 18 Bottomjed69 1
massage in dhahran (Apr '13) Apr 18 Jojo 17
News Texas middle school teachers resign after anti-... Apr 17 FART RESINS 31