Dorm rooms might go coed

Dorm rooms might go coed

There are 5 comments on the The Daily Gazette story from Oct 11, 2010, titled Dorm rooms might go coed. In it, The Daily Gazette reports that:

At most colleges, men and women have lived harmoniously together in coed dorms - often just a floor, wing or few doors away - for decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Gazette.

Jeff

Manchester, NH

#1 Oct 12, 2010
The article makes little sense.

The whole article is about difficulties for gay and lesbian at college.

Who in the world does having men and women request to share a room address the problems caused by the minority who act on their bigotry against homosexuals. Answer is of course it doe not.

Harrassment is not acceptable at all. Action must be swift and sure on that. The terrible event of suicide after vidoe posting has roots in bigotry, harrassment, and a hazing metnality which is in most states now a felony. Any hint of that should have, and should always be investigated and guildty prosecuted and expelled.

I think anyone should be able to request roommates by name including freshman.

The headline of "coed dorm rooms" is a distraction and does nothing to address the harrassment by bigots which would still be there becasue focussing on coed drom rooms does nothing to address that real problem.

Coed dorm room is no big deal at all. What is a big deal is the harrasement that even can lead to suicide.

So instead of woryying about mixed sexes in rooms, lets really worry about and take action on the issues of harrassemnt and those who do it, and even organize others to participate.

Hazing is a crime in most places. This harrassment is even worse and should be treated that way with immediate action.

Since: Oct 10

Chelsea, MA

#2 Oct 12, 2010
i dont see the problem with it. like fir example if a bf and gf are going to the same college they might want to live together in the dorm. why not?
College Student

Pasadena, CA

#3 Oct 12, 2010
It's a great idea. Being able to have constant sex will allow kids to have lower stress levels, and their grades should definitely be improved!

Since: Oct 10

Chelsea, MA

#4 Oct 12, 2010
hahahahahaha yeahh that too. i just feel bad for the washermashine
floridaguy

Cape Coral, FL

#5 Dec 5, 2013
I think it a good idea
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transgender Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 116
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 48 min Sneaky Pete 29
News Rodeo clowna s quip about gender identity no la... 54 min Sneaky Pete 3
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 2 hr Homophobe pride 15
i need bottom in riyadh (Jun '13) 2 hr MOHAND 335
News Paxton says he will meet with transgender child... 3 hr TerriB1 1
where guys and gays hangout in jeddah (Sep '10) 3 hr joker 2,241
More from around the web