Transgender Women Reflect on A Lifetime of Change

There are 6 comments on the EDGE story from Apr 27, 2014, titled Transgender Women Reflect on A Lifetime of Change. In it, EDGE reports that:

Felicia Elizondo, left, responds to an audience question during a panel entitled "Trans in the Tenderloin Since the 1960's" at the GLBT Historical Society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Dirks Dad

Castro Valley, CA

#2 Apr 27, 2014
Dirk wrote:
Sick.
Then go to a doctor, son. This is the gay forum of topix, not WebMD. What a fool I was to hope that by now you'd outgrown the need to have the glaringly obvious pointed out to you.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#4 Apr 27, 2014
Dirk wrote:
Sick.
Sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 27, 2014
Dirk wrote:
Sick.
Judge much R1?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6 Apr 27, 2014
"Many of the transwomen Ching knew back then in the Tenderloin turned to prostitution to make a living. They rode the "merry-go-round," she said, a circular path along O’Farrell and Ellis between Leavenworth and Jones they continuously walked in an attempt to avoid being stopped by the police."

I remember that. I used to work down on Eddy Street in an automotive shop. That was between Hyde and Larkin.

Good old days in the 70s.
Christianist Talibuns

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Apr 27, 2014
Dirks Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go to a doctor, son. This is the gay forum of topix, not WebMD. What a fool I was to hope that by now you'd outgrown the need to have the glaringly obvious pointed out to you.
You sure have a large family of sexually sick offspring, if I may say.

When will it end?
Family of the Damned

Castro Valley, CA

#8 Apr 27, 2014
Christianist Talibuns wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have a large family of sexually sick offspring, if I may say.
When will it end?
Probably not until they stop breeding with one another. Of course the more they do, the dumber they get, so in another generation or so they'll be too stupid to feed themselves let alone have sex, so they'll simply die off. Fortunately, their comments and reasoning "skills" indicate they're well on their way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr Poof1 5,626
News Ireland same-sex marriage 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 129
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 4 hr sureshkumar12345 1,713
Jubail bottom looking for Top for serious relat... (Jul '14) 4 hr WHM 66
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 5 hr Jaimie 282
News Michigan Transgender Residents Fighting for Rig... 7 hr TerryE 1
Hail guys hang out here! 7 hr Jimmy 2
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 10 hr Sam jeddah 1,873
More from around the web