Teaching Gay History in California

Teaching Gay History in California

There are 12515 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 9, 2011, titled Teaching Gay History in California. In it, EDGE reports that:

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#13250 Jan 29, 2013
Tony C wrote:
you're repeating yourself, stupid. Are you drunk already?
You haven't answered the change; same sex marriage would permit forced prison marriages where consent is problematic at best, in prisons.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13251 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
I have proof of the methods kids can be made homosexual.
Now that is comical.

El Paso, TX

#13252 Jan 30, 2013
We use to think you were just plain stupid then you go and post something like this and prove you're an idiot.

Good job man!
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't answered the change; same sex marriage would permit forced prison marriages where consent is problematic at best, in prisons.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13253 Jan 30, 2013
I can give you proof if you want.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13254 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't answered the change; same sex marriage would permit forced prison marriages where consent is problematic at best, in prisons.
Umm...how about...no, it wouldn't, because only you are that retarded to believe that.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13255 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
I can give you proof if you want.
Have at it. It ought to be good for a laugh. At least then you'd have some purpose in life.
Trank48

Woodland Hills, CA

#13256 Jan 30, 2013
How about giving the kids an education, the heck with all those special interest subjets. Focus on the ABC's. Sick of hearing we need more tax money for education in California....WE rank near the bottom of the nation's school poll now with all the money we dump into education. Who's kidding who, the money goes to the union and pensions, the kids get nothng.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13257 Jan 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Have at it. It ought to be good for a laugh. At least then you'd have some purpose in life.
If a teenage girl enjoys looking at themselves in the mirror, they are considered straight, but if a boy does it, they are considered gay. Also the male body is apparently meant to be sexually attractive to gay males, not straight women, unlike females, since the painting of the death of sebastian with an arrow stuck in him with only a towl wrapped round is loins is considered homoerotic, while paintings of naked women is considered usually straight, so therefore if a boy wants to be sexually admired(Really by girls), he will assume he is gay, because gays are meant to be sexually attracted to the male body, so he will assume he has a gay desire.

El Paso, TX

#13258 Jan 30, 2013
Too bad Topix doesn't have a Judge This Post Icon showing a whole bag of nuts or maybe a pile of loose screws.

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
If a teenage girl enjoys looking at themselves in the mirror, they are considered straight, but if a boy does it, they are considered gay. Also the male body is apparently meant to be sexually attractive to gay males, not straight women, unlike females, since the painting of the death of sebastian with an arrow stuck in him with only a towl wrapped round is loins is considered homoerotic, while paintings of naked women is considered usually straight, so therefore if a boy wants to be sexually admired(Really by girls), he will assume he is gay, because gays are meant to be sexually attracted to the male body, so he will assume he has a gay desire.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13260 Jan 30, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
Too bad Topix doesn't have a Judge This Post Icon showing a whole bag of nuts or maybe a pile of loose screws.
<quoted text>
Sucks when you don't have any interesting thoughts to share, child!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13261 Jan 30, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason my "Judge It" feature doesn't work. Usually I don't mind, but irrational stuff like this makes me wish it did. How about "skating on the wrong side of the ice"?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13262 Jan 30, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason my "Judge It" feature doesn't work. Usually I don't mind, but irrational stuff like this makes me wish it did. How about "skating on the wrong side of the ice"?
Look what I judged your reply as!

AOL

#13263 Jan 30, 2013
Again, Evidence exists both through clinical studies as well as through the personal testimony of millions of gay and straight people around the world who will testify they have no choice over to whom they are emotionally, romantically, and physically attracted. Bisexual people sometimes confuse the issue as it takes some of them a long time to realize that while they experience attractions to some members of both sexes, they have no choice over being attracted. Like gay and straight people, they only have a choice of whether to act on their attractions.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13264 Jan 30, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Again, Evidence exists both through clinical studies as well as through the personal testimony of millions of gay and straight people around the world who will testify they have no choice over to whom they are emotionally, romantically, and physically attracted. Bisexual people sometimes confuse the issue as it takes some of them a long time to realize that while they experience attractions to some members of both sexes, they have no choice over being attracted. Like gay and straight people, they only have a choice of whether to act on their attractions.
Provide evidence child!

El Paso, TX

#13265 Jan 30, 2013
Certainly not to your nonsensical blather, which is some 95% of what you post.

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Sucks when you don't have any interesting thoughts to share, child!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#13266 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap. I don't know what to say. I think I was right a few pages back - I seriously think you have serious mental issues.

