Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Comments
12,061 - 12,080 of 12,516 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2013

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't feel bitter about gays really, until they rape innocent children! Now that makes me angry!
Dude...Please follow my last post to you...I can't communicate and be remotely civil anymore, it's too painful.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh My God...Please go read something...anything, Other than the King James Bible! BTW who was a closet queen.
I read the NASB(New American Standard Bible). Not the king james version.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
No they aren't. Explain how homosexual animals are better at raising them than straight animals. Homosexuality occured mostly in domestic and agricultural animals, meaning people owning them had a better hold of animals to homosexual if are more accessible. Animals being herded can be targetted by one animal homosexualizing person and the homosexuality can spread to the other animals being herded.
Your theory has no scientific support, and fails to explain all of the 1500 species where same sex coupling is observed.

In some species, two males are better at defending the offspring when they take turns searching for food. Sometimes two females do better, depending on the species. With over 1500 species involved, there are many different scenarios.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I know..it's a waste of my time to even try. Most of the bigots on here are misinformed by mommy, TV and what they 'think' Jesus wants them to do...Sad isn't it?
Sad indeed. It would be laughable if not for the fact the prejudice they promote causes needless suffering and death, here and around the world.

Yet many, even those with extreme prejudice, have been able to overcome it, demonstrating it can be done. The nearly impossible task is determining who can and who cannot. Here is just one of many examples:

"Several books already exist attempting to demonstrate that the Christian Bible does not, in fact, condemn consenting-adult homosexuality. But "God is Not a Homophobe" has a unique perspective in that the author has a lifetime of experience in pastoring hard-core fundamentalist churches. His former bitter opposition to all forms of homosexuality has given way to a rational, unbiased acceptance that the Bible says hardly anything about homosexuality, and what it does say cannot honestly be used to condemn consenting same-sex unions." "God is not a Homophobe: An unbiased look at Homosexuality in the Bible" by Philo Thelos

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I know my prejudices, I'm not irrational, I know myself, not all emotionally led away like you, few!
It is your prejudice that is irrational.

You provide no legitimate governmental interest sufficient to justify refusing to treat others as you would yourself under the law.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

And just because you don't care we have something very special to tell you: Your churches are dying a fairly rapid death. The number of 30 to 50 year olds regularly attending church is down by huge percentages and the number of 15 to 30 year olds is dropping like a rock. Within ten years hundreds of churches will have failed to keep sufficient membership to function and by mid-century more than half of them will be gone.

The hatred you and others so willingly exhibit on here and is all too commonly coming from your priests and ministers as well. It's your own doing and you'll pay the price for it. Sleep in the bed you made.
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Most young people have this attitude: That religion is evil, perverted, kills people, takes away freedom ect. Whatevet you say, we don't care. Hope young people don't turn out like this when the're older.

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I think you just wrote a Saturday Night Live skit.

You really, really, really have absolutely no grasp of reality or any form of science.
Largelanguage wrote:
No they aren't. Explain how homosexual animals are better at raising them than straight animals. Homosexuality occured mostly in domestic and agricultural animals, meaning people owning them had a better hold of animals to homosexual if are more accessible. Animals being herded can be targetted by one animal homosexualizing person and the homosexuality can spread to the other animals being herded.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theory has no scientific support, and fails to explain all of the 1500 species where same sex coupling is observed.
In some species, two males are better at defending the offspring when they take turns searching for food. Sometimes two females do better, depending on the species. With over 1500 species involved, there are many different scenarios.
2 male are better at defending and eating it all for themselves! And homosexuals had plenty of time to spread it to 1500 species!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad indeed. It would be laughable if not for the fact the prejudice they promote causes needless suffering and death, here and around the world.
Yet many, even those with extreme prejudice, have been able to overcome it, demonstrating it can be done. The nearly impossible task is determining who can and who cannot. Here is just one of many examples:
"Several books already exist attempting to demonstrate that the Christian Bible does not, in fact, condemn consenting-adult homosexuality. But "God is Not a Homophobe" has a unique perspective in that the author has a lifetime of experience in pastoring hard-core fundamentalist churches. His former bitter opposition to all forms of homosexuality has given way to a rational, unbiased acceptance that the Bible says hardly anything about homosexuality, and what it does say cannot honestly be used to condemn consenting same-sex unions." "God is not a Homophobe: An unbiased look at Homosexuality in the Bible" by Philo Thelos
Read Romans fool! God said any man who sleeps with a man as if it was a women is an abomination and should be put to death in the law of God! It also says homosexuals will not enter heaven in Romans, and have been given over to vile affections!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

TomInElPaso wrote:
And just because you don't care we have something very special to tell you: Your churches are dying a fairly rapid death. The number of 30 to 50 year olds regularly attending church is down by huge percentages and the number of 15 to 30 year olds is dropping like a rock. Within ten years hundreds of churches will have failed to keep sufficient membership to function and by mid-century more than half of them will be gone.
The hatred you and others so willingly exhibit on here and is all too commonly coming from your priests and ministers as well. It's your own doing and you'll pay the price for it. Sleep in the bed you made.
<quoted text>
Proof your statistics are accurate evil monster of Satan! Man of satan! Teenagers are rebelling against parents, that doesn't mean they have rebelled against God! I know Thy word!

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I've got a Pet Rock that's smarter than you.

You're just sputtering gibberish. I'd rather talk to a door knob and my time would have been better spent.

