UT investigates study on kids with ga...

UT investigates study on kids with gay parents

There are 311 comments on the www.statesman.com story from Jul 11, 2012, titled UT investigates study on kids with gay parents. In it, www.statesman.com reports that:

Allegations of scientific misconduct have prompted the University of Texas to investigate a professor's study that found adults with gay parents reported significantly different life experiences than the children of married, heterosexual biological parents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.statesman.com.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Jul 11, 2012
HAIL TEXAS ! Where your cousin is also your spouse !

:)

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#2 Jul 11, 2012
It will be interesting to see the outcome. However, there's definitely a rat over at the publication that needs to be weeded out. Hopefully the outcome will he half as delicious as it should be.
Mitt s Dog Crate Roofies

Souderton, PA

#3 Jul 12, 2012
I suspect the professor in question takes a "wide stance"...in research terms, of course.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#4 Jul 12, 2012
Well, well, well. It's about time that the whackos are being investigated for scientific misconduct. Of course that won't change what the fundies believe. Their entire lives are based on lies.

“We are all atheists”

Since: May 11

Lewes, DE

#5 Jul 12, 2012
Unfortunately, harm has already been done with this sham study. You can even see it in this article:

"...Regnerus found that adults with gay parents tended to report lower levels of success in economic and romantic pursuits and struggled more with mental health issues."

The writer's slant here does not question the results of the study at all, and makes Regnerus' findings sound like proven fact.

Add to that the fact that NOM and other anti-gay organizations are already touting it as proving that they were right about harming children.

Ex-gay organizations held up a similarly-flawed study (Robert Spitzer's study which seemed to indicate that changing orientation was possible) for more than ten years as the scientific "proof" that undergirded their harmful programs. That study has been retracted by its author, but the harm it caused is a fait accompli.

Let's hope that this study is revealed to be the biased, scientifically unsound trash that it is (even I can understand its flaws), and that it is relegated to some dusty shelf somewhere, but knowing NOM and their ilk, that won't stop them from pointing at it and using it to defame and devalue others.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jul 12, 2012
qwerty26 wrote:
Unfortunately, harm has already been done with this sham study. You can even see it in this article:
"...Regnerus found that adults with gay parents tended to report lower levels of success in economic and romantic pursuits and struggled more with mental health issues."
The writer's slant here does not question the results of the study at all, and makes Regnerus' findings sound like proven fact.
Add to that the fact that NOM and other anti-gay organizations are already touting it as proving that they were right about harming children.
Ex-gay organizations held up a similarly-flawed study (Robert Spitzer's study which seemed to indicate that changing orientation was possible) for more than ten years as the scientific "proof" that undergirded their harmful programs. That study has been retracted by its author, but the harm it caused is a fait accompli.
Let's hope that this study is revealed to be the biased, scientifically unsound trash that it is (even I can understand its flaws), and that it is relegated to some dusty shelf somewhere, but knowing NOM and their ilk, that won't stop them from pointing at it and using it to defame and devalue others.
How about the Great State of Pennsylvania and Penn State University, along with the football god coach Joe Paterno, knowingly witholding and covering up the Sandusky sex scandal for YEARS. Here was a college football coach having sex with little boys, was exposed years ago, and nothing was done until just recently. And what really makes me want to throw up is the comments from the gay community that deny that Sandusky was a homosexual, even though it has been proven he engaged in the same sex acts as gay men do, except his victims were male children. Some of these gay folks in denial say Sandusky is a pedophile, not gay. Huh?

It is typical for the gay community to make their 'indignation' known when allegations like those from the Regnerus Study surface, but when an investigation and court action against someone like Sandusky is completed-TOTAL SILENCE.

If gays want equality/rights, then take equality/rights RESPONSIBLITY along with the rest of us.

“We are all atheists”

Lewes, DE

#7 Jul 12, 2012
I will not take responsibility for a pedophile.

(Nor would I disparage all heteros because of the actions of some of them.)

San Francisco

#8 Jul 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the Great State of Pennsylvania and Penn State University, along with the football god coach Joe Paterno, knowingly witholding and covering up the Sandusky sex scandal for YEARS. Here was a college football coach having sex with little boys, was exposed years ago, and nothing was done until just recently. And what really makes me want to throw up is the comments from the gay community that deny that Sandusky was a homosexual, even though it has been proven he engaged in the same sex acts as gay men do, except his victims were male children. Some of these gay folks in denial say Sandusky is a pedophile, not gay. Huh?
It is typical for the gay community to make their 'indignation' known when allegations like those from the Regnerus Study surface, but when an investigation and court action against someone like Sandusky is completed-TOTAL SILENCE.
If gays want equality/rights, then take equality/rights RESPONSIBLITY along with the rest of us.
Put down your crack pipe and read the newspapers. The Penn State/Sandusky scandal has NOTHING to do with the gay community. It was a pedophile whose actions were covered up by his straight colleagues. Perhaps YOU like to be held accountable for their actions? Idiot.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Jul 12, 2012
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down your crack pipe and read the newspapers. The Penn State/Sandusky scandal has NOTHING to do with the gay community. It was a pedophile whose actions were covered up by his straight colleagues. Perhaps YOU like to be held accountable for their actions? Idiot.
And as compensation to the victims, Penn State should be closed and sold at auction to the highest bidder.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#10 Jul 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take responsibility for a pedophile when you take responsibility for str8 rape.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#11 Jul 12, 2012
qwerty26 wrote:
I will not take responsibility for a pedophile.
(Nor would I disparage all heteros because of the actions of some of them.)
Of course you wouldn't disparage all heteros-just those who don't agree with your point of view. A professor of sociology at UT surveys 1,000 children of heteros and gays and asked them questions to determine if their lives were changed 'significantly' based on their life with hetero or gay parents. He posted his findings, and "big bang" erupts.

Why, because the "responses" from the children of a gay parent were more negative 'response' life experiences when compared to children of hetero, bioloical parents.

These were responses being reported from the "participants" of the study. If any of you gays have a problem, you probably need to take it up with the "participants"-get them to change their story. Other than that, what is-is.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jul 12, 2012
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Point made! Sandusky was a pedophile and had nothing to do with "the gay community"-which is strange. Sandusky engages in oral and anal sex with little boys, the same sex acts gays engage in, but Sandusky is not gay.

Now what do you call a male who engages in sex with another male? The same thing you gay posters call a hetero "because down deep inside you are really a gay man wanting to get out, you really want to have sex with me"-huh?

And since when do you speak for a gay community that wishes to be autonomous? I always thought the gay rights movement just wanted equality. Now you're telling me that a man has to be part of the "autonomous gay community engaging in oral and anal sex with each other", and that Sandusky is not gay, even though he performed the same oral and anal acts as men in the "gay community" performed, because he is really a pedophile and not recognized by the "autonomous gay community."

I ain't the one smoking crack, huh?
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#13 Jul 12, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take responsibility for a pedophile when you take responsibility for str8 rape.
Gognative thought porcesses. You gays are the ones calling Sandusky a pedophile rather than a gay pedophile. You want to ignore the fact he engages in oral and anal sex with other males.
Take responsibilty for your own lifestyle definition of sexual preference and quit bothering me.
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#14 Jul 12, 2012
Leftatalbuquerque wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't taken any resposibilities for the consequences of you actions to date. Why would I believe your post has any meaning whatsoever?

“We are all atheists”

Lewes, DE

#17 Jul 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you wouldn't disparage all heteros-just those who don't agree with your point of view. A professor of sociology at UT surveys 1,000 children of heteros and gays and asked them questions to determine if their lives were changed 'significantly' based on their life with hetero or gay parents. He posted his findings, and "big bang" erupts.
Why, because the "responses" from the children of a gay parent were more negative 'response' life experiences when compared to children of hetero, bioloical parents.
These were responses being reported from the "participants" of the study. If any of you gays have a problem, you probably need to take it up with the "participants"-get them to change their story. Other than that, what is-is.
The study is so flawed. Have you read it? Read anything about it? The best you can say about the so-called results is that children raised in broken homes do worse than children not raised in broken homes. Duh! And that is the best you can get from this "study."

Why do you suppose hundreds of other professionals have already condemned the methodology, not to mention the funding sources, which was nothing more than a bought-and-paid-for paper from anti-gay pundits? When other professionals in this field talk about comparing apples to oranges, this is what they are referring to - this study is a classic example of that type of non-scientific garbage.

So go ahead, cite your Regnerus BS. Hopefully, he will come clean and renounce his "research" without waiting 10 years like the last guy (Spitzer) did - you know, the one whose "study" was the backbone of all ex-gay, reparative therapy organizations for over a decade, which he has finally renounced. I really don't know how a scientifically-trained person can publish such trash, and unfortunately, people, such as yourself, think that this proves something. What it proves is that some people and some organizations will go to any length, tell any lies, to further their anti-gay agenda and animus.

PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jul 12, 2012
qwerty26 wrote:
<quoted text>
The study is so flawed. Have you read it? Read anything about it? The best you can say about the so-called results is that children raised in broken homes do worse than children not raised in broken homes. Duh! And that is the best you can get from this "study."
Why do you suppose hundreds of other professionals have already condemned the methodology, not to mention the funding sources, which was nothing more than a bought-and-paid-for paper from anti-gay pundits? When other professionals in this field talk about comparing apples to oranges, this is what they are referring to - this study is a classic example of that type of non-scientific garbage.
So go ahead, cite your Regnerus BS. Hopefully, he will come clean and renounce his "research" without waiting 10 years like the last guy (Spitzer) did - you know, the one whose "study" was the backbone of all ex-gay, reparative therapy organizations for over a decade, which he has finally renounced. I really don't know how a scientifically-trained person can publish such trash, and unfortunately, people, such as yourself, think that this proves something. What it proves is that some people and some organizations will go to any length, tell any lies, to further their anti-gay agenda and animus.
Have you noticed where my location is? Do you know where the University of Texas Is? Duh!

Now about these other professional? It is my understanding that a peer group from the University of Pennsylvania, of all places, has commended this study as being one of the better studies on this issue that has been done, and remarked that it debunks some of the assertions that gays, especially single gay parents, are better at parenting than heteros, as the gay community would have the world believe.(I'm sure you are familiar with this peer observation)?

And I don't know why you gays can be so narrow minded. It's always your way or the hi-way. Well, we 'others' have the same rights to form our own opinions as you folks do. Just because you are a fit throwing, craybaby, thumb sucker, you don't have the right to tell me what to think, accept, or believe. And none of you have the right to jump right in here and start calling people names. As one of your more militant gays on this subject has posted, "Your rights end where mine begin."

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#19 Jul 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed where my location is? Do you know where the University of Texas Is? Duh!
Now about these other professional? It is my understanding that a peer group from the University of Pennsylvania, of all places, has commended this study as being one of the better studies on this issue that has been done, and remarked that it debunks some of the assertions that gays, especially single gay parents, are better at parenting than heteros, as the gay community would have the world believe.(I'm sure you are familiar with this peer observation)?
And I don't know why you gays can be so narrow minded. It's always your way or the hi-way. Well, we 'others' have the same rights to form our own opinions as you folks do. Just because you are a fit throwing, craybaby, thumb sucker, you don't have the right to tell me what to think, accept, or believe. And none of you have the right to jump right in here and start calling people names. As one of your more militant gays on this subject has posted, "Your rights end where mine begin."
your a flucking moron... no shocker from texASS

“We are all atheists”

Lewes, DE

#20 Jul 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed where my location is? Do you know where the University of Texas Is? Duh!...
Please excuse me. Since you are physically located close to the university, you must be correct. There can't be any other answer. I withdraw my comments. </SARC>

San Francisco

#21 Jul 12, 2012
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
With reasoning skills like that, a Nobel Prize is undoubtedly in your future. Study hard now and you might even be able to skip a grade. Good luck!
PATRIOT

San Antonio, TX

#22 Jul 12, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>your a flucking moron... no shocker from texASS
I'm gonna report you to the Creep Police. The eat people like you. And I'll bet you live up to your name pretty damned good. Just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 14 min meloo12 13,932
Looking for bottom in jeddah 2 nite (May '13) 2 hr foofoo 153
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 4 hr DARKO-JED 554
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 4 hr Raji2015 2,052
News Transgender clinic opens 4 hr huey goins 52
News Parents seek halt to 48-year-old's gender reass... 5 hr TerryE 1
News Eddie Redmayne stuns in first trailer for trans... 11 hr TerryE 1
More from around the web