Ugandan court overturns law that puni...

Ugandan court overturns law that punished gays with life in prison

There are 2 comments on the Journal Gazette story from Aug 3, 2014, titled Ugandan court overturns law that punished gays with life in prison. In it, Journal Gazette reports that:

If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal Gazette.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1 Aug 3, 2014
I loved reading about the anti gay minister who wants the Parliament to investigate the courts for corruption.

It was the Parliament that cheated to pass this law so of course this guy wants the cheaters to investigate the people who caught them cheating.

If I can find the article again I'll post a link.

But it surprises me that most people are missing a key part of this whole story.

The Ugandan Parliament disobeyed it's own rules to pass this law.

If you have to cheat to win how noble is your cause?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#2 Aug 4, 2014
DNF wrote:
I loved reading about the anti gay minister who wants the Parliament to investigate the courts for corruption.
It was the Parliament that cheated to pass this law so of course this guy wants the cheaters to investigate the people who caught them cheating.
If I can find the article again I'll post a link.
But it surprises me that most people are missing a key part of this whole story.
The Ugandan Parliament disobeyed it's own rules to pass this law.
If you have to cheat to win how noble is your cause?
If the legislature deliberately did this so they could get more mileage out of this with domestic voters and avoid losing foreign aid then it is quite smart although mean.

It's a bit like how Bush won on an anti-gay marriage platform and then didn't support the federal marriage amendment and it failed to pass. They likely felt they could save it for another rainy day, not realizing how fast attitudes would shift in the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump pledges fealty to religious values, a oeM... 2 hr Red Crosse 125
News NHS sex quiz plans branded 'inappropriate' 16 hr NoahLovesU 20
News The Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival to ... 18 hr FRED 6
News Transgenders increasingly want to revert back t... 19 hr TerriB1 4
News Kim Davis, once jailed in US, campaigns against... 22 hr Gremlin 9
News More rejection of 'Intimate Conviction' - Anoth... Mon The Wheeze of Trump 4
Looking for a bottom in Riyadh Mon Blktop 1
More from around the web