New Jersey Moves on Transgender Birth...

New Jersey Moves on Transgender Birth Certificate Bill

There are 1 comment on the Advocate story from Dec 16, 2013, titled New Jersey Moves on Transgender Birth Certificate Bill. In it, Advocate reports that:

The New Jersey Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee Thursday passed a bill, by a vote of 6-2, that will make it easier for transgender people to amend their state-issued birth certificates to reflect their accurate gender, regardless of whether they've had any kind of gender-confirming surgery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advocate.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Dec 17, 2013
I genuinely hope this bill passes. Being from NJ, it will help me, and others. Also I want a "Gender Confirming" Name change. I other like a woman gets when she marries. Only ours would be the first name only. The surname would remain the same. So Mark Smith would become Mary Smith. That's all! Simple!
Regards, Terri

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southwestern Connecticut companies lauded for L... 27 min Wondering 13
News Some firsts among 32 US students picked as Rhod... 43 min bluestreak returns 3
News Should tax dollars pay for gender reassignment ... 6 hr TerriB1 1
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) Fri Hameedo 2,322
News White supremacist hate crimes, violence against... Fri Gremlin 2
News Movie's Ads Protest Rules Aimed at Gay Men Dona... Fri Wondering 9
Looking for old gay men in jeddah (Dec '10) Fri Love top 1,095
More from around the web