Gays and transsexuals 'will never go to heaven', cardinal says

Dec 3, 2009 Full story: Telegraph.co.uk 180

The Roman Catholic Church still regards homosexuality as an "insult to God" and homosexuals and transsexuals will never go to Heaven, a leading cardinal said on Wednesday, prompting a rebuke from the Vatican.

Full Story
Martha

Miami, OK

#85 Jan 4, 2010
It's very interesting that the people who are suppose to be followers of Christ, act the least like Jesus. Jesus loved God's word, he lived for God's word and he gave his life in obedience to God's word. All Scripture is God's word, even tho it was written by men from God's inspiration. The Apostle Paul was a preacher to the Gentiles, pagans who were in the nations, they didn't know the God of Israel, Almighty God Jehovah, they had to learn the Scriptures, they had to learn who Jesus was as the Messiah to Israel, the Jews were already learned, but only a very few, a remnant followed Jesus. Homosexuality was common in Pauls day, these men had to stop that practice if they wanted to worship the God of Israel, and be followers of Jesus. The hope God gave them was everlasting life in the new world, living under the rule of the King of Kings Jesus. The new world will have no crime, war, sickness or tears.
Everlasting life should be the goal of all Christians today.

(Revelation 21:3-4). . .With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
hmmm_very provocative

Atlanta, GA

#87 Jan 8, 2010
Very well spoken, Spider. You may consider using less profanity to make your point. Profanity is the sign of a feeble mind trying to express itself. But, by the content of your post, maybe the profanity is telling.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#88 Jan 8, 2010
Martha wrote:
It's very interesting that the people who are suppose to be followers of Christ, act the least like Jesus. Jesus loved God's word, he lived for God's word and he gave his life in obedience to God's word. All Scripture is God's word, even tho it was written by men from God's inspiration. The Apostle Paul was a preacher to the Gentiles, pagans who were in the nations, they didn't know the God of Israel, Almighty God Jehovah, they had to learn the Scriptures, they had to learn who Jesus was as the Messiah to Israel, the Jews were already learned, but only a very few, a remnant followed Jesus. Homosexuality was common in Pauls day, these men had to stop that practice if they wanted to worship the God of Israel, and be followers of Jesus. The hope God gave them was everlasting life in the new world, living under the rule of the King of Kings Jesus. The new world will have no crime, war, sickness or tears.
Everlasting life should be the goal of all Christians today.
(Revelation 21:3-4). . .With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
Does not make sense. If Paul believed Jesus was the "God of Israel" then why did he reject circumcision and prayer with the head covered? He did so to appeal to gentiles. If gentiles of the day were practicing homosexuality - and we know from Greek and Roman literature (and bathhouse graffiti and art) that they were certainly do so, why would he not have also adapted the "New Covenant" to accept it? Perhaps because it was never explicitly rejected by him and his words condemning what some translators believe was homosexuality are a mistranslation of the original Koine.
The Virgin Queen

Miami, FL

#89 Jan 8, 2010
Shemale Charli wrote:
<quoted text>Seems resonable. But I do feel that God created me this way. If not, why would I waste my life living a lie?
Created you what way?
Real

Berwyn, IL

#90 Jan 8, 2010
Don't ya just love when a man of God makes a as judgemental as that claim. I thought Jesus said not to judge anyone, that's God's job. Another thing, the Catholic Cardinal needs to remember is that the Our Father says...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Guess the Cardinal isn't going to heaven either. Judgement is left to God and only God because he created ALL of us, gay people included. I'm not gay and I may not agree with it but, I certainly believe its not for me to judge. God wants us to Love each other, period! The Catholic church wonders why its losing members by the dozens. Its because of dum comments like that, when you have a Cardinal spewing hatred! He should be ashamed of himself.
Real

Berwyn, IL

#91 Jan 8, 2010
Raymond Rice wrote:
<quoted text> if strong mothers and weak fathers produce this condition, why are not whole families made up of gay sons???
I agree with you. That was a dum explaination she gave. I have four brothers and a very strong mom and a father who died when they were very young boys and none of my brothers are gay! Some people are just so stupid!

And as far as that comment made by the Cardinal. Who does he think was having sex with little boys.....Catholic Priests and the Church covered it up! Does he believe all those priests are going to hell now? What hypocrits!
Beaks

Somerset, KY

#94 Jun 25, 2012
Neither will the Blacks!!!, Please let me explain, Do you know that story in the Bible in Genesis where Noah is in His tent sleeping?. Ham (Noah's son) came in the tent and saw Noah's nakedness and went and told His brothers about it, After Noah awoke He found out what Ham did to Him, Noah pronounced a curse upon Canaah (Hams grandson) for what Ham did to Him. Canaah is the father of the Black race of people and all Blacks bear this curse!.I know this one Black dude who particularly resents this fact, One day, I overheard Him cussing the Holy Spirit all to pieces!, You should have heard Him, It was so funny, You'd die laughing!.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#95 Jun 25, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
Arrogance coming from a man named after a bird....
The Cardinal seems to conveniently forget that Transsexual women are women;and,NOT gay men.I suppose the only ones going to their heaven will be the pedophile priests and their superiors who covered up the crimes?Sooner or later the RC Church will have to confront aggressively the idiocy of It's leading Hierarchy.
The Oracle

