Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 Full story: EDGE 12,515

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Full Story

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13364 Feb 6, 2013
Lyrics credit to Jerry Herman.
Thanks for everything Jerry.

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#13365 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
At least I'm using reason;
You are? Where? Is it the same place that you've hidden intelligence and sophistication? Because I don't see you using those, either.
Brian_G wrote:
No, stop gender equality now, to save our daughters, sisters, mothers and wives from training injury and death as front line combat troops. There's no need to put gender equality in our military, encourage victory instead. Women and children are a real protected class.
Gender equality is an ersatz right; same sex marriage is bad because it brings a new standard of gender segregation to marriage where only gender diversity and integration existed before.
This is "reason"? Conflating women in the military with civil marriage, among other non sequiturs?

This is nonsense.

I challenged you to provide evidence of anyone who has been victimized by "gender discrimination" in being allowed to obtain a civil marriage that is not limited on the basis of sex.

Clearly, you are unable to do so.
Dongg Haam Wangs

Sonoma, CA

#13366 Feb 7, 2013
Hello,
Please believe god loves you. god loves all stupid simple twitss and twott too as they are his toys. believe he knows what you do and sneaky eat and knows the evil odors you create and what these causes and how this makes the grand plan is a mystery of the spheres. Belief is it own reward. To believe makes feel better about all crud and nasty stuffs but wont fix them that is your job. Fix MY CRUDDs sayeth the lords and so we must go forth and so forth. Yea verily, I see the future and it is full to the brim with CRUDD which will need fixing so god will have a job; will you?

AOL

#13367 Feb 7, 2013
Jerald wrote:
<quoted text>
You are? Where? Is it the same place that you've hidden intelligence and sophistication? Because I don't see you using those, either.
<quoted text>
This is "reason"? Conflating women in the military with civil marriage, among other non sequiturs?
This is nonsense.
I challenged you to provide evidence of anyone who has been victimized by "gender discrimination" in being allowed to obtain a civil marriage that is not limited on the basis of sex.
Clearly, you are unable to do so.
"Reason transformed into prejudice is the worst form of prejudice, because reason is the only instrument for liberation from prejudice” Allan Bloom
FINE CHURCHGOER NO FORGIV

Sonoma, CA

#13369 Feb 7, 2013
Dongg Haam Wangs wrote:
Hello,
Please believe god loves you. god loves all stupid simple twitss and twott too as they are his toys. believe he knows what you do and sneaky eat and knows the evil odors you create and what these causes and how this makes the grand plan is a mystery of the spheres. Belief is it own reward. To believe makes feel better about all crud and nasty stuffs but wont fix them that is your job. Fix MY CRUDDs sayeth the lords and so we must go forth and so forth. Yea verily, I see the future and it is full to the brim with CRUDD which will need fixing so god will have a job; will you?
THID IS BLASTPHEMY!!! YOU WILL go to hell!!!! and be kept there for longer than time!!!! and NEVR come to Texas!!!! save for saving your stinky forein sole. May yr children and pets be gay today!!!!!
suxtux

Pittsburgh, PA

#13371 Feb 7, 2013
http://youtube.com/watch...
Gay isnt anything special it will never be taught

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#13372 Feb 8, 2013
Teach real history, not fake, political minority group PC history.
right on

Erie, PA

#13374 Mar 13, 2013
Absolutely! The story of Sodom and Gomorrah should be taught in all schools

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#13376 Mar 13, 2013
fr right on:

>Absolutely! The story of Sodom and Gomorrah should be taught in all schools<

Just remember to teach the REAL reason the cities were destroyed: Inhospitality to strangers.
MY OWN TEAPARTY REASON

