Alleged Anti-Gay Hate Crime Victim Lu...

Alleged Anti-Gay Hate Crime Victim Luke O'Donovan Sentenced To Prison For 2012 Attack

There are 28 comments on the Switched story from Aug 16, 2014, titled Alleged Anti-Gay Hate Crime Victim Luke O'Donovan Sentenced To Prison For 2012 Attack. In it, Switched reports that:

Family members, friends and a number of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights advocates are crying foul after the alleged victim of an anti-gay hate crime in Atlanta received a prison sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Switched.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 16, 2014
What about standing your ground? What about self-defense? Luke needed more witnesses on his side.
lgbt is silly

Knoxville, TN

#2 Aug 16, 2014
How typical of the homosexual community. They cause crime, violence and hatred and always blame someone else.
Maggie Gallaghers Schmear

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Aug 16, 2014
It's not clear from that coverage what the anti gay cowards in their protective pack did beyond yell anti gay epithets at the guy who got sentenced. Did he walk over to them or did were they approaching him? What were their injuries?

If the latter - they came near him - then he was entitled to use a pocket knife to allow an escape. Had he stayed, Bernie Goetz style, and carved them when he had a chance to escape then he'd be guilty.

It's much "better" to run away, be chased, and _then_ use whatever weapon you have. Then you have a very strong self defense case. Even if you kill one of the ones chasing you.

No doubt his being an anarchist played a role in what seems like a harsh sentence, because judges have biases against counter culture types, imo.
Maggie Gallaghers Schmear

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Aug 16, 2014
Ted wrote:
Then again, sending a
The clearest case of projection on topix, ever.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Aug 16, 2014
Maggie Gallaghers Schmear wrote:
<quoted text>
The clearest case of projection on topix, ever.
I bet most of his gay porn stash has a jail house theme!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#8 Aug 17, 2014
Was it not the case he left and then came back with a knife and stabbed on of them? Seems like there is more to this story than alot of media are showing.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Aug 17, 2014
Looks like he got into an argument with ONE man and he stabbed him. Others attempted to break them up but they were stabbed too. I think if this is true he should get the whole 10 years.
http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/147528-sus...
Mikey

Pasadena, CA

#10 Aug 17, 2014
Ted wrote:
Then again, sending a queer to prison is like sending him to a gay paradise. This creep will get butt-f*cked and be able to suck d!ck all day and night - on the tax payer's dime. He may never want to leave.
Oooh what a Jealous Princess you are..
lgbt is silly

Knoxville, TN

#11 Aug 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Looks like he got into an argument with ONE man and he stabbed him. Others attempted to break them up but they were stabbed too. I think if this is true he should get the whole 10 years.
http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/147528-sus...
Thanks for sharing real facts, not gay propaganda.
Mikey

Pasadena, CA

#12 Aug 17, 2014
lgbt is silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing real facts, not gay propaganda.
Yea Right stupid, Doesn't matter that he was provoked and standing his ground, Read the story dumbsh*t, instead of making up 'Bigot Propaganda'.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#13 Aug 17, 2014
Ted wrote:
It's good to finally see a queer get just punishment instead of it always being the normal, decent people.
Score one for the good guys!!!
Your tax money feeds, clothes, and put a roof over the heads of homosexual inmates. Food for thought, isn't it?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#14 Aug 17, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tax money feeds, clothes, and put a roof over the heads of homosexual inmates. Food for thought, isn't it?
Actually, we cover all inmates. It's only food for thought if you are bankrupt in the brain department. Gay oir straight, if you attempt to kill someone you should be locked up, enjoy that gourmet dinner, it's on us.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#15 Aug 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we cover all inmates. It's only food for thought if you are bankrupt in the brain department. Gay oir straight, if you attempt to kill someone you should be locked up, enjoy that gourmet dinner, it's on us.
Self defense shouldn't be a crime.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#16 Aug 17, 2014
Gremlin wrote:
<quoted text>
Self defense shouldn't be a crime.
If you are male and want to dance with men go to a gay bar. If you do it anywhere else expect to be laughed at, If you can't take it, you don't stab someone, you throw hands, best man wins. He deserves the whole 10 years.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#17 Aug 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are male and want to dance with men go to a gay bar. If you do it anywhere else expect to be laughed at, If you can't take it, you don't stab someone, you throw hands, best man wins. He deserves the whole 10 years.
Read the article, dimwit. Self defense is everybody's right. What NOBODY has the right to do is gang up on one gay man in groups and make anti-gay slurs. You straights obviously think it's your God given right to attack gay people and treat them any way you please. Ever hear of a little thing called leaving people the hell alone???? You think he deserves to be in prison simply for being gay. Shove your homophobic hate straight up your rotten A**!
Huck

New York, NY

#18 Aug 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are male and want to dance with men go to a gay bar. If you do it anywhere else expect to be laughed at, If you can't take it, you don't stab someone, you throw hands, best man wins. He deserves the whole 10 years.
Spot on!
Rev Don Wildmoan

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Aug 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do it anywhere else expect to be laughed at, If you can't take it, you don't stab someone, you throw hands, best man wins. He deserves the whole 10 years.
Now you're describing the situation homophobes find themselves in. Well, outside of backwards fundie enclaves.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#20 Aug 17, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea Right stupid, Doesn't matter that he was provoked and standing his ground, Read the story dumbsh*t, instead of making up 'Bigot Propaganda'.
That doesn't matter to these idiots....they think he deserves to be in prison simply for being gay.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#21 Aug 17, 2014
*YAWN*

This thread sucks big time.
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#22 Aug 17, 2014
Aikido and UV-Dye Pepperspray, people.

And until this generation has passed away, don't walk alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Straight Men" who have sexual realtions with T... (Mar '11) 4 hr TerriB1 23
News In Swampscott, parents grapple with transgender... 4 hr Rainbow Kid 8
News Transgender Pastor Celebrates Transition With R... 9 hr Whoshgow 14
News School assembly: Sex changes are "perfectly nor... 10 hr truth 3
News Transgender Woman Successfully Breastfeeds Baby... Sat Indignation 2
News Poll Shows 32 Percent Of Americans Believe Bein... Sat TerriB1 1
News WA transgender sex worker jailed over HIV Feb 16 TipsyFromCentralC... 1
More from around the web