Teaching Gay History in California

Teaching Gay History in California

There are 12515 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 9, 2011, titled Teaching Gay History in California. In it, EDGE reports that:

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Brenda Lee Johnson

Los Angeles, CA

#13308 Feb 2, 2013
No the numbers of Gays are not increasing among our youth but an attitude of indifference toward morality. Thus one of the reasons for Gay attacks on Christianity.

There are people who claim to have had sex with Gays for money but are not interested otherwise.
That is a break down in morality.That same break down pushes the acceptance of homosexuality. The worst enemy Gays have is mother nature and the science that points out that homosexuality is perversion, but as you can see science can be silenced by Christianity can not.

I doubt the number of Gays within any particular group of people has ever exceeded much more than 2-3% of the population, they are more visible because the population is growing
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
And the evil gays have allowed homosexuals into the boy scouts! Numbers of homosexuals is increasing within our youth!

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#13309 Feb 2, 2013
You two could star in a remake of "Dumb and Dumber".
Brenda Lee Johnson wrote:
No the numbers of Gays are not increasing among our youth but an attitude of indifference toward morality. Thus one of the reasons for Gay attacks on Christianity.
There are people who claim to have had sex with Gays for money but are not interested otherwise.
That is a break down in morality.That same break down pushes the acceptance of homosexuality. The worst enemy Gays have is mother nature and the science that points out that homosexuality is perversion, but as you can see science can be silenced by Christianity can not.
I doubt the number of Gays within any particular group of people has ever exceeded much more than 2-3% of the population, they are more visible because the population is growing
<quoted text>
Carlos Masonic13

Sonoma, CA

#13311 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Now that you have mentioned it I looked it up and Ben Gleck are right. The pope does live with a guy named Gauwein who has said that his holiness has "impregnated my priesthood". I wish you hadnt mentioned it and then I wouldnt have looked it up and wouldn't know this and now I am confused about the whole thing of men in womens clothes with funny hats wafting incense and chanting who knows what whil kids are tied up in the vestry. Shame on you for telling this.
Beulah998

Sonoma, CA

#13312 Feb 3, 2013
DENG wrote:
California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.
OUTLAW HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOR, TO STOP AIDS, DEPORT ALL HOMOSEXUALS ANYWHERE PREFERABLY TO IRAN OR RUSSIA.
I dont want to pay for nudes to get free bags if I have to pay. there must be some other way for you to make money than selling these damn plastic bags that leak. Travelling to these countries to find plastic bags is silly and doesnt make much sense. Why do you think that plastic bags are easier to get in those countries and it would be unpleasant to be around old fat smelly folks of any country who are nude and none too clean. I believe you have to rethink your plan. Get some rest and take two of those things and watch TV for the rest of your life.
Blair

Burlingame, CA

#13313 Feb 3, 2013
Who is dumb?

Feces Consumption Leads High Incidence of Intestinal Parasites Among Gays

San Francisco -- San Francisco public health authorities have detected an unusual increase in cases of shigellosis, an unpleasant intestinal bug that can cause cramps, fever and bloody diarrhea for as long as a week.

So far this year, 205 cases of the bacterial infection, which is also know as bacillary dysentery, have been reported. That is nearly double the 113 cases reported during all of 1999. Of particular concern are the 50 cases reported in July and 60 cases in August -- the highest monthly rates since the city began tracking the disease in 1993.

A majority of the cases reported this year have been among gay men, who can be exposed to shigella bacteria through oral-anal contact. Day care workers also are at higher risk of contracting the illness.

``Because of the sharp increase in cases, it means people are engaged in behavior that puts them at risk for the disease,'' said Dr. Susan Fernyak, San Francisco director of communicable disease prevention.``It takes very few bacteria to transmit shigellosis. It's very infectious.''

There is no vaccine to prevent shigellosis, but it is readily treated with antibiotics. A similar illness, hepatitis A, does not respond to antibiotics, but cases of that illness have dropped sharply since a vaccine to prevent it became available.

Fernyak said those who are infected should not handle food. The bacteria may still be present in the body for as long as a week after symptoms of the illness are gone. It is possible for someone to contract a mild case of the bug and show few symptoms of the illness, but still be capable of transmitting it to others.

Dr. Tomas Aragon, director of Community Health and Epidemiology, said that there is a chronic low-level form of shigellosis in San Francisco's gay community and that periodically the number of cases will rise, particularly during the summer months.

Of the cases recorded this year, 82 percent were among men, and 63 percent of those volunteered information that they were gay or bisexual. Six men who contracted the diseases reported that they were heterosexual.

There were 17 cases of shigellosis among children under the age of 5 -- a rate that has not changed in recent years. Seven out of 10 cases reported this year involve a strain of shigella bacteria called sonnei, which tends to show up when the number of cases of the illness increases sharply. Another strain of the shigella, known as flexneri, is more common at chronic low levels of infection in the population.

