'Gayborhoods' are changing, researcher finds

Aug 7, 2014 Full story: Myrtle Beach Online

The number of gay enclaves in Chicago and other large cities is on the increase but a deconcentrated population, while good from a societal standpoint, could lead to a more fragmented lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, a suburban Chicago native and sociologist says in his new book.

Read more
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Aug 7, 2014
Oh Blah!
Restoring glory to expired communities is how we make our fortunes
Check out the wastelands of Detroit to see life without GAYS
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cB49k5WaiT8/TIZOgp-...

“in eastern nc”

Since: Apr 07

Jacksonville /CampLejeune

#2 Aug 7, 2014
gays long ago moved into blighted areas of cities and "fixed up" old houses good bargain.. but now the areas are high priced and high taxed so the boys moved on.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#3 Aug 7, 2014
RICK OCONNOR wrote:
gays long ago moved into blighted areas of cities and "fixed up" old houses good bargain.. but now the areas are high priced and high taxed...
...so they are taken over by obnoxious yuppie types if they consist of high-rises or newer structures (like North Halsted in Chicago) and by wealthy corporate types (read "Lincoln Park"in Chicago, subtitle could be "Republicans in the City") if the homes the gays originally fixed up were antique and white gays themselves raised prices of living in the area enough that any black and Hispanic folks were driven out before the white gays themselves got driven out.

Sequence: poor people, artists looking for cheap studio space, gay men (let's face it, dykes are not nearly as clannish as fags), then white straight people with high incomes.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#4 Aug 7, 2014
Maybe here's real hope of getting Nancy Dumb-As-A-Rock Pelosi out of Congress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fire Island Artist Residency looking for home i... 20 min Fa-Foxy 3
News Businesses: Indiana's gay discrimination is bad... 3 hr doty 74
What kind of guys like male to female trannies? (Jul '08) 3 hr makemefem 162
News Arkansas governor says he'd sign religious prot... 7 hr Fa-Foxy 21
saudi gays!! (Feb '13) 7 hr faisal 267
i want massage in dammam (May '13) 11 hr Meleb 34
I will help you to find the suitable one Jeddah... (Jun '13) 13 hr Sheyano 44
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 18 hr MZY 470
The Growing trend of eunuchs/men without balls (Nov '08) Fri Slavehole 169
More from around the web