Advocate: New bullying law could hurt...

Advocate: New bullying law could hurt gay victims

There are 1 comment on the Salt Lake Tribune story from Sep 24, 2013, titled Advocate: New bullying law could hurt gay victims. In it, Salt Lake Tribune reports that:

A new Utah law mandating that schools notify parents when children are victims of bullying could inadvertently reveal a students' sexual orientation to their families, potentially exposing them to rejection, gay rights leaders in Ogden said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salt Lake Tribune.

Virtual Paralegal Firm

Clarksville, TN

#1 Oct 2, 2013
Stop talking about it and do something about it!

Actually, you can do something. Instead of everyone blogging and writing on forums about bullying and how to stop it, do something about it. Writing on forums and getting the word around is great; however, that isn't going to get the job done. As a parent and concerns of other children going through bullying I took a stand and have successfully achieved changes in schools and on school busses. Trust me, it's not easy and I understand parents do not have time; therefore, contact us at virtualparalegal.org and see how we can help. I'm the owner of the Virtual Paralegal Firm and I have went after two schools here in Tennessee as well as working with schools to implement measures in regards to bullying on busses. Believe it or not it's sad to say but our Principles and Vice Principals disregarding communication with students, which then disregards safety of our students from what these kids are going through with bullies. Our kids are in school 7 to 8 hours a day 5 days a week, so most of the childrens' days are in the care of the school administrators. No parent or child should have to worry about the safety issues why their child is on school grounds; therefore, if the Principal or school administrators disregard safety and care of students than being a principal or assistant principal is not for them. Look it has blown my mind, but what I have seen and heard from the School Principles and Vice Principals lack of humanity towards these kids that were bullied is sad. Now parents also can contribute. I know that there's kids out there that won't open up to their parents about being bullied and their parents have continuously tried to get them to open up, but parents there is a way. My website is virtualparalegalfirm.org contact me if you have any questions also visit our Facebook page.
Share this message!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SVPride: Gay pride parade in downtown San Jose ... 1 hr Fundie Fatwass De... 1
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 2 hr sam 1,852
gay/bi skype fun (Jul '13) 4 hr Joe 252
Looking for bottom philipino in Jubail (Jan '13) 7 hr passh 403
Need Bottom In Yanbu 9 hr YemeniSmooth 8
Massage in khobar with happy ending (Feb '13) 11 hr DevilEyes4U 159
News Transgender clinic opens 11 hr DC Dave 43
More from around the web