There is Only Once Choice In This Ele...

There is Only Once Choice In This Election If You Are Jewish And Gay

There are 177 comments on the Advocate story from Nov 3, 2012, titled There is Only Once Choice In This Election If You Are Jewish And Gay. In it, Advocate reports that:

My uncle, Harvey Milk came into this world with all the potential any proud Jewish family could have hoped for, but he also came into a world that would be rocked by World War II.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advocate.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#151 Nov 24, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
snyper---non-levitical priorities and attitude ADJUSTMENTS taught by the prophets.
HughBe--- Whose prophets ADJUSTED the words of God?
"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. "
God's prophet said"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak NOT ACCORDING to this word, it is because there is NO light in them"
The history of the Israelite people shows a very dynamic tension between the Levites' usurpation of the Mosaic contract and the prophets. It's helpful to view the prophets as the vehicle for the ongoing adjustment of the people's understanding.

It continues.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#152 Nov 24, 2012
Do You Trust Obama wrote:
Obama had 4 years to change the country for the better.
And he's done it, although technically he had 3 years, since a new President basically works under the previous administration's budget and infrastructure for the first year.

And the gains were made to the tune of utter gridlock within the government.

Quite and achievement. Hopefully, this next term he can do much much more.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#153 Nov 24, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
God speaks through his prophets, not the levitical writers.
Was Moses a Levite?

Was Moses a levitical writer?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#154 Nov 24, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The history of the Israelite people shows a very dynamic tension between the Levites' usurpation of the Mosaic contract and the prophets. It's helpful to view the prophets as the vehicle for the ongoing adjustment of the people's understanding.
It continues.
smyper--The history of the Israelite people shows a very dynamic tension between the Levites' usurpation of the Mosaic contract and the prophets.

HughBe--- tell me more about the "usurpation". My understanding of the levitical priesthood is echoed my a prophet called Malachi when he said

"For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and THEY should SEEK the law AT his mouth: for HE is the MESSENGER of the LORD of hosts. "

Location hidden

#155 Nov 24, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Moses a Levite?
Yes he was. But he was a prophet, not a priest. Definitely nepotistic, but not a priest. lol

Location hidden

#156 Nov 24, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
smyper--The history of the Israelite people shows a very dynamic tension between the Levites' usurpation of the Mosaic contract and the prophets.
HughBe--- tell me more about the "usurpation". My understanding of the levitical priesthood is echoed my a prophet called Malachi when he said
"For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and THEY should SEEK the law AT his mouth: for HE is the MESSENGER of the LORD of hosts. "
The admonition to move away from law and form being the basis of identity is a call made by each of the prophets.

The law is the pointing finger.

"Don't be as the dog that looks only at my finger! Look where I'm pointing!" - Chinese proverb
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157 Nov 24, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was. But he was a prophet, not a priest. Definitely nepotistic, but not a priest. lol
snyper---God speaks through his prophets, not the levitical writers.

HughBe---Was Moses a Levite?

snyper---Yes he was. But he was a prophet, not a priest. Definitely nepotistic, but not a priest. lol

HughBe--- I am aware that Moses was not a priest BUT he was a Levite just like Aaron his brother.

Having said that recall that you spoke of "levitical writers" and prophets. Now Moses was a Levite, a WRITER of the LAW and a PROPHET.

Finally, listen again to what God said via Malachi ""For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and THEY should SEEK the law AT his mouth: for HE is the MESSENGER of the LORD of hosts. "

Who are MESSENGERS? Are messengers vehicles through which messages are conveyed?

Do you believe any priest had the gift of prophecy?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158 Nov 24, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The admonition to move away from law and form being the basis of identity is a call made by each of the prophets.
The law is the pointing finger.
"Don't be as the dog that looks only at my finger! Look where I'm pointing!" - Chinese proverb
HughBe--- tell me more about the "usurpation".
My understanding of the levitical priesthood is echoed my a prophet called Malachi when he said

snyper---The admonition to move away from law and form being the basis of identity is a call made by each of the prophets.

HughBe---
1. I still have an interest in hearing about the usurpation.
2. Any "admonition to move away from law " is FALSEHOOD.

