Transgendered student not allowed to use male washroom

Nov 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Citytv

Transgender teen James Spencer says he is being treated unfairly at his Durham high school by not being allowed to use the male washroom.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

It is the idiot school officials who deny him the use of the male restrooms. I seriously doubt that ANY of the other male students will object. I would simply use the male restroom;and,ignore those idiots. Male restrooms do have toilets too. Already,many restrooms are being designated as unisex.
Breitlynne Twa

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

I am a transgendered person and at 40 years old, i am sick of society telling people they cant do this and cant do that. I had a recent (to this post) incident that was brought up from a local Toronto swimming pool who pulled me aside about being in the womens pool changeroom. I have lived as female for the past 5 years 24/7/365/366, and have few problems. We have to get over this barbarian way of segregating people. I applaud James for this issue and its great to see that as of Nov 2012 after this story aired on City Tv that i saw, things changed. Of course it was probably the school decision only based on embarrassment being in the media and the worry of a big legal fight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Irving-Based Exxon Mobil Says It'll Follow New ... 5 min Wondering 14
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 8 min Salman 12,188
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 11 min cuteskhar 248
NY agencies collecting more gender data 47 min TerryE 4
Legalizing Prostitution Would Protect Sex Worke... 50 min TerryE 1
Jeddah Gay BBM pins 2014 2 hr vain whim 48
Lesbian Couple Flees Russia for Asylum in Argen... 2 hr vote no gay 9
•••
•••