Sonoma, CA

#13377 Mar 14, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr right on:
>Absolutely! The story of Sodom and Gomorrah should be taught in all schools<
Just remember to teach the REAL reason the cities were destroyed: Inhospitality to strangers.
`
That is why you should join us in the teaparty. We know how to fix them strangers and gimme gimme takers. The makers, which is what be one of these days when the bums is swept off and put in the reservation for bums and then the jobcreators see what a good job we done. We gots to start proving to the jobcreators what we are made of and keep the bums and strangers and know nothings and you-know-whats from voting and stop taxing the jobcreators and kick out social security, bum retirement, medicare, foodstamps, schools where they teach stuff nobody gets rightb and they kick you out for fooling. Representative said that the "takers are the authors of their own poverty and assorted ills and wants". I dont know about being authors of anything cept taggin buildings and fences but they sure piss us off and want too much. I dont like old folks who want discounts and free retirement and that is what the jobcreators say, to. Welcome to the TEAPARTY .
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#13378 Mar 14, 2013
MY OWN TEAPARTY REASON wrote:
<quoted text>
`
That is why you should join us in the teaparty. We know how to fix them strangers and gimme gimme takers. The makers, which is what be one of these days when the bums is swept off and put in the reservation for bums and then the jobcreators see what a good job we done. We gots to start proving to the jobcreators what we are made of and keep the bums and strangers and know nothings and you-know-whats from voting and stop taxing the jobcreators and kick out social security, bum retirement, medicare, foodstamps, schools where they teach stuff nobody gets rightb and they kick you out for fooling. Representative said that the "takers are the authors of their own poverty and assorted ills and wants". I dont know about being authors of anything cept taggin buildings and fences but they sure piss us off and want too much. I dont like old folks who want discounts and free retirement and that is what the jobcreators say, to. Welcome to the TEAPARTY .
You've been up all night drinking, haven't you?

AOL

#13379 Mar 14, 2013
The use of the story of Sodom to label a sex act is a good example of a misinterpretation and misapplication of biblical verses to demonize and dehumanize.

"The primarily sexual meaning of the word sodomia for Christians did not evolve before the 6th century AD. Roman Emperor Justinian I, in his novels no. 77 (dating 538) and no. 141 (dating 559) amended to his Corpus iuris civilis, and declared that Sodom's sin had been specifically same-sex activities and desire for them. He also linked "famines, earthquakes, and pestilences" upon cities as being due to "such crimes", during a time of recent earthquakes and other disasters." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy

Sin of Sodom http://www.iwgonline.org/docs/sodom.html

There are about twenty references to the story of Sodom in the Bible, and none of them says homosexuality was the sin of Sodom. One of the most extensive references to Sodom is found in Ezekiel, which says,“This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy. They were haughty and did abominable things before me; therefore I removed them when I saw it.”(Ezekiel 16:49-50 (See note 5.)) It is clear from this passage (and others like it (See note 6.)) that the abomination of Sodom, according to the Old Testament prophets, was that they behaved with callous indifference toward the weak and vulnerable — the poor, orphans, widows, and strangers in their midst." http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblica...

The point of Sodom was that you should love others, not abuse them. It was about harming them instead of treating them the way you want to be treated. It was about how you treat "the stranger at the gate." It had nothing to do with loving same sex relationships based on mutual respect and love between adults.

"Jesus and five Old Testament prophets all speak of the sins that led to the destruction of Sodom -- and not one of them mentions homosexuality. Even Billy Graham doesn't mention homosexuality when he preaches on Sodom."
"Ezekiel 16:48-49 tell us: "This is the sin of Sodom; she and her suburbs had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not help or encourage the poor and needy. They were arrogant and this was abominable in God's eyes."

"It was common for soldiers, thieves, and bullies to rape a fallen enemy, asserting their victory by dehumanizing and demeaning the vanquished. This act of raping an enemy is about power and revenge,"

And it still happens today, most notoriously in prisons. It is not about love. It is about power, control, domination, and abuse. Rape is not love.

"The sexual act that occurs in the story of Sodom is a gang rape -- and homosexuals oppose gang rape as much as anyone. That's why I believe the story of Sodom says a lot about God's will for each of us, but nothing about homosexuality as we understand it today." ( quotes from: What the Bible says - and doesn't say - about Homosexuality)

Even the English versions of this story demonstrate there was nothing that can be honestly used to condemn gay people. Many other explanations including the Jewish versions of the this story agree the message is that you should not harm others but instead, treat them with love.

"In Sodom every one who gave bread and water to the poor was condemned to death by fire (Yal&#7731;., Gen. 83). Two girls, one poor and the other rich, went to a well; and the former gave the latter her jug of water, receiving in return a vessel containing bread. When this became known, both were burned alive."
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13827-...

So when you see verses that refers to Sodomites, they are addressing those who harm others needlessly, not same sex relationships based on mutual love and respect.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#13381 Mar 14, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
The use of the story of Sodom to label a sex act is a good example of a misinterpretation and misapplication of biblical verses to demonize and dehumanize....
Nothing to do with homosexuality?

