Marketers Slow to Deploy Ads Featuring Gay Couples

Aug 29, 2013 Full story: KAAL-TV Austin 8

Even as gay marriage becomes legal in more places, corporate America has been slower to feature gay couples in their advertising plans.

Full Story

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Aug 29, 2013
How often do they depict mixed race couples, South Asian couples, couples with one or both partners disabled, etc.? They are just beginning to show East Asian and Hispanic people. They seem to be so terrified that Archie Bunker might not buy their shit, don't they?
Rudy

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Aug 29, 2013
I saw a commercial the other day for AIDS prevention that featured a couple of fagg@ts.
Rudy

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Aug 29, 2013
One fagg@t said he "needed to talk" to the other fagg@t.

So the ads do exist.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 29, 2013
fr JohnInToronto:

>How often do they depict mixed race couples, South Asian couples, couples with one or both partners disabled, etc.? They are just beginning to show East Asian and Hispanic people. They seem to be so terrified that Archie Bunker might not buy their shit, don't they?<

Exactly. Remember the flap about the mixed-race family in the Cheerios commercial? The tea party nutbags had a major tantrum about that one. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a mixed-race family.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Aug 29, 2013
Rudy wrote:
One fagg@t said he "needed to talk" to the other fagg@t.
So the ads do exist.
Really?

WHERE?

Who sponsored the ad?

I want to see this.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Aug 29, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
WHERE?
Who sponsored the ad?
I want to see this.
The idiot is supposidly posting from Romania. His location is as true as his idiotic postings.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#8 Aug 29, 2013
They aren't stupid. They know that people will get a negative perception of their company if they use same-sex couples.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Aug 29, 2013
fr Chance:

>They aren't stupid. They know that people will get a negative perception of their company if they use same-sex couples.<

Sorry, not at all true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 12 min Belle Sexton 87
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 18 min Belle Sexton 25
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 40 min ooo3 13,192
Any bottom in Madinah (Jul '13) 2 hr Abdool 44
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 4 hr nawaf 1,394
Looking for bottom philipino in Jubail (Jan '13) 5 hr Adnanahmad587 286
Forces see transphobic crime hike 9 hr Gremlin 5
More from around the web