Jerry Brown signs bill empowering transgender students

Aug 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Modesto Bee

In this Wednesday, June 12, 2013 photo, straight and gay members of OneTable, from left, Samantha Curley, Chelsea McInturff, faculty adviser Glen Stassen, Marissa Nunes and Nick Palacios walk on the campus of the Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, Calif.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

See. I told my tranny friends and associates that we wouldn't stop with just our issues, but just that ours were easier to start with.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

It's still going to be a struggle, but this is a nice step.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

Your "Tranny" friends? You don't have any "Tranny" friends! You may have Transgender or Transexual friends! But no "Tranny" friends. Thanks again for putting us last. Was that an HRC talking point?
Regards, Terri
snyper wrote:
See. I told my tranny friends and associates that we wouldn't stop with just our issues, but just that ours were easier to start with.

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
Your "Tranny" friends? You don't have any "Tranny" friends! You may have Transgender or Transexual friends! But no "Tranny" friends. Thanks again for putting us last. Was that an HRC talking point?
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
I reserve the right to use any colloquial contractions that suit my meanings. If it bothers you ... get over it.

HRC? Did I say so?

It was MY point and MY assessment of political realities. MY tranny friends didn't like it any more than you seem to ... but ultimately THEY understood.

I didn't put you last. Political reality does.

I can accept that gay men are to a large degree riding in on the coattails of gay women. Lesbianism is simply more palatable to the unenlightened hetero psyche. If we'd tried to go it on our own, we'd still be waiting. That's just the political reality.

We're bringing you along. As predicted. As promised.

Would you prefer that we stopped?
Jeni M

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>terry the word tranny is not a bad term.... I use it.... I know a lot of transsexuals that do as well... I don't think sniper was putting anyone down
No,it is vulgar, offensive,derogatory and objectionable and never to be used in any manner,contents or venue.It is like using the "N" word.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

As a matter of fact, I have never sought your support! I feel no kinship or identification with you people, but that's mutual! It wasn't always this way. What do you suppose changed it? A Gay back in the 80s saying to me, about a T-girl friend, "I don't why HE has to do that!" meaning present as female. and myriad other similar examples of Gay intolerance of Transgendered people. You could always claim a lack of understanding then, but not now. Yes You can stop for me! Read the history of TS rights, You will see that it's always been another TGed person who got those rights, Not some gay! Go read up on Virginia Prince and how she fought for our rights. Read up on Sylvia Rivera, who threw the first beer bottle at Stonewall. Go read up on Phyllis R Frye. She broke Texas laws against crossdressing. And Lynn Conway. And Pat Morgan. and lots of others who you never hear about. Yes, you can stop for me whatever you may be doing on my behalf. I lived my life without your Help. I was Crossdressing when it was an indictable offense. I would drive from Verona to Paterson NJ. I wasn't caught so I didn't have to endure the penalty of being thrown into the "Drunk tank" with twenty or so "Gentlemen" and having my screams ignored.
It wasn't Gays who got these laws off the books. It was hard fought battles that we fought ourselves.
I am really tired of being smeared with the "Gay" brush. I want to break the association. Why not, we're just an afterthought anyway. All we do for you is fill out your Pride parades. The rest of the year you don't want to know us. So why should we hang around where we're not wanted. So go do your little "gay" thing and we'll mind our own business too.
Regards, Terri
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I reserve the right to use any colloquial contractions that suit my meanings. If it bothers you ... get over it.
HRC? Did I say so?
It was MY point and MY assessment of political realities. MY tranny friends didn't like it any more than you seem to ... but ultimately THEY understood.
I didn't put you last. Political reality does.
I can accept that gay men are to a large degree riding in on the coattails of gay women. Lesbianism is simply more palatable to the unenlightened hetero psyche. If we'd tried to go it on our own, we'd still be waiting. That's just the political reality.
We're bringing you along. As predicted. As promised.
Would you prefer that we stopped?
Jeni M

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>when did you transtition
Sorry, I am a Lesbian retired Civil and Employee Rights Attorney who politically advocates for social justice and equality especially for marginalized disenfranchised people and the LGBTI community.

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

Jeni M wrote:
<quoted text>
No,it is vulgar, offensive,derogatory and objectionable and never to be used in any manner,contents or venue.It is like using the "N" word.
Since the hell WHEN ??!!??