Besides, I've got to get to Squirrel University to teach my How to be a homosexual" class. They pay me with nuts.

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof your statistics are accurate evil monster of Satan! Man of satan! Teenagers are rebelling against parents, that doesn't mean they have rebelled against God! I know Thy word!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

TomInElPaso wrote:
I've got a Pet Rock that's smarter than you.
You're just sputtering gibberish. I'd rather talk to a door knob and my time would have been better spent.
Besides, I've got to get to Squirrel University to teach my How to be a homosexual" class. They pay me with nuts.
<quoted text>
No, you have already been taught to be a homosexual! If you were in Gods house, the pastor would have told you that you have been taught to go to hell, and he would have been right!

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
2 male are better at defending and eating it all for themselves! And homosexuals had plenty of time to spread it to 1500 species!
You still fail to demonstrate the mode and motivation for transmission, even if that was possible. But it is not. It occurs naturally. Denial of the evidence also fails to qualify as a valid argument.

As Tom points out, this works best as a comedy skit, not a rational argument.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Romans fool!
You demonstrate the problem with using your modern English mistranslation and misinterpretation of ancient texts to justify ignoring the Golden Rule, and instead, causing needless suffering and death.

Romans was about pagan ritual orgies with temple prostitutes. While common at the time, most people today don't even consider that as an option for worship services. But at that time and place, it was the thing to do. It was expected.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Following quote from "What the Bible Says - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality" by Rev. Dr. Mel White:
"Paul is writing this letter to Rome after his missionary tour of the Mediterranean. On his journey Paul had seen great temples built to honor Aphrodite, Diana, and other fertility gods and goddesses of sex and passion instead of the one true God the apostle honors. Apparently, these priests and priestesses engaged in some odd sexual behaviors -- including castrating themselves, carrying on drunken sexual orgies, and even having sex with young temple prostitutes (male and female)-- all to honor the gods of sex and pleasure.

You'll also note that Romans 2 begins with "Therefore,[referring to Romans 1], you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself..." Even after he describes the disturbing practices he has seen, Paul warns us that judging others is God's business, not ours."
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You still fail to demonstrate the mode and motivation for transmission, even if that was possible. But it is not. It occurs naturally. Denial of the evidence also fails to qualify as a valid argument.
As Tom points out, this works best as a comedy skit, not a rational argument.
Isolating cows and leaving them on their own, with other cows with rising hormones! Sexual confusion and a lack of understanding of themselves! Yes, of course this sounds more like the human phase teenagers go through, but no one said cows can't be teenagers, although I'm sure they go through a considerably more simplified version.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have already been taught...!
You have been taught an irrational but harmful prejudice based on nothing more than a few misunderstood ancient texts, and a fear of people you don't understand.

There is a significant and growing consensus among biblical scholars about the few biblical texts that are often referenced as the basis for condemning same-gender loving people of God. Contemporary biblical scholarship argues strongly against this condemnation and finds a much more significant Gospel message that supports the inclusion of LGBT persons into the full life and mission of the church.(United Church of Christ.)

Again, several books have been written showing the few verses you use to justify causing needless suffering and death, have been mistranslated and misinterpreted. Your your decision to use them to judge and harm is not supported by the original scriptures.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You demonstrate the problem with using your modern English mistranslation and misinterpretation of ancient texts to justify ignoring the Golden Rule, and instead, causing needless suffering and death.
Romans was about pagan ritual orgies with temple prostitutes. While common at the time, most people today don't even consider that as an option for worship services. But at that time and place, it was the thing to do. It was expected.
Did the bible say that was the reason why? No it didn't, otherwise it would have said..
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
Following quote from "What the Bible Says - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality" by Rev. Dr. Mel White:
"Paul is writing this letter to Rome after his missionary tour of the Mediterranean. On his journey Paul had seen great temples built to honor Aphrodite, Diana, and other fertility gods and goddesses of sex and passion instead of the one true God the apostle honors. Apparently, these priests and priestesses engaged in some odd sexual behaviors -- including castrating themselves, carrying on drunken sexual orgies, and even having sex with young temple prostitutes (male and female)-- all to honor the gods of sex and pleasure.
You'll also note that Romans 2 begins with "Therefore,[referring to Romans 1], you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself..." Even after he describes the disturbing practices he has seen, Paul warns us that judging others is God's business, not ours."
Disturbing sexual practices. Sounds a lot like homosexual anal sex to me.

“I AM”

Since: Jan 13

Blow Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Disturbing sexual practices. Sounds a lot like homosexual anal sex to me.
Many heterosexuals have anal sex. Is that also considered disturbing as well by your standards?

Many heterosexuals have their bag of toys. Is that too considered to be disturbing? You seem to have quite the imagination for the homosexual bed room. Is it just as imaginative for the heterosexuals with the bag of toys?

I think both sides present a valid point of view, I do not agree sex needs to be thrown into the discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Miama-Dade County Ends Same-Sex Marriage Ban 19 min RalphB 9
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 31 min Sam jeddah 12,275
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 49 min SSMN 263
Sweden resumes aid to Uganda after suspending i... 2 hr Belle Sexton 14
shemale bbm pins 5 hr African beauty 21
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 5 hr T0p Jeddah 973
Idaho 'Add the 4 Words' activists are sentenced 6 hr Ibn Natas 29
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) Sun Lov- 255
•••