Aragon said the number of cases reported so far this year put San Francisco on a pace to meet or exceed the 326 cases reported in 1995.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
High Incidence of Intestinal Bug Among Gays

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
TomInElPaso wrote:
You two could star in a remake of "Dumb and Dumber".
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#13317 Feb 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage would affect all gender segregated institutions; they would need to adapt to marriage and mating among their population. Same sex marriage would cause harm in prisons, if prison rape is already bad enough, imagine prison same sex marriage.
I think you've finally lost your grip on reality. Unless you are kidding with this stuff?

You can't be serious?

Location hidden

#13318 Feb 3, 2013
Blair wrote:
Who is dumb?
Feces Consumption Leads High Incidence of Intestinal Parasites Among Gays
Anyone who would endlessly post this silly stuff ...

Location hidden

#13319 Feb 3, 2013
Blair wrote:
Do you think they will include this?
DEFENDING INNOCENCE
Grooming kids in a 'gay' identity
P.......
No, because you can't groom a kid into being gay, any more than straight teachers who abuse their power and their charges room those poor kids into being straight.

At least pretend to provide a fact or two.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13320 Feb 3, 2013
This thread has gotten weird and typical bigotry..Yo Brenda and Blair how did that Chlamydia test work out for ya? POS

El Paso, TX

#13322 Feb 3, 2013
You don't know crap, you wallow in it.
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the little doggie wants to talk big, we know our stuff boy!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#13323 Feb 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
I think you've finally lost your grip on reality. Unless you are kidding with this stuff? You can't be serious?
The consequences of same sex marriage on gender segregated institutions are serious! Maybe Quest doesn't care about about inpatient care and prison safety, but I do. More prisons, not same sex marriage.

El Paso, TX

#13324 Feb 3, 2013
Hey Brian, watch where you're buying your smoke, they're obviously lacing it with something.

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The consequences of same sex marriage on gender segregated institutions are serious! Maybe Quest doesn't care about about inpatient care and prison safety, but I do. More prisons, not same sex marriage.
Vito

Phoenix, AZ

#13325 Feb 3, 2013
Thank You Brenda! Good Post
<quoted text>
mammy yoknuf00

Sonoma, CA

#13327 Feb 3, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
And the evil gays have allowed homosexuals into the boy scouts! Numbers of homosexuals is increasing within our youth!
I done got my boys out that place and in the footballs place and then they is all for packin mud in the locker rooms over there and now they dress funny but got lots money with a beeny bit of makeup on. They dont like the ham but buy nice lunch when they visit. so what.
mammy yoknuf00

Sonoma, CA

#13328 Feb 3, 2013
what about fat people and their right to have small stinky noisy demented nude dogs? This is a god given right and that is that. I dont care what you say and that is why I believe in the teabag party and always vote for them and their stuff as they dont know crap either and refuse to learn which is a strategic position but there are plenty of us and we all meet in church. woopee in the vestry no more but planning in the sacristy is on and you are off. Or something like that cant we all just get along with the korean mooslimms? Remeber that DC is full now of the Morons from Outer Space who have taken over so we have to go along or lose our pups.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#13330 Feb 4, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
Hey Brian, watch where you're buying your smoke, they're obviously lacing it with something.
.<quoted text>
Tom isn't facing the argument, ad hominem isn't reason. Most same sex marriage supporters feel they are superior people to their political opponents and it fills them with hate, so they often insult. Don't take it personal, but call it when you see it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#13331 Feb 4, 2013
Quest wrote:
I think you've finally lost your grip on reality. Unless you are kidding with this stuff? You can't be serious?
Same sex marriage supporters don't like to think about the consequences of their policy, they don't take tomorrow seriously. I ask Quest, what will be the probable affect of same sex marriage on gender segregated institutions, where unrelated adults are held in a communal living environment? We already have too much prison rape, will we get forced same sex marriage?

The consequences of same sex marriage would be serious to prisoners and the free, no kidding.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#13333 Feb 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
And the judge even made a law that someone is allowed to rape their spouse.
Exactly, marriage isn't for everybody.

Largelanguage wrote:
Many women like to sexually abuse husbands, so it would normally be the men that get the worst of it.
Well, I can certainly agree, same sex marriage would be bad for men and women too.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13336 Feb 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage certainly isn't for gays. I won't allow them in if they knock on my door pleading to be homeless!
Have you ever had a psych eval?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13337 Feb 4, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've finally lost your grip on reality. Unless you are kidding with this stuff?
You can't be serious?
That's what I was thinking. Hard to imagine someone typing this stuff and not laughing at the same time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 5 min Pietro Armando 5,629
gay/bi skype fun (Jul '13) 9 min Clack 227
News Human Rights Campaign report says Chattanooga l... 35 min Divine Providence 44
Yanbu Bottom & Top 44 min Serious Btm Yanbu 3
Fun in Yanbu 50 min Serious Btm Yanbu 13
News Michigan Transgender Residents Fighting for Rig... 1 hr Sneaky Pete 2
News Ireland same-sex marriage 1 hr Andy 130
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 5 hr sureshkumar12345 1,713
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 12 hr Sam jeddah 1,873
More from around the web