3. No prophet of God will advocate moving away from the Law. I am not sure I fully get the IDENTITY matter but based on what I understand you to be saying such thing is man-made FALSEHOOD.

"Ye shall NOT add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may KEEP the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#159 Nov 24, 2012
good night

Location hidden

#160 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
snyper---God speaks through his prophets, not the levitical writers.
HughBe---Was Moses a Levite?
snyper---Yes he was. But he was a prophet, not a priest. Definitely nepotistic, but not a priest. lol
HughBe--- I am aware that Moses was not a priest BUT he was a Levite just like Aaron his brother.
Having said that recall that you spoke of "levitical writers" and prophets. Now Moses was a Levite, a WRITER of the LAW and a PROPHET.
Finally, listen again to what God said via Malachi ""For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and THEY should SEEK the law AT his mouth: for HE is the MESSENGER of the LORD of hosts. "
Who are MESSENGERS? Are messengers vehicles through which messages are conveyed?
Do you believe any priest had the gift of prophecy?
If we believe the records, a couple were. The problem is that the records were written by the claimants.

In two places, Yeshua is recorded as clearly stating that not all the Mosaic/Levitical/Deuteronomic code is of prophetic utterence, and hence not divine in origin. Moshe did a little legislating all on his own. This simple fact is frequently overlooked by the pharisaically and juridically minded.

Further, the sources also give Yeshua teaching from the prophets almost entirely, and the M/L/D code ONLY where it agrees with the other prophets.

(btw: Moshe could not have written his own death. Even most Jewish Hebrew scholars agree that the Tanakh is a compilation from different sources with wildly different writing styles and conflicting accounts of events. The dynamic tension between the perspectives of those sources and the later prophetic literature is very explicitly recognized and discussed among Jewish scholars, and those of christendom.)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#161 Nov 25, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's review what Jewish scholars say was the reason for the destruction, eh?
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13827-...
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10122-...
It wasn't sexuality.
Compare the doctrine of the SCHOLARS with the words of the God Almighty and the PROPHETS Moses and Ezekiel. I will provide their words for your convenience.

Ezekiel--" Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

50 And they were haughty, AND COMMITTED ABOMINATION before me"

Do YOU notice that Sodom "COMMITTED ABOMINATION "?

Let us not guess about the TYPE of ABOMINATION.

Moses in the law--" And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may KNOW them.

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so WICKEDLY"

So, the men of Sodom wanted to KNOW the men in other words they wanted to have SEX with the angels and Lot called it WICKEDNESS.

Now note what God calls what they wanted to do to the men.
God --"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is ABOMINATION"

Please share this light with the SCHOLARS it is presented in a manner for them to understand.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162 Nov 25, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
If we believe the records, a couple were. The problem is that the records were written by the claimants.
In two places, Yeshua is recorded as clearly stating that not all the Mosaic/Levitical/Deuteronomic code is of prophetic utterence, and hence not divine in origin. Moshe did a little legislating all on his own. This simple fact is frequently overlooked by the pharisaically and juridically minded.
Further, the sources also give Yeshua teaching from the prophets almost entirely, and the M/L/D code ONLY where it agrees with the other prophets.
(btw: Moshe could not have written his own death. Even most Jewish Hebrew scholars agree that the Tanakh is a compilation from different sources with wildly different writing styles and conflicting accounts of events. The dynamic tension between the perspectives of those sources and the later prophetic literature is very explicitly recognized and discussed among Jewish scholars, and those of christendom.)
snyper---In two places, Yeshua is recorded as clearly stating that not all the Mosaic/Levitical/Deuteronomic code is of prophetic utterence, and hence not divine in origin.

HughBe--- Please share His plain words.

snyper-- Moshe did a little legislating all on his own. This simple fact is frequently overlooked by the pharisaically and juridically minded.

HughBe--- share the little

snyper---Further, the sources also give Yeshua teaching from the prophets almost entirely, and the M/L/D code ONLY where it agrees with the other prophets.

HughBe--- Here is one example or support for your point.

"And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them"

snyper---(btw: Moshe could not have written his own death. Even most Jewish Hebrew scholars agree that the Tanakh is a compilation from different sources with wildly different writing styles and conflicting accounts of events.