UK

#96 Jul 5, 2012
Laughing Liberal wrote:
no one goes to heaven .. it's pretend ... like gods, trolls, leprechauns, etc. Gay is OK.
religions are myth and superstition ... no more

You are way too sensible for this forum.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#97 Jul 5, 2012
Good. Ending up in the afterlife with a bunch of self-righteous religious persons would not be heaven to me it would be hell. I'd rather my spirit was free after death. No God can condemn me (or anyone) to hell either, only our own beliefs can do that.
Paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#98 Jul 6, 2012
..well...some ..will go to ..heavan,here...eh...yada u u

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#100 Jul 6, 2012
kik-wire wrote:
Good. Ending up in the afterlife with a bunch of self-righteous religious persons would not be heaven to me it would be hell. I'd rather my spirit was free after death. No God can condemn me (or anyone) to hell either, only our own beliefs can do that.
It is ludicrous when homophobes condemn gays to hell;but,seem to forget that it is better for men to like one another,than to keep killing one another.The most idiotic reasons against being gay;are not even reasons at all;they are simply prejudices and the way society defines the role of men.That role has changed;and,for the better.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#101 Jul 7, 2012
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Does not make sense. If Paul believed Jesus was the "God of Israel" then why did he reject circumcision and prayer with the head covered? He did so to appeal to gentiles. If gentiles of the day were practicing homosexuality - and we know from Greek and Roman literature (and bathhouse graffiti and art) that they were certainly do so, why would he not have also adapted the "New Covenant" to accept it? Perhaps because it was never explicitly rejected by him and his words condemning what some translators believe was homosexuality are a mistranslation of the original Koine.
Why did Paul have more to say and preach than Jesus ever did? And he very definitely discouraged marriage, unless lust caused a person to "burn". What the hell was the matter with that guy?

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#102 Jul 8, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Paul have more to say and preach than Jesus ever did? And he very definitely discouraged marriage, unless lust caused a person to "burn". What the hell was the matter with that guy?
I still do not believe Paul was a Jew. I think he was a very clever Roman who wanted to make a name for himself. He lived in a very sexualized society (as the tons of erotic art discovered in Pompeii and other places prove) and probably realized that suppressing sexuality would make him stand out and also to appeal to jealous Roman matrons whose husbands were off cavorting with slave women and boys. He clearly seemed to be familiar with Zoroastrianism and other dualistic religions which were getting a lot of publicity in Rome at the time.

I do not believe, as an atheist, that Jesus existed (or if he did, that he was really a character made up of several different people). My own feeling is the Paul dictated the three synaptic gospels and each was embellished a bit differently by its respective compiler.

Lest you think I am only condemning the origins of Christianity, I don't believe Moses or Abraham really existed either and I have some doubts about Zoroaster and Buddha. I think one has to go forward in time to Mohammed to get to a religion founder whose existence is historically fairly certain.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#103 Jul 8, 2012
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
I still do not believe Paul was a Jew. I think he was a very clever Roman who wanted to make a name for himself. He lived in a very sexualized society (as the tons of erotic art discovered in Pompeii and other places prove) and probably realized that suppressing sexuality would make him stand out and also to appeal to jealous Roman matrons whose husbands were off cavorting with slave women and boys. He clearly seemed to be familiar with Zoroastrianism and other dualistic religions which were getting a lot of publicity in Rome at the time.
I do not believe, as an atheist, that Jesus existed (or if he did, that he was really a character made up of several different people). My own feeling is the Paul dictated the three synaptic gospels and each was embellished a bit differently by its respective compiler.
Lest you think I am only condemning the origins of Christianity, I don't believe Moses or Abraham really existed either and I have some doubts about Zoroaster and Buddha. I think one has to go forward in time to Mohammed to get to a religion founder whose existence is historically fairly certain.
You are VERY sensible! Thank you for taking the time to post this to me. Have a great day :)
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#104 Jul 10, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way too sensible for this forum.
..welcome back...but I's somewhat disagree with you's ,here...eh..thankyou....
Copernicus

El Segundo, CA

#105 Jul 10, 2012
Increased acceptance of homosexuality is an indication of a society in decline.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#107 Jul 10, 2012
If a person believes that their salvation hinges on the words coming from a man's mouth, is insane, and in serious need to rid themselves of mental slavery !

That would be as stupid as stating that those who are obese will not inherit the kingdom, because over indulgence is a sin lol.

Get real !

SMH

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#108 Jul 10, 2012
Copernicus wrote:
Increased acceptance of homosexuality is an indication of a society in decline.
Rome and Greece did quite well. Infact they did alot better than our current society lol.
Non Serviam

North Charleston, SC

#109 Jul 10, 2012
Back to the thread, if gays and trans sexuals are barred from Heaven, most of the Catholic clergy will be out of luck. The catholic clergy is a bastion of deviancy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 31 min Frankie Rizzo 3,983
LGBT Worcestershire residents invited to join h... 54 min Belle Sexton 4
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 1 hr Zeppelin 2,761
meet here gays.(. jeddah) (Feb '10) 2 hr wewe 13,023
Massage(Yanbu) (Feb '13) 4 hr 69both 412
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 4 hr Rick in Kansas 759
Looking for Bottom in Jubail, Dammam and Khobar. 6 hr NICE TOP 1
goodlooking filipino offering massage in jeddah (Jul '13) 16 hr esam 382

Transgender People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE