Graphic Video of Russian Trans Woman ...

Graphic Video of Russian Trans Woman Being Beaten Surfaces Online

There are 21 comments on the EDGE story from Aug 20, 2013, titled Graphic Video of Russian Trans Woman Being Beaten Surfaces Online. In it, EDGE reports that:

A number of news sources are reporting that a graphic video showing what appears to be a Russian transgender woman being attacked has surfaced on the Internet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#1 Aug 20, 2013
Russians are ignorant barbarians
E Craig

Weaverville, NC

#2 Aug 20, 2013
It's hard to respect a nation that runs on fear and ignorance
Burk

Anonymous Proxy

#5 Aug 20, 2013
I don't condone this at all but come on people.

Who in Russia doesn't realize that Russians don't play that gay sh!t.

In Russia, if you're a man that likes to play dress-up, be smart and do it at home with your other little sissy friends. Don't go out in the street like that. What do these idiots think is going to happen to them?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#6 Aug 20, 2013
Burk wrote:
I don't condone this at all but come on people.
Who in Russia doesn't realize that Russians don't play that gay sh!t.
In Russia, if you're a man that likes to play dress-up, be smart and do it at home with your other little sissy friends. Don't go out in the street like that. What do these idiots think is going to happen to them?
A "man who likes to play dress-up" would be a transvestite, but not transgender. Lots of straight people enjoy cross dressing.

But ANY citizen should be free to go out into the streets of their home nation without fear of being beaten. Who CARES what they're wearing (provided they're covered up)?

You don't solve this problem (the violence) by asking the victims to hide in their homes. Instead, you let them DEMAND that they be free to walk outside, free to be themselves, and then you wait for the barbarians to simply GET USED TO IT. They will.
Norbert

Höst, Germany

#7 Aug 20, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
But ANY citizen should be free to go out into the streets of their home nation without fear of being beaten. Who CARES what they're wearing (provided they're covered up)?
It's called societal norms. Years ago most companies required that all men wear business suits and women dresses or skirts. It has become more relaxed but there has to be norms that people are expected to follow. Liberals cannot just expect to do whatever they want to because it makes them feel good. And why do you draw the line at covering up? Hell why can't people just run around naked if they WANT to?
Jeni M

Savannah, GA

#8 Aug 20, 2013
Norbert wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called societal norms. Years ago most companies required that all men wear business suits and women dresses or skirts. It has become more relaxed but there has to be norms that people are expected to follow. Liberals cannot just expect to do whatever they want to because it makes them feel good. And why do you draw the line at covering up? Hell why can't people just run around naked if they WANT to?
Yes, in Nazi Germany the societal norm was to wear a military style uniform with a swastika arm band and greet people by saying "Heil Hitler" and if you didn't you were sent to a Concentration Camp along with the Jews,people of Eastern Europe, the gypsies and the LGBT folks and that is what is going in Russia now under Das Fuhrer, Herr Putin with his own set of "Brown Shirts" doing his violent bidding to innocent people just for being who they are.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Aug 20, 2013
This is only the very tiny tip of a very large iceberg.

One of the most vile aspects of the actual applications of the "anti-propaganda law" is that it crushes communication, rendering communication between gay people and the reportage of even such incidents liable to prosecution.
Reed

France

#10 Aug 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
This is only the very tiny tip of a very large iceberg.
One of the most vile aspects of the actual applications of the "anti-propaganda law" is that it crushes communication, rendering communication between gay people and the reportage of even such incidents liable to prosecution.
Ain't it great!

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#11 Aug 20, 2013
Norbert wrote:
It's called societal norms. Years ago most companies required that all men wear business suits and women dresses or skirts. It has become more relaxed but there has to be norms that people are expected to follow.
Why did you start with "societal norms", and then switch to business practices? Those are two different things. An explanation of what's worn at the office does not support an argument about societal norms. Try again?
Norbert wrote:
Liberals cannot just expect to do whatever they want to because it makes them feel good. And why do you draw the line at covering up? Hell why can't people just run around naked if they WANT to?
Frankly, it wouldn't bother me in the least. Humans, ESPECIALLY Americans, are WAY too uptight about their bodies. If everybody DID do this, it would seem normal in no time. Societal norms are pliant.

What IS the big deal, anyway? I mean, forget nudity, even if it's just a man in a dress. "Oh no! That man has draped some fabric around his WAIST, rather than wrapped it in tubes around his legs! The horror! Won't someone think of the societal norms!"

Why do people have to lose their heads just because of someone wearing one type of fabric over another? People are weird. What a dumb thing to care about, with all that's going on in the world. Worry about starvation, or war, or pollution. Not dresses. sheesh.
Beauty Queen

Saint Leonards, UK

#12 Aug 21, 2013
Burk wrote:
?
Silly internet troll ...

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#13 Aug 21, 2013
I'm not a liberal, but I understand what being Transexual is all about because I am one. And far as "feeling good" goes, should we feel bad? That's having to present in what you'd call the "Correct" or appropriate gender makes us feel like. I drank too much, I often wondered about suicide. Drug and alcohol problems are common among Transgendered people. Yet, Transgendered people can be amazingly productive Productive on the job. The reason you're using your computer is because of a Transexual woman named Lynn Conway. Go check out her website and scroll down to Transexual Women's Successes and read about some successful TS Women.
Regards, Terri
Norbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#14 Aug 21, 2013
Norbert wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, "Liberals cannot just expect to do whatever they want to because it makes them feel good."

But I guess you think it's okay for conservatives to expect to just beat people up because it feels good. Why should they not be restrained as much as liberals then?

Central NJ

#15 Aug 21, 2013
While I agree in principal with what you are saying, I resent your characterization of Conservatives as Thugs who go around beating people up. I'm Conservative neither my friends and I have ever beaten anyone up. We never even considered anything like that. In the future, Please refrain from using such hyperbole.
Regards, Terri
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, "Liberals cannot just expect to do whatever they want to because it makes them feel good."
But I guess you think it's okay for conservatives to expect to just beat people up because it feels good. Why should they not be restrained as much as liberals then?

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#16 Aug 21, 2013
TerryE wrote:
While I agree in principal with what you are saying, I resent your characterization of Conservatives as Thugs who go around beating people up. I'm Conservative neither my friends and I have ever beaten anyone up. We never even considered anything like that. In the future, Please refrain from using such hyperbole.
Regards, Terri
It can't be easy being transsexual AND conservative.
Chumlee

UK

#17 Aug 21, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think how hard Kermit had it. He was transsexual, conservative and green.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#18 Aug 21, 2013
Chumlee wrote:
Just think how hard Kermit had it. He was transsexual, conservative and green.
Ok, I'll fall for it. How was Kermit transsexual or conservative?

Central NJ

#19 Aug 21, 2013
I've been solitary most of my life so it really isn't much of an adjustment. The worst part is many so called friends seemed to desert me when confronted with my problem. And they weren't necessarily all conservatives. Some liberals and Conservatives are very concerned with their image and friendship doesn't mean much when they think that image is threatened. They'll run like hell! and some of them did!
Regards, Terri
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#20 Aug 21, 2013
TerryE wrote:
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
No.

Location hidden

#21 Aug 21, 2013
TerryE wrote:
I've been solitary most of my life so it really isn't much of an adjustment. The worst part is many so called friends seemed to desert me when confronted with my problem. And they weren't necessarily all conservatives. Some liberals and Conservatives are very concerned with their image and friendship doesn't mean much when they think that image is threatened. They'll run like hell! and some of them did!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
I'll comment about that when this thread becomes all about you, rather than about people being beaten for their differences in Russia.

Get the F over yourself!

Location hidden

#22 Aug 21, 2013
Jeni M wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in Nazi Germany the societal norm was to wear a military style uniform with a swastika arm band and greet people by saying "Heil Hitler" and if you didn't you were sent to a Concentration Camp along with the Jews,people of Eastern Europe, the gypsies and the LGBT folks and that is what is going in Russia now under Das Fuhrer, Herr Putin with his own set of "Brown Shirts" doing his violent bidding to innocent people just for being who they are.
It's good to see SOMEBODY knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pentagon Ends Transgender Ban 7 min Sneaky Pete 4
News New survey doubles the estimate of transgender ... 35 min Here is what I 4
News Caitlyn Jenner says Donald Trump is good for women 54 min WasteWater 5
News Meet the Two Transgender Women Who Won Primary ... 2 hr Fundies R Mentall... 10
Massage(Yanbu) (Feb '13) 2 hr aaaa 832
News 2 transgender Democrats nominated in Western GO... 2 hr TMI 7
News The Latest: Obama pledges federal support in fl... 5 hr sore but 15
More from around the web