This is not message board rhetoric or a put-down. I sincerely believe you have serious mental issues.

That post was...beyond...insane.

AOL

#13267 Jan 30, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide evidence child!
"The idea that homosexuality is a mental disorder or that the emergence of same-sex attraction and orientation among some adolescents is in any way abnormal or mentally unhealthy has no support among any mainstream health and mental health professional organizations.

Despite the general consensus of major medical, health, and mental health professions that both heterosexuality and homosexuality are normal expressions of human sexuality, efforts to change sexual orientation through therapy have been adopted by some political and religious organizations and aggressively promoted to the public. However, such efforts have serious potential to harm young people because they present the view that the sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth is a mental illness or disorder, and they often frame the inability to change one’s sexual orientation as a personal and moral failure.

Because of the aggressive promotion of efforts to change sexual orientation through therapy, a number of medical, health, and mental health professional organizations have issued public statements about the dangers of this approach. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of Social Workers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured.”

The American Academy of Pediatrics advises youth that counseling may be helpful for you if you feel confused about your sexual identity. Avoid any treatments that claim to be able to change a person’s sexual orientation, or treatment ideas that see homosexuality as a sickness."

Just the Facts About Sexual Orientation and Youth [APP]
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13269 Jan 31, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
"The idea that homosexuality is a mental disorder or that the emergence of same-sex attraction and orientation among some adolescents is in any way abnormal or mentally unhealthy has no support among any mainstream health and mental health professional organizations.
Despite the general consensus of major medical, health, and mental health professions that both heterosexuality and homosexuality are normal expressions of human sexuality, efforts to change sexual orientation through therapy have been adopted by some political and religious organizations and aggressively promoted to the public. However, such efforts have serious potential to harm young people because they present the view that the sexual orientation of lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth is a mental illness or disorder, and they often frame the inability to change one’s sexual orientation as a personal and moral failure.
Because of the aggressive promotion of efforts to change sexual orientation through therapy, a number of medical, health, and mental health professional organizations have issued public statements about the dangers of this approach. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Counseling Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American School Counselor Association, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the National Association of Social Workers, together representing more than 480,000 mental health professionals, have all taken the position that homosexuality is not a mental disorder and thus is not something that needs to or can be “cured.”
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises youth that counseling may be helpful for you if you feel confused about your sexual identity. Avoid any treatments that claim to be able to change a person’s sexual orientation, or treatment ideas that see homosexuality as a sickness."
Just the Facts About Sexual Orientation and Youth [APP]
Hearsay is not proof, try arguing facts instead OF YOUR LIES HITLER!

AOL

#13270 Jan 31, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Findings based on research, not hearsay. Your ad hominem attacks fail to change the fact every mainstream scientific body agrees, based on the research:

"Contrary to claims of sexual orientation change advocates and practitioners, there is insufficient evidence to support the use of psychological interventions to change sexual orientation," said Judith M. Glassgold, PsyD, chair of the task force. "Scientifically rigorous older studies in this area found that sexual orientation was unlikely to change due to efforts designed for this purpose. Contrary to the claims of SOCE practitioners and advocates, recent research studies do not provide evidence of sexual orientation change as the research methods are inadequate to determine the effectiveness of these interventions." Glassgold added: "At most, certain studies suggested that some individuals learned how to ignore or not act on their homosexual attractions. Yet, these studies did not indicate for whom this was possible, how long it lasted or its long-term mental health effects. Also, this result was much less likely to be true for people who started out only attracted to people of the same sex."

Based on this review, the task force recommended that mental health professionals avoid misrepresenting the efficacy of sexual orientation change efforts when providing assistance to people distressed about their own or others' sexual orientation.

Insufficient Evidence that Sexual Orientation Change Efforts Work, Says [American Psychological Association]

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13271 Jan 31, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Pappy, don't make me look this sh*t up for you..The AMA (American Medical Association) stated several years ago that Homosexuality wasn't a mental illness...Get over it and move on..Do something else, go watch TV or something..I'm really not wishing ill of you but, It's getting embarrassing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr NoahLovesU 8,770
News Pope Francis Praises Gay Children's Book 2 hr Belle Sexton 4
News Transgender clinic opens 4 hr Dave 39
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 7 hr Fguy 2,045
I want a girlfriend or a friend from Jeddah (May '13) 8 hr arsalan 36
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 11 hr maher 1,851
Jubail gays expat (Sep '13) 12 hr pash jubail 149
More from around the web