Obama Proclaims June LGBT Pride Month

Obama Proclaims June LGBT Pride Month

There are 5 comments on the EDGE story from Jun 8, 2014, titled Obama Proclaims June LGBT Pride Month. In it, EDGE reports that:

President Barack Obama declared June Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month in a proclamation released by the White House May 30, and called on Americans to recommit themselves to finishing the work that remains for achieving full equality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Jun 8, 2014
Now that gay people are gaining more acceptance in society, he should start saying something about age discrimination as well. Especially in the workplace.

And it is time someone in power also brought up discrimination based on physical appearance and size.

There is still a long way to go before everyone is treated according to their own merits.
vote no gay

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jun 8, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
And it is time someone in power also brought up discrimination based on physical appearance and size.
I am sure that everyone who is gay, fat and ugly agrees with you!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Jun 8, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
Now that gay people are gaining more acceptance in society, he should start saying something about age discrimination as well. Especially in the workplace.
There is still a long way to go before everyone is treated according to their own merits.
It will never happen. Human nature says no way.
Tall men make more money than short men.
Good looking women make more than ugly women.
Good looking women get jobs they don't qualify for.
If you're obese, put down the doughnut and the candy bar.
Stop getting the super size for only $0.59 more.

True story. I don't eat at McDonald's very often. One time I stopped there because I was hungry and it was right there. I got behind a woman that had to weigh 300 pounds. She ordered 2 whoppers, large fries, 2 apple pies and a diet coke. I did laugh out loud. What's with the diet coke? IOW, stop being your own worst enemy.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#4 Jun 8, 2014
vote no gay wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that everyone who is gay, fat and ugly agrees with you!
You will fall into the last category when someone pours sulfuric acid on your trailer trash face as you justly deserve.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Jun 9, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
What about equal pay for women ? Female White House staffers make about 49% less than their male counterparts in the White House. They should UNIONIZE ! Raise the George Meany-Albert Shanker Flag" !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female to Male Massage in Jeddah (Sep '15) 4 hr Noufal 9
News Anxiety in America up since Donald Trump became... 5 hr o see the light 40
News Americans oppose bathroom laws limiting transge... 7 hr Big Boob Babe 7
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 14 hr Tre H 21
News Man Beat 2 Transgender Women Who Tried to Enter... 22 hr Mona 40
Any Indian top in madina ? Fri Saw69 1
News 'Mass Effect: Andromeda' Includes Same-Sex Roma... Fri Rainbow Kid 1
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) Mar 21 sam 2,313
More from around the web