HughBe--- I am yet to be impressed with the wisdom of your SCHOLARS.

Did Moses know that he was going to DIE? YES

Given this knowledge was it impossible for him to write about his death? NO.

Location hidden

#163 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Compare the doctrine of the SCHOLARS with the words of the God Almighty and the PROPHETS Moses and Ezekiel. I will provide their words for your convenience.
Ezekiel--" Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50 And they were haughty, AND COMMITTED ABOMINATION before me"
Do YOU notice that Sodom "COMMITTED ABOMINATION "?
Let us not guess about the TYPE of ABOMINATION.
Moses in the law--" And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may KNOW them.
6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so WICKEDLY"
So, the men of Sodom wanted to KNOW the men in other words they wanted to have SEX with the angels and Lot called it WICKEDNESS.
Now note what God calls what they wanted to do to the men.
God --"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is ABOMINATION"
Please share this light with the SCHOLARS it is presented in a manner for them to understand.
Please list all those things identified as "abomination", taking special care to list them according to the Hebrew word being interpreted into the English "abomination".

Here. This can help you get started.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/352-ab...

Location hidden

#164 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
snyper---In two places, Yeshua is recorded as clearly stating that not all the Mosaic/Levitical/Deuteronomic code is of prophetic utterence, and hence not divine in origin.
HughBe--- Please share His plain words ...
Don't know the citations? See Mark and Matthew.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#165 Nov 25, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list all those things identified as "abomination", taking special care to list them according to the Hebrew word being interpreted into the English "abomination".
Here. This can help you get started.
snyper---Please list all those things identified as "abomination", taking special care to list them according to the Hebrew word being interpreted into the English "abomination".

HughBe--- There is no need to do so in given the context. What is done is what is needed and is not based on speculation.

Follow closely.

Speaking about men of Sodom God said,"And they were haughty, AND COMMITTED ABOMINATION before me"

Now listen to what God said in the Law about men having SEX with other men, the very nthing that the Sodomites wanted to do "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is ABOMINATION"

Finally, if you have a better word for ABOMINATION please supply it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#166 Nov 25, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know the citations? See Mark and Matthew.
No I don't, so please supply.

Location hidden

#168 Nov 25, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't, so please supply.
Once you do.

Location hidden

#169 Nov 25, 2012
Look. The underlying issue here is that you hold to the Biblicist and Inerrencist heresies. I don't. Almost nobody here does.

Again, "supply" all the instances your translation links with the English word "abomination". Please sort according to the Hebrew original term.

Here's that link again to get you started:

and some related reading:

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12984-...

Location hidden

#170 Nov 25, 2012
So has anyone read any reactions to the election in any Jewish publications or websites?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#171 Nov 25, 2012
snyper wrote:
Look. The underlying issue here is that you hold to the Biblicist and Inerrencist heresies. I don't. Almost nobody here does.
Again, "supply" all the instances your translation links with the English word "abomination". Please sort according to the Hebrew original term.
Here's that link again to get you started:
and some related reading:
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12984-...
HughBe---YOUR strategy i.e. saying things like "your translation links with the English word "abomination". Please sort according to the Hebrew original term." WILL NOT WORK.

It is my hope that you will now accept the word ABOMINATION given that it is taken from the Complete Jewish Bible or Chabad site

"You shall not lie down with a male, as with a woman: this is an ABOMINATION."

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/9...

snyper--The underlying issue here is that you hold to the Biblicist and Inerrencist heresies. I don't. Almost nobody here does.

HughBe--- The HERESIES are to be found in your beliefs. Why do you embrace FALSEHOOD?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chelsea Manning: a potent symbol for transgende... 5 hr No 24
News Estimated 150,000 US youths now identify as tra... 5 hr No 1
News Appeals court tells judge to allow transgender ... 10 hr No 1
News I'm undocumented. I'm transgender. I'm Muslim. ... 10 hr No 1
News Transgender model Anjali Lama looks sexy in hig... 10 hr No 1
News Ellen DeGeneres, Neil Patrick Harris and other ... 10 hr No 4
I need old man top in jeddah (May '13) 19 hr stef36 391
More from around the web