Transgender Student Suit Goes to Main...

Transgender Student Suit Goes to Maine High Court

There are 16 comments on the EDGE story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Transgender Student Suit Goes to Maine High Court. In it, EDGE reports that:

Lawyers for a transgender girl and an elementary school that required the fifth-grader to use a staff bathroom instead of the girls restroom clashed before Maine's highest court Wednesday over whether her rights were violated, a case that lays bare the difficult decisions facing school administrators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#1 Jun 12, 2013
A person should use whichever bathroom for the gender they identify with, regardless of their anatomy.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2 Jun 12, 2013
I would have loved to have privileged access to the staff bathroom when I was in school. I was terrified to set foot in the student bathroom because I was bullied relentlessly. That, and I felt much more comfortable around adults than other kids.

To each their own though.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jun 12, 2013
*shrug* Stop trying to force transgender and gay people to do things that make zero sense, and they'll stop bringing lawsuits. Stop being goddamn stupid enough to fight them once they bring the lawsuits, and they won't battle you all the way to the highest court in each case.

The antigay bring this on themselves, constantly. And they are losing so frequently and so definitively at this point that it's like they're stomp-kicking their money down toilets.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4 Jun 12, 2013
Next thing you know, they'll also want to force male parents to be the only ones to change male baby diapers and female to change the female ones as well .... sheesh.
Jackson

France

#5 Jun 12, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
A person should use whichever bathroom for the gender they identify with, regardless of their anatomy.
BS! Real women don't want to see some big hairy guy in a dress and stockings whipping out his d!ck in the ladies room!

Rose_NoHo stay out of the women's room!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#6 Jun 12, 2013
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
BS! Real women don't want to see some big hairy guy in a dress and stockings whipping out his d!ck in the ladies room!
Rose_NoHo stay out of the women's room!
Do you even consider how stupid this post of yours is?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Jun 12, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
Exactly.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 12, 2013
hi hi wrote:
*shrug* Stop trying to force transgender and gay people to do things that make zero sense, and they'll stop bringing lawsuits. Stop being goddamn stupid enough to fight them once they bring the lawsuits, and they won't battle you all the way to the highest court in each case.
The antigay bring this on themselves, constantly. And they are losing so frequently and so definitively at this point that it's like they're stomp-kicking their money down toilets.
True
Carol McCabe

Vancouver, WA

#9 Jun 12, 2013
Common sense dictates a male dressed as a female should use the male restrooms in a public school. She is a boy/man regardless of how she/he identifies themselves as, and that should be respected. However the line needs to be drawn when it comes to restrooms and locker rooms where female students need not and should not be exposed to male private parts just to prove a point, period

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10 Jun 12, 2013
Carol McCabe wrote:
Common sense dictates a male dressed as a female should use the male restrooms in a public school. She is a boy/man regardless of how she/he identifies themselves as, and that should be respected. However the line needs to be drawn when it comes to restrooms and locker rooms where female students need not and should not be exposed to male private parts just to prove a point, period
So why do you have sex in bathrooms?

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#11 Jun 12, 2013
Carol McCabe wrote:
Your now showing the OPPOSITE of common sense. A person should use the bathroom conforming to their gender identity and how they are dressed.

And in fact, some jurisdictions, such a The City Of New York, have passed laws specifically stating that a person may use any bathroom at all, because some people identify differently.

Location hidden

#12 Jun 13, 2013
The Japanese people don't give a hoot who uses which bathroom. Some Americans are really hung up on stupid things.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#13 Jun 13, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
The Japanese people don't give a hoot who uses which bathroom. Some Americans are really hung up on stupid things.
Very stupid things.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Very stupid things.
Yea, really hung up on genitals. One would think their brains are between the legs.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#15 Jun 13, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, really hung up on genitals. One would think their brains are between the legs.
It would not surprise me if most are. lol

Location hidden

#16 Jun 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It would not surprise me if most are. lol
That's a tiny brain but one that thinks for itself. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
khobar & Dammam 1 hr No0oname3 1
chubby top in khobar 1 hr No0oname3 1
Am I transgender or is this a fetish? 1 hr Anonymous 1
News Alabama faculty member studying "rainbow family... 8 hr Prosperity Fundie... 1
shemale bbm pins (Apr '14) 12 hr Top 242
News Transgender community focuses on future 13 hr um yeah1212 6
News For transgender victims, respect starts with us... 14 hr Dont move to Oakland 15
More from around the web