25k NHS sex change ops to turn me int...

25k NHS sex change ops to turn me into Rihanna

There are 2 comments on the The Sun Online story from Feb 19, 2013, titled 25k NHS sex change ops to turn me into Rihanna. In it, The Sun Online reports that:

A 19-YEAR-OLD male-to-female transgender patient will get NHS treatment worth A 25,000 - to transform her into pop superstar Rihanna.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sun Online.

Post Op Ts

UK

#1 Feb 20, 2013
It's wrong she should not be allowed to have ( or rather he) should not be allowed to have that surgery on the NHS. Breast Augmentation isn't done for most transsexuals what's so special about a 19 year old who isn't even British being allowed this and to look like a pop star. Seems the GIC clinic's apply one rule for most ts's and another for this one. It's wrong. I paid for all my surgery and when I wanted my implants reduced though only wanted to remove them not replace them.
The rules must be the same for everyone.
GayleJane

UK

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Whilst I know what it feels like to be Intensely dysphoric and am seeking medical assistance and the necessary treatments to transition to attain congruity I do worry that this is quite a misrepresentation. First up the cost of the surgery is not necessarily that high particularly if transitioning is begun young but also the rather misguided "I want to look like..." I mean I identified with a range of women when young (and still I'd as female now...it's what I am, internally...) being anyone else or believing that one should look like anyone else is distinctly worrying and maybe transitioning for the wrong reasons...we transition because we are (either a man or woman already) not because we need to be another person...
Beyond that, the best of luck for her...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 59 min californio 1,061
News Christian bigots hammered after releasing hilar... 1 hr Three Psyche 2
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 1 hr lustdipper 2,377
News Report: Missy Irvin plans to make it a sex crim... 1 hr Three Psyche 2
News Gay marriage victory at Supreme Court triggerin... 2 hr The Rainbow Kid 3
The Growing trend of eunuchs/men without balls (Nov '08) 3 hr Bill 189
News Some question gay police as grand marshals of P... 4 hr Jonah1 19
More from around the web