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
As a matter of fact, I have never sought your support! I feel no kinship or identification with you people, but that's mutual! It wasn't always this way. What do you suppose changed it? A Gay back in the 80s saying to me, about a T-girl friend, "I don't why HE has to do that!" meaning present as female. and myriad other similar examples of Gay intolerance of Transgendered people. You could always claim a lack of understanding then, but not now. Yes You can stop for me! Read the history of TS rights, You will see that it's always been another TGed person who got those rights, Not some gay! Go read up on Virginia Prince and how she fought for our rights. Read up on Sylvia Rivera, who threw the first beer bottle at Stonewall. Go read up on Phyllis R Frye. She broke Texas laws against crossdressing. And Lynn Conway. And Pat Morgan. and lots of others who you never hear about. Yes, you can stop for me whatever you may be doing on my behalf. I lived my life without your Help. I was Crossdressing when it was an indictable offense. I would drive from Verona to Paterson NJ. I wasn't caught so I didn't have to endure the penalty of being thrown into the "Drunk tank" with twenty or so "Gentlemen" and having my screams ignored.
It wasn't Gays who got these laws off the books. It was hard fought battles that we fought ourselves.
I am really tired of being smeared with the "Gay" brush. I want to break the association. Why not, we're just an afterthought anyway. All we do for you is fill out your Pride parades. The rest of the year you don't want to know us. So why should we hang around where we're not wanted. So go do your little "gay" thing and we'll mind our own business too.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Look! It's a tranny homophobe!

Will wonders never cease !?!

lol

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2013

Judged:

Jeni M wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am a Lesbian retired Civil and Employee Rights Attorney who politically advocates for social justice and equality especially for marginalized disenfranchised people and the LGBTI community.
How DARE you !!! You left out the "Q" and "FO" and "O"!

It's oppression, I say! Oppression!

<evil snicker>
Jeni M

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the hell WHEN ??!!??
Please go to this website and you will find others with similar definitions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranny_ (slang)
Jeni M

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

<quoted text>sweetie the word has been used by many a transsexual female for as long as I have been outand that's since 1981..... its not the word its who and how its used

Jeni M

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Also check the following from The GLAAD website:

"What words are offensive to transgender people?

These words should not be used:'transvestite,''she-male, ''he-she,''it,''trannie,''tran ny,' and 'shim.' These words are dehumanizing, and using them to refer to any person is similar to using an anti-gay epithet."

http://www.glaad.org/transgender
Jeni M

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

mnmboi wrote:
<quoted text>Me two, them freaks are so confused:)
I am absolutely amazed at the level of ignorance and disrespect coming from some of the people on this website.Why are you even on here? Please get an education and stop disrespecting people especially those you know nothing about.I suspect some of you purport to be Christians, or religious, but given the tenor and nature of your commentaries ,I think you are all missing the mark.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Jeni, I'm old enough to know that no one can "De-humanize" me if I don't allow it. I know that "Dehumanizing" is a tactic used by people who can't think of anything more. I have a lot of female heroines. Strong women like Elizabeth I of England,(Who may have been a boy, Google The Bisley Boy) Amelia Earhart, May West, and Hetty Green, The Witch of Wall St. I doubt any of these women would have taken much BS off anyone and certainly not someone who uses the lame tactic of dehumanization!
Regards, Terri
Jeni M wrote:
Also check the following from The GLAAD website:
"What words are offensive to transgender people?
These words should not be used:'transvestite,''she-male, ''he-she,''it,''trannie,''tran ny,' and 'shim.' These words are dehumanizing, and using them to refer to any person is similar to using an anti-gay epithet."
http://www.glaad.org/transgender

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Jeni M wrote:
<quoted text>
I know too many who refer to themselves as "Trannies" to change just because some youngster doesn't know their history. "Tranny" is an old contraction with a neutral meaning.

This reminds me of an instance here on TOPIX a few years ago when I used the phrase "Dykes on Bikes" and a British poster got all bothered. Turns out she didn't know that in the U.S. the "Dykes on Bikes" had been riding in PRIDE parades (usually topless) since almost the beginning.
mudflap

Lake Forest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

You sexual deviates have pushed too far,now you are messing with peoples children and it will not go well. I for see on the other hand your misguided force of the indoctrination of peoples children as the straw that broke the camels back .
Jeni M

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

mudflap wrote:
You sexual deviates have pushed too far,now you are messing with peoples children and it will not go well. I for see on the other hand your misguided force of the indoctrination of peoples children as the straw that broke the camels back .
I suggest you move to Russia. I think you will be quite at home there!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

mudflap wrote:
Damn right, leave the indoctrination to ignorant, hate-filled sputtering fools like you.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

Charlie wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
Tell me, are you out to your family as an immature, intellectually challenged, hate-filled little jerk, or are you still in the closet?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'God Hates Fags' sect could lose their church (Apr '08) 24 min this 482
Harvey Milk Stamp to Debut at The White House 1 hr Todd 33
Ohio debates sex-orientation rule 1 hr NE Jade 17
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 1 hr Sonu 10,453
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 2 hr hodi hodi 187
Jeddah Gay BBM pins 2014 5 hr BrixtonQween 11
URI Breaks Ground on Gay and Lesbian Center 5 hr snyper 11
•••
•••