A Venti Regret? NOM Pledges That Starbucks Will Pay A 'Price' For Gay Marriage Support

Nov 11, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com

Starbucks' support of same-sex marriage in Washington state was praised by a number of prominent rights activists. But the Seattle-based coffee chain's outspoken opponents seem determined to have the last word.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2012

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

As if people in those countries really cared enough about American CHRISTIAN politics to give a damn. No matter what they think about gays, virtually no one in Qatar is Christian and in India they are a small part of the population and concentrated regionally in two areas. On the other hand, lots of American stuff from Nike to McDonald's has international cache.
christina

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Keep wasting that $$$ Maggie and her minions. Election night is showing this country is moving FORWARD on LGBTQ rights. So by all means Maggie, keep wasting all that money for nothing like the good "Christians" you are.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Come ON!

Talk about a constituency gap.

The NOM staff may drink Starbucks, but the supporters are pure truckstop swill.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

NOM is playing this ugly little game in countries where extremist, violent reactions to such perceived insults to their collective beliefs are all too common. If any one is hurt or any property damaged as a result of NOM's provocations, the whole lot of them should be brought up on criminal charges.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
NOM is playing this ugly little game in countries where extremist, violent reactions to such perceived insults to their collective beliefs are all too common. If any one is hurt or any property damaged as a result of NOM's provocations, the whole lot of them should be brought up on criminal charges.
Sounds to me like they're becoming more and more like a typical terrorist organization. Promoting violence to further their cause is a key sign.

And NOM points to middle eastern countries where they promise Starbucks will "pay the price" for challenging them on one man one woman marriage? I guess NOM hasn't heard that middle eastern countries have legal polygamous marriage already.
Jose

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Politicians must be held politically accountable for their actions.

"Marco Rubio Robocalls Against Equality For NOM"

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/11/05/1138...
John E

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

NOM should go out immediately and buy dozens of cups of Starbucks Coffee and pour them down the drain! Then buy more, then buy some more, and more....
That'll show em!

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
Sounds to me like they're becoming more and more like a typical terrorist organization. Promoting violence to further their cause is a key sign.
And NOM points to middle eastern countries where they promise Starbucks will "pay the price" for challenging them on one man one woman marriage? I guess NOM hasn't heard that middle eastern countries have legal polygamous marriage already.
These people know exactly what they are doing and if there is any sort of violent response as a result, it should be NOM which pays the price.

HETEROSEXUAL polygamous marriage, the way GOD intended, so it's okay to look the other way on that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Rick in Kansas wrote:
There are clear and provable links between them and Eastern Orthodox Patriarchs. American members of these churches are actively lobbying Congress at their urgings.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Ha ha ha. I used to go to New York a lot and in that huge city there are like 2 Starbucks per block, and every one of them has HUGE lines. I lived in Los Angeles and same there. Even in my small town now there must be at least 4 or 5 Starbucks in the area and they are always full of contented people sipping lates or the like, reading, typing, whatever.

Who cares about this weird bored bunch of loonies? Obama was reelected and the republican party is in tatters and sinking like a stone, scrabbling for some sort of relevancy and is rudderless and confused!

The BEST revenge?

"I'd like a double mocha late with soy milk and a raisin scone, please! Name? CURTEESE!"

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

I'm openly gay. I believe in equal marriage rights for all. I HATE coffee. And I would never spend $14.96 for some "designer coffee" at a starbucks.

Just put the teapot on my gas stove, pull out a Lipton teabag, and relax with a nice cup of hot tea for 18 cents.

:)

“Dont reelect useless politicos”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

John E wrote:
NOM should go out immediately and buy dozens of cups of Starbucks Coffee and pour them down the drain! Then buy more, then buy some more, and more....
That'll show em!
Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>These people know exactly what they are doing and if there is any sort of violent response as a result, it should be NOM which pays the price.
HETEROSEXUAL polygamous marriage, the way GOD intended, so it's okay to look the other way on that.
They are as fanatical as the Islamic fanatics .They have never engaged in that type of violence but the same mind set.

Imagine a gvmt with people like Santorum and Michelle Bachman in power , USA would be destroyed from the inside out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There are clear and provable links between them and Eastern Orthodox Patriarchs. American members of these churches are actively lobbying Congress at their urgings.
As you know with the rise of "Tea party" type groups, the Christian conservatives found a partner with corporate money.
They got their second wind in Florida due to corporate money.

Corporate CEO's laugh at them and see them as idiots but realize that by joining political forces they have the ability to take out Democrats in several races.

Corporate money helped fund fanatical Christian ground troops, they do the voting and the marching.

You know this but thought worth posting so teenagers like Foxy might open their eyes .

It does look like the relationship is coming to an end but you never know .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Curteese wrote:
Ha ha ha. I used to go to New York a lot and in that huge city there are like 2 Starbucks per block, and every one of them has HUGE lines. I lived in Los Angeles and same there. Even in my small town now there must be at least 4 or 5 Starbucks in the area and they are always full of contented people sipping lates or the like, reading, typing, whatever.
Who cares about this weird bored bunch of loonies? Obama was reelected and the republican party is in tatters and sinking like a stone, scrabbling for some sort of relevancy and is rudderless and confused!
The BEST revenge?
"I'd like a double mocha late with soy milk and a raisin scone, please! Name? CURTEESE!"
The GOP poured hundreds of millions of dollars in Florida and lost. The Allen West race was one of many losses and since they refuse to accept defeat, there is now a petition to secede , lol.

Much of the solid red bible areas remind me of the movie "Children of the Corn".

"Allen West, lost his reelection bid to Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy ... Murphy edged out the Tea Party freshman West by less than 2,500 votes,... West spent more than $17 million to Murphy's $3.6 million"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Jose - in Miami wrote:
They are as fanatical as the Islamic fanatics .They have never engaged in that type of violence but the same mind set.
Imagine a gvmt with people like Santorum and Michelle Bachman in power , USA would be destroyed from the inside out.
I live in Kansas, it's not tough to imagine, we are about to get one. Right wing zealot/Christian Soldier, Governor Sam Brownback, has had his wet dream come true, an absolute ideological majority in both chambers of the Legislature at his beckon call. There used to be enough moderate Republicans, who if they sided with the few Democrats could curb their worse excesses, but they solved that problem and now there aren't enough votes to stop anything they want. You should expect Brownbackistan to start generating some pretty scary headlines in the second half of January.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

We need a "scary" icon.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Speaking from personal experience?
John E

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a diIdo up your A$$ to keep you happy.
You gay sex fascination tells a lot about you.
John E

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just another perverted Fa$$ot fked up in the head. You're dismissed. LMFAO
Not going anywhere. LMFAO + 1

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Transgender Forum right now

Search the Transgender Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 10 min I can read 679
i am bottom in dammam (Aug '12) 1 hr 19top 508
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 1 hr Sam-Lebanese-Top 287
looking for massage in Jubail (May '13) 2 hr hello 83
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 2 hr agrsin 1,296
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 4 hr kasif 1,069
Any bottom in dammam or khobar 9 hr Memo007 5
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 11 hr hot top 12,581
The Growing trend of eunuchs/men without balls (Nov '08) Aug 14 Gay Bill 149
•••
•••