Genesis 19

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
KJV
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

AOL

#13382 Mar 14, 2013
Gang rape has nothing to do with loving same sex relationships based on mutual respect and love between adults.

No reasonable person believes all of the men "both old and young, all the people from every quarter" were gay.

And why offer daughters instead, to gay men?

Clearly, they weren't there to propose marriage or even committed, loving relationships.

Yet many continue to use this passage to ignore the Golden Rule, rather than to reinforce it as the story was intended.

The moral of Sodom was, you should treat others as you would yourself, and not harm them.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#13383 Mar 15, 2013
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/14/marco-r...
“Now in order to work together with people that you disagree with, there has to be mutual respect,” he explained.“That means I respect people that disagree with me on certain things, but they have to respect me too.”

“Just because I believe that states should have the right to define marriage in a traditional way does not make me a bigot,” Rubio said to cheers from the audience.“Just because we believe life, all life — all human life is worthy of protection at every stage in its development does not make you a chauvinist.”

“In fact, the people that are really closed minded in American politics are the people that love to preach about the certainty of science in regard to our climate, but ignore the absolute fact that science has proven that life begins at conception.”
beth

Ashland, KY

#13385 Mar 15, 2013
I will not have my children learning about homosexuality in school! I will pull them out first and home school. I am sure they hear enough from their peers. I will teach them everything they need to know about homosexuality. It is a sin and you will perish in hell for this terrible behavior.

El Paso, TX

#13386 Mar 16, 2013
You'll be in the going to hell line first since you choose to judge others while you have a log in your own eye.
beth wrote:
I will not have my children learning about homosexuality in school! I will pull them out first and home school. I am sure they hear enough from their peers. I will teach them everything they need to know about homosexuality. It is a sin and you will perish in hell for this terrible behavior.
Quest

Drakes Branch, VA

#13387 Mar 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing to do with homosexuality?
Genesis 19
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
KJV
So, prove that every man in the town was sexually attracted to the angels, down to the last male child, and that rape and sexual attraction are the same thing in the eyes of God. You will need to prove that every male in that town was gay.

Then, define exactly how the original word for "to know" is used throughout the bible, and see if it means sex or rape in every instance it is used.

Then, prove that rape and sex are the same things.

Finally, prove that straight males have never, though-out history, raped other males to prove dominance.

You will need to study all of these avenues if you want to prove that the lines you posted have anything to do with gay folks.

Come back with the results of your studies and we will talk.
Quest

Drakes Branch, VA

#13388 Mar 16, 2013
beth wrote:
They already are, since there are gay kids in each of their classes. And if you pull them out of school, they will still have gay friends, gay doctors and dentists, and gay co-workers when they hit the workforce.

You are surrounded by gay people. So are they.

Why would you teach them that a natural and God-given trait is a sin? Lying to your kids will only drive them away, especially when they make friends with the gay kids and learn that they are no different than anyone else.
Prunella PP

Sonoma, CA

#13389 Mar 17, 2013
beth wrote:
`
You are so right. I never had dealings with these people but I was the only agent waiting at the open house and there was nobody there so when they came to the door I let them in and then they removed all the rugs and pictures and took some kind of electrical stuff and asked me to sign a bunch of receipts and I didnt want to but they were big BIG and so did sign them as Washington Irving and they didnt note or care. Teaching at home would be nice in a place like that but I didnt go back after that mess or leave a card and I dont know if I wanmt to teach homosex stuff at home as the neighbors might find that too damn much. What would the teaching aids be like and would I have to show movies or demopnstrate or what the heck would homework be like and how would you grade it? I dont have any kids to speak of that I think would benefit from this and I think you may be a sicko to suggest doing stuff like that at home with impressionable students of any age unless you are a perv which is your right under the second amendment or so. Stop calling as there is nothing I can do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California gay rights group to push for blood d... 8 min Walter 27
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 42 min Frankie Rizzo 3,341
Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay' 1 hr Hoyt 14
Sir Ian McKellen awarded freedom of the City of... 1 hr Belle Sexton 11
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 1 hr visit jeddah 12,933
Tim Cook isn't the only openly gay CEO 1 hr Fa-Foxy 1
Bill Clinton: Gender and Racial Politics - Grea... 3 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 108
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 8 hr MBD 1,267
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 23 hr bsf4820 1,469
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) Wed visit jeddah 370