Transgender campaigner 'was unsure of her identity'

Nov 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Echo

The well-known campaigner for equal rights had been undergoing gender reassignment treatment to become a woman for years but had not yet had an operation.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2013

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

How sad.
Can quite relate to her uncertainty. People often think of gender as one or other whereas it's actually more of a continuum line. But, unfortunately, most have to choose, or at least feel they have to because of pressure to do so. We can express ourselves in many outward ways... hairstyle and length being an obvious one, so if we can change so much why do we have to be compartmentalised into male or female. Some days we 'feel' more in touch with being a woman or with being a man, then why not don those clothes and go out... in an ideal world, which I'm fully aware it's not, others would see this and accept it in just the same way as they see us all smiley or looking thoughtful, and so on

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Yes, It is sad! I find in my own case that one source of fear is that you'll never make a good enough woman to be totally accepted as one. You're afraid of becoming stranded between the sexes. This can be daunting. Is FFS good enough? How will I look in ten years? what about my voice? And a really big one, Will these questions always be there? Will I ever be able to fully relax? We must all look to the future as being better, that we're all "Works in progress' and what is seen today is not what will be in the future.
Regards, Terri
Stocking wrote:
How sad.
Can quite relate to her uncertainty. People often think of gender as one or other whereas it's actually more of a continuum line. But, unfortunately, most have to choose, or at least feel they have to because of pressure to do so. We can express ourselves in many outward ways... hairstyle and length being an obvious one, so if we can change so much why do we have to be compartmentalised into male or female. Some days we 'feel' more in touch with being a woman or with being a man, then why not don those clothes and go out... in an ideal world, which I'm fully aware it's not, others would see this and accept it in just the same way as they see us all smiley or looking thoughtful, and so on

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••