Fighting for acceptance for transgend...

Fighting for acceptance for transgender youth

There are 2 comments on the Bangor Daily News story from May 27, 2013, titled Fighting for acceptance for transgender youth. In it, Bangor Daily News reports that:

Times profiled Tony Bias, a high school sophomore targeted by bullies because he is transgender.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangor Daily News.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 May 27, 2013
A well written article! It describes pretty well what we go through. Though most of it is internalized, the leaving school part isn't. I left school in the tenth grade, despite a Mensa level IQ. I have never met a transgendered person who had less than a Mensa level IQ. Interestingly enough, In the "Comments" section below the article, someone asked "Why"? In other words, Why are you doing this for them and God made us all special, blah blah blah!
If that's the case and god gave us these "Gifts", He gave me Scoliosis. Should my parents have not had it corrected by surgery? Just let it go! After all, God made us all special! There are consequences for letting these things go. If my parents had let it go and deluded themselves with the "It's God's Will" nonsense, I would be a hopeless cripple, maybe even dead. My spine, as it bends more and more would have eventually closed off a lung, which would become gangrenous. These things must be treated!
Regards, Terri
Jeni M

Savannah, GA

#2 May 28, 2013
I agree with TerryE ,this is a well written cogent article.One of the greatest obstacles that the LGBT community is faced with is IGNORANCE.It therefore, becomes incumbent on people in the medical and scientific community like this pediatrician to educate the public through articles like this.In my view, the other most disconcerting impediment to the securing of our recognition,acceptance,rights and place in society is unenlightened,fear based , pre scientific faith systems and doctrines that prey on their adherents' existential angst.They allegedly preach and teach that they are all about the "Love of God and Neighbor" yet hypocritically charge that we are "intrinsically evil," or have "chosen" a perverted life style ,and as such, are damned" to some fire based pit called "hell!" Regrettably, this gives license to some of their less than intelligent followers too fear,hate,discriminate and even do violence to us because they view us less than human and deserving of such treatment.This must stop!They must be held accountable for their hate speech because it violates and kills people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 12 min barefoot2626 2,664
News When unexpected body parts appear in the shower 23 min Doctor Snapfinger 1
News LGBT rights protesters vow to keep fighting Mis... 42 min Imprtnrd 9
News Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros. 45 min Frankie Rizzos 35
lookin for top jeddah (Jul '10) 2 hr fasal 2,372
News Walmart Sued By Transgender Woman Who Says She ... (Oct '15) 3 hr Three Days 23
i am secret bottom in dammam :) (Aug '12) 6 hr love_4u 734
More from around the web